News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Doctor Who (Doo wee wooo)

Started by Edraithel, October 09, 2016, 06:39:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jetthebinturong

He would, but I don't think he should do it. He's too famous to play the Doctor. You need someone who's a relatively small-time actor with no expectations.

Whose Doctor do you prefer, Chris or David?
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

The Skarzs

I like David Tennant. Not sure exactly why, but he portrays the Doctor in a way I like compared to Christopher Eccleson.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

BJaqFan

I SO need a Doctor Who fix!

Family has been using this site to help decide what episodes to watch lately...it's fun!

http://www.thedoctorwhosite.co.uk/timeline/on-this-day/

Krantor the Brutal

I love Doctor Who, such a great series.  My favorite Doctor has to be David Tennant. I haven't seen any Tom Baker one, but I hear he was good.
"Friends, if I advance, follow me! If I retreat, kill me! If I die, avenge me!" - Henri de la Rochejaquelein

Madison

Quote from: Krantor the Brutal on October 06, 2017, 09:11:52 AM
I haven't seen any Tom Baker one, but I hear he was good.

Oh he's brilliant. :) It tends to be the little things with him rather than big explody setpieces. Like in City of Death when they're captured and pushed into a room by the baddie's butler: "What a wonderful butler, he's so violent!" said with a big grin as only Tom can do. :D

I don't mind Tennant and Ecclescake themselves, but I really didn't like the writing of the show at that time. It just wasn't really Doctor Who. Smith onward has been much closer to the source material and I've enjoyed! I honestly think Capaldi is my favourite Doctor. He seems to really get across that quiet respect for everything he sees on his adventures. Going to miss him!

Jetthebinturong

Capaldi has been a fan since the very beginning, so it's no surprise he makes such a fantastic Doctor.

Krantor the Brutal

I like Capaldi, too bad he's regenerating.
"Friends, if I advance, follow me! If I retreat, kill me! If I die, avenge me!" - Henri de la Rochejaquelein

The Skarzs

Too bad all of them regenerate.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Krantor the Brutal

Jetthebinturong

Made a couple of minor edits to my episode rankings. In series 7 I put Asylum of the Daleks in last place where it belongs. I also moved A Town Called Mercy one place up. In series 10, I moved Thin Ice one place up.

The Skarzs

Anyone seen the trailer for the Doctor Who holiday special?
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jetthebinturong

Of course. Well I've seen the first trailer anyway, it dropped a while ago. If there's a new one, then no I haven't seen it. But I make it a policy to only watch one trailer for anything. Don't get spoiled too badly that way.

Looks interesting though. Doctor 12 meets Doctor 1. Looks like it's going to be pretty wild.

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Krantor the Brutal

Jetthebinturong