News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

2017 Solar Eclipse

Started by Jukka the Sling, August 21, 2017, 03:52:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jukka the Sling

Who's excited to see the solar eclipse today? :D
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Rosie Willowwater

I don't really care :P I'm not in a place where it gets all dark so I don't know if I have much to look forward to. :P

It is an amazing phenomenon though.

Jukka the Sling

Yeah, we aren't getting a total eclipse either, but the sun is still largely obscured, so I'm pretty excited. ;D
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Ashleg

Cornflower MM

There's a total eclipse really near me, but we're getting a 97% or something like that so I'm fine with staying home. They're expecting people from Tennessee and past Atlanta. The highways are pretty stuck. :P

KoudoawaiaVortex

I am very excited^^ 96% coverage where I'm at.

Andy

I would like to see it, but I don't have the appropriate eyewear, so I'm just gonna stay inside mostly and hopefully see the darkness without actually looking at the eclipse itself. Definitely gonna try to see and experience what I can!
Only actions can speak the truth.

Matthias720

We're getting about 70% coverage here. Should be interesting.

Lady Amber

The Skarzs

93% for us! Luckily I have a welding mask so my eyes can be protected. It is getting darker and cooler out. My shadow is hazy, really weird. And you can stand in the *direct* light and it feels like nothing
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

321tumbler

Cooool! We're around 75% but I'm still super excited! When you grow up in a science family I guess you have to be.

Andy

Just saw the eclipse myself. We didn't quite get totality here, but there was a cool feeling in the air and briefly we were able to look at it with the naked eye. I actually snapped a few photos, but they don't really do it justice, and you couldn't tell that it was dark through the lens.
Only actions can speak the truth.

Ashleg

We got totality here.
For 31 seconds.

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

a crumb

I traveled to the zone of totality today for it.
There is nothing so amazing as a 360 degree sunset coupled with the moon's shadow cooling your skin.

It'll be 1 am by the time I get home, but who cares?