News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

They Thought Redwall was Safe! (Is Redwall as Safe as they Say it is? Part 3!)

Started by Ashleg, February 24, 2017, 11:33:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashleg

"Why does it have to be with Shadowmay?" Maxy groaned, waving a paw at the mouse.
"I had plans to go by myself, you know."
What Bracklew had said still lingered in the dark parts of his mind.
Fighting battles when he was younger than him...how lucky that squirrel was.

Groddil

The mouse grinned, leaning down to her friend's ear.
"We'll just ditch her first chance we get. But if we go with her to start, we'll have a better chance of being let out."
Stumbly giggled briefly, before scarfing down the stolen scone.

LT Sandpaw

OOC: Post!

IC:

Close enough to hear what the two young Redwallers were saying, Bracklew leaned in close, lowering his own voice to match theirs. "Or you could just leave by the main gate." He winked, and drew back, turning to Duncan.
"Where'd Fang run off to? He seemed upset that Petu and Aver didn't sit over here."

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Groddil

OOC:

When you're an adult but are still classified as "young."

BIC:

Stumbly grinned.
"An' this is why I love ya, Brack. I already feel old, and here you are."
Having scarfed down the scone, the mousemaid licked her lips.
"I'll go see Drubble, get some drinks. You try and dodge Rusk and get us some food. Can't head out there without it."

Ashleg

OOC-
Well, Maxy's not an adult yet, and technically Stumbly is young, I mean she's 18. Depending on where you are that might still be a high school age.
You know, the term young adult? ;)
IC-
"Ah, whatever!" Maxy said, piling pasties onto his plate. Why dodge Rusk when there was food right in front of him? They were just going out for an afternoon...the squirrel's brow furrowed and he chased after Stumbly.
"Hey! Just because I was raised by a hare doesn't mean I'll starve within a few hours of not eating anything..."

--

Duncan shrugged.
"He's nice, but sure screwy. Who knows what goes on in that rat's head. Why, did ya want him?"

Groddil

OOC: It was sarcasm. ;D Although the only way an 18-year-old could still be in school is if they got kept down, unless there's a really weird schooling system out there somewhere.

BIC:

Stumbly giggled.
"You think I wanted food for you? Oh, Maxy... I get hungry too, you know."
The mouse shoved open the cellar door.
"Hey, Drubble. You awake yet?"
"Hurr? Stumbly? Burr, oi think oi've slept in again, burr aye."
"You're getting old, papa. I'm going out in Mossflower, grabbin' some drinks."
"Wutt koind o' drinks is ye takin', mizz?"
"Not sure. I probably won't take much, so I'll leave the list intact."
"Alroight. Oi'd best be up to 'ee brekkist table 'afore that harebeast eats everthin', yes zurr!"
"You do that."
The mouse squeezed through a gap in the barrels into a little area Drubble had set up to keep track of how much of each drink he had. Grabbing four flagons, she filled two from the strawberry cordial barrel and one from the October Ale. The mousemaid debated what else to take when she noticed a small cask on top of one of the barrels. That would be Drubble's latest experiment. She poured a little into her paw and slurped it down.
"Mmm. Tastes like honey."
She filled a flagon from the cask and peered at the label attached to the spigot.
"Hmm, 'Unneyd Mead.' Eh, tastes alright."
The mouse picked up a small basket from the corner of the room and jogged out of the cellar.
"Got food, Max? I got a basket."

Ashleg

OOC-
High school seniors are usually 18.
IC-
Maxy grinned and dumped the pastries into Stumbly's basket, then dusted his paws off.
"Huh, I didn't know you are so much. Mind adding some of that Strawberry Coridal, Drubble?"

Groddil

OOC: Really? They're 16-turning-17 here.

BIC:

"Half the drinks are Strawberry Cordial already, Max. You still half-asleep? Whatever. You take the basket. I'll get my things."
The mouse shoved the basket into Maxy's paws, chuckled, and ran up the steps towards the main door. Thankfully, she hadn't bothered to change out of her tunic, and already knew where Shadomay had left the keys.

LT Sandpaw

OOC: Hm, I always thought the last year of Highschool was pointless. Maybe you Aussies got something good going on there. ^-^

BTW Ashes, where's Rappy? We can have him and Rayne meet up.

IC:

"Ah, no." Bracklew said, raising an eyebrow at Duncan. "He seemed miffed. He just doesn't act that way, typically, you know Fang. Usually rather cheerful..." Bracklew trailed off, lapsing back into silence.

Ashleg

OOC-
I was thinking that the Rayne thing would be way later, but here he comes now. :P
IC-
Rapshade raced after Fangfang clumsily, being led by the front paw.
"Wh-where are we going?!" the ferret gasped. He was able to get away with more with Fang than any of the other residents. Then again, they were raised together.

Fang giggled and turned the corner of the hall, skidding over the carpet so they wouldn't crash.
"You'll see, Rappy! We're gonna go in there..."

"Where?"

"Th' Great Hall, we're goin' to th' Great Hall....and..."

"An' what?"

"We're gonna get revenge on Petu an' Aver, see. Gossip an' look like we're havin' fun in secret!"

Rapshade tipped on his paws. "That's so pointless. I mean, heh, great idea, Fang..."

--

"I wanted plain Strawberry Coridal, Stumbly." Maxy called, turning back to Drubble.
"You'd do that for me, won't you?"

Groddil

Stumbly yelled over her shoulder at the top of the stairs.
"There is strawberry cordial, you idjit."
Drubble sauntered over and inspected the basket.
"Burr, she be's roight. These two is strawbee corjul, aye. One October Ale, Two strawbee corjul... an'... Iz that what oi think it..."

LT Sandpaw

Descending the stairs towards the Great Hall, Rayne stopped at the bottom having noticed Redwall's resident rat and ferret. Coughing, the mouse healer alerted them to her presence, approaching the two and speaking to Fangfang.
"Are you finished breakfasting already?" She held a paw to her mouth, stifling a yawn. "I must have slept in again."

Ashleg

"Well, I don't know what you grabbed!" Maxy retorted, glaring up the stairs.
He turned back to Drubble and gave the mole a pat on the shoulder. "Sorry, Mate. See you later."

Turning, the white squirrel burst out laughing as he charged after Stumbly.

--

Fangfang lashed his tail.
"Don't think so. We're just headin' back there t' mess with Petu, right, Rap?"

Rapshade rubbed his arm, amber eyes fixed dully on Rayne. He got noticeably uncomfortable whenever someone besides Fang got too close.
"Er, right, your idea."

LT Sandpaw

"Why would you want to do that?" Rayne asked, flashing a suspicious glance towards Fang. She'd never considered the rat as a troublemaker, but he was known for being a bit eccentric. She didn't even bother looking at Rapshade, the mouse healer never felt comfortable around the ferret. She self-consciously touched her lower jaw, Rayne hadn't fully forgiven Rapshade for his numerous crimes against the Abbey yet.

Ashleg

"He an' Aver are too important for sittin' with everybeast." Fang huffed.
"Didn't even say hi..." He brightened up almost right away. "Would you like t' join us, Rayne?"