News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Chester Bennington & LINKIN PARK

Started by Søren, July 20, 2017, 09:18:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Søren

Chester Bennington, the lead singer of LINKIN PARK, died today.  :-\ So unfortunate and sad, he was defiantly one of the best voices I've ever heard.

I'm retired from the forum

Ashleg

Cornflower MM

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ashleg

That's a shame.
It seems like creative people are always killin' themselves. It's about time we stop.

MeadowR

I didn't really know much about Linkin Park and especially not the lead singer (nor information about how he died), but as ever, such a death is so sad to hear about: RIP.
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Andy

This was one of the few celebrity deaths that has actually had much of an effect on me personally. It bothers me a lot, and I'm not even entirely sure what all of the reasons are, but I really wish it hadn't come to this. I honestly still get upset thinking about it, which I think is partially because I was already bothered by so-called fans bashing Linkin Park's latest album (which I still haven't listened to entirely, unfortunately). I remember seeing some of the nasty things "fans" said to Chester on social media and I remember noticing in his responses to such things that something seemed... off. I know there had to be a lot going on that we don't know about, but it seems so difficult to understand why anyone, particularly "fans," would give an artist a hard time for doing what they do when it's clear something is really wrong. Not saying fans caused this, obviously, just wondering if maybe things would have been different had those people kept their disapproval to themselves so that he could have seen more appreciation and love from his fans. Sometimes seeing that people appreciate you is enough to help defeat your demons and it's really sad that this happened.

Either way, I have a necklace of the band's logo being shipped to me in his memory. I hope his friends, family, and band mates can find solace and recover in this difficult time.
Only actions can speak the truth.

Cornflower MM

Today marks one year. Chester is still much missed and loved by fans. I actually had One More Light on loop yesterday, although I didn't realize the date. Linkin Park will always be one of my favorite bands.