News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Dark Forest

Started by Galedeep, July 02, 2011, 11:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on July 10, 2011, 10:04:17 AM
When they say 'grace', it's just a little song to the seasons thanking them for the food.

It's much more like celebration among friends and peace.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Captain Tammo

Yes, the grace is a little confusing about that also. And they sometimes do say "amen". But I think we can all just agree and say that Brian didn't have religion in his Redwall books.
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Storm

There's also a mention of Hell's teeth in several books. Here's an idea. Hellgates is the opening to the Dark Forest. The sunny slopes are part of the Dark forest. Now that BJ himself has left for the Dark Forest, we must imagine the spaces that he left for us.
Friends, Romans, Countrymen, lend me your ears.
I have come to bury Caesar, not praise him.
"Julius Caesar" by William Shakespeare

Osu

That's... a really good idea, Storm! I hadn't thought of that. All different parts of the same place. Genius.
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Captain Tammo

Yea that makes a lot of sense. I personally think that hellgates is a separate place and dark forest and sunny slopes are for good creatures. But well never know for sure
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

DanielofRedwall

Quote from: Captain Tammo on July 10, 2011, 06:20:34 PM
Yes, the grace is a little confusing about that also. And they sometimes do say "amen". But I think we can all just agree and say that Brian didn't have religion in his Redwall books.
Amen just means "I agree", so it isn't that strange.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Redwall Musician

Quote from: DanielofRedwall on July 14, 2011, 07:47:42 AM
Quote from: Captain Tammo on July 10, 2011, 06:20:34 PM
Amen just means "I agree", so it isn't that strange.

Amen: So it is, so be it.
Sorry, I study too much. :'(

So like Daniel said, it is not strange.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Osu

I usually hear "amen" over burritos.

"That was a good burrito."
"Amen."

XD Sorry, sorry! Back on topic, then...
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Reading through the Ask Brian Files:
Volume 2, thought I'd be interesting to post if anyone's interested:

"There is no religion in my stories and no hidden meanings. What you see is what you get. The Abbey is just a place of peace and comradeship, where creatures choose to live together."
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

ilovemariel

they also used the dark forest as the place were BAD, cruel cats went when they died in Warriors by erin hunter!
Old stories told by travellers, Great songs that bards have sung, Of Mossflower summers, faded, gone, When Redwall's stones were young. Great Hall fires on winter nights,
The legends, who remembers,Battles, banquets, comrades, quests,Recalled midst glowing embers.Draw close now, little woodlander

Captain Tammo

Quote from: ilovemariel on July 16, 2011, 12:25:52 PM
they also used the dark forest as the place were BAD, cruel cats went when they died in Warriors by erin hunter!
I don't remember that? Maybe they really are both sunny slopes and hellgates in dark forest

DanielofRedwall

Quote from: Captain Tammo on July 18, 2011, 04:51:42 AM
Quote from: ilovemariel on July 16, 2011, 12:25:52 PM
I don't remember that? Maybe they really are both sunny slopes and hellgates in dark forest
That's a good theory, dark forest is the whole thing, with sunny slopes and hellgates inside it.

Captain Tammo

It's not my theory, it was Storm's

DanielofRedwall

Oh, right, I didn't notice that!

Taggerung The Otter

Quote from: Captain Tammo on July 04, 2011, 01:23:27 AM
I always thought that "hellgates" or I'm sure it'd be safe just to use "hell" is, obviously, the bad place, and the "sunny slopes" are inside of dark forest. I think of dark forest is just like Mossflower but minus the vermin.

that does not explain why it is called Dark forest
For GOD so loved the world he gave his only begotton SON so that whoever belived in him would not parish but live eternal life.

Oh yeah...buitiful verse... :D