News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Manga/Anime

Started by Maudie, November 29, 2014, 06:33:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luther of Redwall

Quote from: Rainshadow on November 30, 2014, 07:02:28 AM
Quote from: Luther of Redwall on November 30, 2014, 12:53:14 AM
I'm looking for an anime that's not extremely violent or immoral, any suggestions?

I'd suggest Free! if you like sports anime.  It's about the Iwatobi and the Samezuka swim clubs, and it's a really interesting show.  Lots of fun moments, as well as quite a few emotional ones.  The only downside is that this anime is only subbed (although the Japanese voice actors are AMAZING), but they've just recently announced that the second season's gonna be dubbed (they can't do the first season due to something about the rights to the show).  Still, I suggest watching the subbed before watching the dubbed (whenever that comes out), 'cause those actors are awesome.

@Deli-chan:  If you don't like anime or manga, when why are you visiting the exclusively anime and manga topic?  :P  *Gasp*  You actually like it, don't you?  That's why you're looking at this topic, isn't it?  I'm right, aren't I, Deli-chan?  TELL ME I'M RIGHT!
Oh, don't worry, I only watched subbed. I watched a few episodes of Naruto dubbed and it scarred me for life.
Life is fair because it is unfair to everyone.

Rainshadow

Quote from: Luther of Redwall on December 01, 2014, 12:09:41 AM
Quote from: Rainshadow on November 30, 2014, 07:02:28 AM
Quote from: Luther of Redwall on November 30, 2014, 12:53:14 AM
I'm looking for an anime that's not extremely violent or immoral, any suggestions?

I'd suggest Free! if you like sports anime.  It's about the Iwatobi and the Samezuka swim clubs, and it's a really interesting show.  Lots of fun moments, as well as quite a few emotional ones.  The only downside is that this anime is only subbed (although the Japanese voice actors are AMAZING), but they've just recently announced that the second season's gonna be dubbed (they can't do the first season due to something about the rights to the show).  Still, I suggest watching the subbed before watching the dubbed (whenever that comes out), 'cause those actors are awesome.

@Deli-chan:  If you don't like anime or manga, when why are you visiting the exclusively anime and manga topic?  :P  *Gasp*  You actually like it, don't you?  That's why you're looking at this topic, isn't it?  I'm right, aren't I, Deli-chan?  TELL ME I'M RIGHT!
Oh, don't worry, I only watched subbed. I watched a few episodes of Naruto dubbed and it scarred me for life.

What's so bad about dubbed Naruto?  #Hasn'twatchedNarutoyet  (Whoa, did I just use a hashtag?  This is a sad day.)
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Maudie

There is this one Anime/Manga that I was looking at that looked pretty good, but I require a second opinion. It's called Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit. Anyone know of it? Is it any good?
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Jetthebinturong

Haven't watched it but it's on my list... I think. The name sounds familiar

My list for anyone curious

Spoiler

The Anime to Watch List
1)   Attack on Titan (8.95/10 REWATCH)
2)   Kill La Kill
3)   Free! (9.25/10 REWATCH)
4)   Ouran High School Host Club
5)   Okami-San & Her 7 Companions
6)   Full Metal Panic
7)   Cowboy Bebop
8)   Black Lagoon
9)    Baccano
10)   Black Butler
11)   The Future Diary
12)   Deadman Wonderland
13)   Death Note
14)   No Game, No Life
15)   Code Geass-Lelouch of the Rebellion

Movies
1)   The Cat Returns
2)   Howl's Moving Castle
3)   Spirited Away
4)   Summer Wars
5)   Kara No Kyoukai – The Garden of Sinners
6)   Wolf Children
7)   Whisper of the Heart
8)   The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya
9)   Redline
10)   Akira
11)    Interstellar 5555
12)   Pretty much everything from Studio Ghibli

Unordered
Naruto
Tokyo Ghoul
Junjo Romantica (Probably not something a lot of you will want to watch, I'd advise looking it up first)
Fairy Tail
Bleach
The Future Diary
Psycho-Pass (Near the top of this list, sounds amazing)
Dangan Ronpa
Sword Art Online (Heard mixed things about this, I'm prepared to be disappointed)
Another (Pretty gruesome from what I've seen)
Hamatora the Animation
Hyouka
K Project (Sounds like a very cool murder mystery)
Karneval
Nagi no Asukara (Sounds weird but cool)
Noragami
Elfen Lied (Gruesome and kind of inappropriate, probably not of interest to a lot of you)
Witch Craft Works
Bokurano: Ours (Sounds very interesting and slightly creepy)
Log Horizon (Most people seem to think that the RPG setting was handled better here than in SAO)
Jormungand
Persona 4-The Animation
Trigun
Neon Genesis Evangelion (Because it's Evangelion, you have to)
Gankutsuou (Looks and sounds incredible)
Clannad
Clannad After Story
Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni
Spice and Wolf
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Love Hina (Just because)
Anohana
Chi's Sweet Home (Sounds kinda weird)
Gosick
Maoyu Mao Yusha
Gurren Lagann (EXPLOSIONS)
Samurai Champloo
Scrapped Princess
Angel Beats (Heard mixed things about this)
Madoka Magica
Last Exile
Level E (Sounds weird)
Shana
Carnival Phantasm
Toradora
Sound of the Sky
Ghost Hound
Hellsing
Fruits Basket
Paranoia Agent
Fullmetal Alchemist
Kino's Journey
Bamboo Blade
Genshiken
Steins;Gate
Air
Full Metal Panic: Fumoffu
Full Metal Panic the Second Raid
The Slayers
Heat Guy J
Gungrave
Hellsing Ultimate
Umineko No Naku Koro Ni
Tegami Bachi
Terror in Resonance
Fate/Stay Night (2006)
Fate/Zero
Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works
Wolf's Rain (Sounds amazing)
Berserk
Soul Eater
Desert Punk
Kanon 2006
Serial Experiments Lain
Planetes
Karas
STR.A.IN
Haibane Renmei
Final Fantasy Unlimited
Eden of the East
The Devil is a Part Timer
Nodame Cantabile
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-Kun
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
Princess Jellyfish
Darker Than BLACK
Kyokai no Kanata
Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii
Unbreakable Machine-Doll
Mahou Sensou
The Pilot's Love Song
Black Bullet
Rail Wars!
Brynhildr in the Darkness
Strike the Blood
Tokyo Ravens
[close]

Once again going to recommend Glass Reflection reviews on Youtube

"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Rusvul

Quote from: The Skarzs on November 29, 2014, 09:46:11 PM
BURN IT WITH FIRE! BURN IT ALL WITH FIRE!

Okay. Some anime is stupid and bad. I agree. So we burn it all with fire?

You know, some weapons are designed to kill people slowly and painfully. So we should destroy all weapons, is that what you're saying? :P

(Breaking news: Anime has been classed a munition!)

Delthion

Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Rusvul

Seriously. Hate of all anime is just as ridiculous as hate of all video games, or of all movies.

Rainshadow

@Deli-chan:  If you don't like manga or anime, then why are you viewing the thread that specifically says it's devoted to manga and anime?  :P

Mmkay, so I started watching Tokyo Ghoul a couple days ago, even though I haven't finished the manga yet (I'm about a third of the way through, if I remember correctly), and may I just say... WOW.  It's a tad bit hard to follow, as there's a lot of text to read (there's a lot of talking involved, and as there's no dubbed, I'm watching the subbed version), but it's really good.  The manga's hard to follow for all the battle scenes, as there's no colour, so all you see is black and white lines and you have to figure out if it's the character's fist, foot, kagune, or if it's just a sound affect or something.  :P  The anime makes it so much easier to understand what happens when anyone's in a fight, and the kagune are even cooler than they already were, now that I can understand better how they're used.  (Plus the fact that the kagune look beautiful when colour's added.)  Touka's kagune is gorgeous, as is Nishiki's.  ^-^

A bit of warning to anyone thinking about reading/watching Tokyo Ghoul: as it's an anime about ghouls, there's bound to be gore.  Lots of gore.  If that's not your thing, then I suggest you find a different anime to watch, because it's rather bloody.  (Also, the manga has quite a bit of adult language, but I'm not very far into the anime, so I don't know if it shares the language.)

On another note, I started watching Attack on Titan the other day.  I believe I'm ten episodes into that.  Quite an enjoyable anime, even if a lot of it's been spoiled for me, thanks to the internet.  :P  (I really need to learn to stay away from Tumblr blogs that are dedicated to anime I'm going to watch later on.  ::))
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Dannflower Reguba

Hey guys, I made a drastic mistake...... I watched the first episode of Attack on Titan..... Finished the entire first season in roughly 4 days....
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Rainshadow

Quote from: danflorreguba on December 30, 2014, 03:30:34 AM
       Hey guys, I made a drastic mistake...... I watched the first episode of Attack on Titan..... Finished the entire first season in roughly 4 days....

Four days?  Wow.  Lol, I woulda gotten close to your record with probably watching it in a week, but I took a break and am reluctant to start watching again 'cause I'm afraid I won't quit watching till I've finished the season.  :P

Dannflower Reguba

When does season 2 come out! I need mooore!  :D I was really surprised, especially for something so brutal. I conferred with a buddy of mine that watches a lot of anime, and it's one of the two most brutal anime in existence (to the best of my knowledge). Seriously, if you have a problem with blood, do not, I repeat, DO NOT watch Attack on Titan. Otherwise, it's awesome! Other than them trying to sell me some ridiculous plot line tricks so early on, it's really solid.  ::)

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

The Mask

Or if you dont like watching the main characters mums getting eaten than definitely dont watch it.
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

Dannflower Reguba

Spoiler alert.  :P

Lady Ashenwyte

Quote from: Mask on December 23, 2014, 08:12:04 PM
There is this one Anime/Manga that I was looking at that looked pretty good, but I require a second opinion. It's called Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit. Anyone know of it? Is it any good?

My friend did a partner read on the book, said it was boring, but he was not reading it as a comic.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Lady Ashenwyte

Double post revive!! :o  :o

So has anyone seen Kyou Kara Maoh? 31 episodes in and oh my god, the story is more complicated than A Song of Ice and Fire. Okay, it isn't that complicated, but it draws me to it like a magnet draws iron to it.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.