Empire Rising - OOC and signup thread STILL OPEN PLEASE REPLY FOR DETAILS

Started by Hickory, June 13, 2016, 02:16:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hickory

Thousands of years after the great battles fought by hares and woodlanders, Redwall has expanded globally and has pioneered space travel as a whole. Forming into the Mossflower Republic, they aim for the stars in a new series of colonization attempts, the last of which went horribly wrong.

After receiving a garbled message from a colony which went dark fourty-five years ago, the Republic sends a ship full of military personnel and civilian investigators to find out what happened and why the colony is just now sending a signal...

Yeah, this is a Star Wars-esque RP.

Info:

Technology:

Consumables:
   Bacta, a miracle substance that can heal wounds with minimal scarring. Valuable and very expensive.
Defense:
   Shields, energy fields that can block laser fire when activated. Takes up a lot of power and the battery needs to be recharged after a few minutes of constant shield use.
   Armor, basic protection for all beasts. Can dampen direct blaster hits and slow down shord attacks. Easily available and standard equipment for all Empire military beasts.
Weapons:
   Shords, electrified swords capable of knocking even the most hardy beasts unconscious in seconds. Used by security and meant for more brawny beasts.
   Blasters, the standard weapons. Fires a bolt of energy that takes a few seconds to recharge. Deadly at any range and highly effective against most beasts.
   Lightsabers - powerful melee energy weapons that can shear off appendages in one hit. Powered by rare crystals, and wielded by the High Inquisitor, Emperor, and the Jedi.

Please, keep the maximum of characters to three. We don't want too much confusion.

Needed characters:

Four heroes:

Hero 1

Batlord

Name: Liswell
Species: Otter
Clothing: Liswell usually wears scrubs and a labcoat while on duty. Which seems like all the time. But he doesn't mind. When off duty, he tends towards plain yet functional clothing, the kind that would allow him to snap into action at a moment's notice.
Weapon: Blaster(not that he'd use it unless forced)
Other equipment (Shield, bacta, or armor): General first aid kit(includes one serving of bacta, general painkillers and bandages, burn treatment, and prolly some other stuff I should figure out)
Personality: Liswell is a relatively easygoing otter, always ready with a kind word and an open heart. He's gentle and does his best to be selfless. He aspires to be a model citizen and help whoever he can. This leads him to be a bit of a stickler for rules. If he had a blaster and was staring his worst enemy in the face, he would not be able to pull the trigger. He spends his life saving beasts, and plans to keep it that way.
History: Liswell grew up in the heart of the Mossflower Republic, raised by two loving parents, and dreamed of helping beasts for as long as he can remember. And what better way to help out than to fight for freedom? When he tried signing up for the military and got his first taste of battle, he was absolutely horrified at the atrocities that are committed on the battlefield. He was lost and confused for a while, knowing that otters traditionally held the role of warriors. He'd heard bedtime stories about Skipper, and the Otterqueen, and the Taggerung. But after a little bit of soul-searching, he figured out that he was his own otter, and decided to learn the trade of doctors and field medics, so he could help those fighting for freedom in his own way. He doesn't expect or want to be recognized, but his greatest dream is to help others to.
[close]
Hero 2

[OPEN].
[close]
Hero 3

Sandpaw

Name: Lieutenant Lacy Keen
Species: Rat
Appearance: Lacy is short, and rather slim with dark black fur and yellow eyes. Her large ears keep up a constant movement, and she has an eager look to her, as if she is excited to be doing anything.

Clothing: Lacy wears the standard issue, officers, service uniform for a large mouse, as rats' aren't usually officers, or even soldiers in the Republic army for that matter. However it fits well enough and has a silver cord along the left shoulder that marks her as an administrative officer, and pilot wings above her right pocket. Strapped on her right leg is a pistol holster which looks very new, and well-polished. Every part of the uniform looks well cared for, if a bit small, and Lacy wears it with pride.

Weapon: Low power, blaster pistol.
Other equipment: None

Personality: Lacy is an energetic, smart, logistical thinking individual. She is highly motivated and optimistic, and while she is still a new pilot, and officer fresh out of the academy and flight school she is already showing her capability. Lacy made it very clear she wasn't going to listen to the doubters, and try's her best to fit in with the larger woodlander crowd. She can be a bit overbearing, and somewhat of a know it all at times, which doesn't help her social issues. Should she start messing up in a high risk situation she can get flustered, and sometimes even panic.

History: Lacy grew up with her older brother in a poor neighborhood, the two young rats, from an early age started showing promise. Lacy in particular was seen as far smarter, and more capable then most woodlanders her age. Then, when she was only six her brother and father disappeared, never to be seen again. Her father had been working with an engineering company building ships, and while he didn't make much he had done well to support his little family. Hurt by her husband's disappearance Lacy's mother fell ill and died soon after, leaving the lonely, seven season old ratling on her own. However even in foster care Lacy seemed determined to make the best of things, and help other creatures like herself. At seventeen, with an impressive track record from school and a Youth Military program Lacy entered the Naval Space Academy and graduated with honors at the top of her class two seasons later. She was one of the first rats to do so since the academy allowed vermin species to enter. After a season of pilot's school she graduated that and moved on to take an Administrative position in the hopes of making the world a better place.

Position: Administrative Assistant/Pilot
Other: N/A
[close]
Hero 4

Han Norwood

Name: Marv Yofcke
Species: Shrew
Clothing: Normally wears a heavy jacket over a pale white shirt. Ordinary brown trousers, held up by a thick belt, which he keeps his blasters in. He often has a cap that looks something like this
 Hat
[close]
Weapon (Shord or blaster): Two light blasters.
Other equipment (Shield, bacta, or armor): N/A
Personality: Rather gruff and blunt, Marv tends to take control of situations quickly. He has a very wry sense of humor, and always has a straight face, sometimes making it hard to tell when he is kidding. Marv is careful to follow rules most of the time, but when he sees fit, he doesn't have an issue with breaking them.
History: Born on one of the first colonies that the Mossflower Republic founded, Marv had always wanted to be a captain. As soon as he was old enough, Yofcke enlisted into the military, and quickly rose through the ranks, becoming captain of his own ship. When the Mossflower Republic started looking for people to send to the lost colony, Marv volunteered, offering to provide some veteran experience regardless of his position in the crew.
[close]

Hero 5

Sagetip
[close]

Evil characters:
High Inquisitor (second-in-command)
Groddil.

Name: Vitua Ajenia
Species: Stoat
Clothing: Black hooded robe, black boots, black gloves
Weapon (Shord or blaster): Two Lightsabers
Other equipment (Shield, bacta, or armor): Bacta,
Personality: Very mysterious. Dark, brooding, and with no tolerance for failure. Doesn't like taking prisoners, but prefers just executing them. Cruel, and often tortures others not for information, but for fun.
History: Vitua's history is long and complicated. She was once the daughter of a well known Republic Admiral, but disappeared following mysterious circumstances when he was assassinated. Any records of her since then have disappeared.
[close]

Other characters available:

Generic bad guy trooper

Fatch
Name: Montonius Gray
Species: Ferret
Age: Older (60 years old, if age corresponded to human age)
Clothing: A standard Empire (evil) uniform. The uniform is made of cloth, however, as he is a high ranking general rather than a standard soldier. He wears a pin on his right breast with three golden bars along with several medals.
Appearance: He has shallow cheeks, with very exaggerated jaw bones. This makes his entire face appear thin, gaunt and menacing. He stands very straight due to years of military experience and training. He has a high official sounding voice.
Weapon (Shord or Blaster): A blaster. His main weapon, however, is influence and power. He commands many soldiers
Other Equipment (Shield, Bacta, or armor): He is General in the army and commands the High Inquisitor's ship, along with a crew and a force the size of a small army.
Personality: A soft spoken, intelligent soldier used to being in control. Although he does not yell or speak loudly, his words are often full of venom and danger, causing listeners to hang on every word. He does not care about the lives of his enemies, or his soldiers. His only concern is the campaign.
History: Montonius served in the evil army for years, and finally became too old to be on the front lines. His intelligence and awareness in the field earned him a low ranking leadership position, and he worked up to the top from there. He doesn't know, or care, about his family. Power is the only family he needs.
[close]

Sandpaw
Name: Captain Jade Keen
Species: Rat

Appearance: Tall, well built, he could be considered handsome for a rat, Jade has an imperious look about him. He radiates confidence in his step, and carries the calm, unamused face of a lawyer. His muzzle is long and pointy, his fur a dirty blonde, and his eyes a cold yellow.

Clothing: Jade wears a tight fitting black uniform with very little detail on it. His only decoration is a small silver insignia on his shoulder that marks him as a captain. Tall black boots and a black cap are his only other clothing. However around his waist is a double hip blaster holster, and shord sheath which are attached to a utility belt.

Weapon: Twin high powered blaster pistols, and a shord.

Other equipment: A pair of paw cuffs, some bacta, a small personal energy shield, long rage binoculars with thermal, and a communication device pinned to his left shoulder.

Personality: Brooding, and purposely mysterious Jade keeps himself distant from the other military officers and even the other SP agents. His work seems to be everything to him, and he focusses single mindedly on it. One does not want to disobey or fail Jade as he is the lead interrogator, and one of the High Inquisitors most fear agents. His loyalty to the High Inquisitor and her command staff seems unquestionable, and his devotion, unmatched.

History: Classified: File D-2371
Position: Secret Police Agent

Other: Jade reports directly to the High Inquisitor and her command staff. As one of the head SP agents he commands the small, but highly skilled teams of Agents whose purpose is to root out, and destroy traitors, and on occasion protect vital assets.
[close]

Generic good guy trooper (ask me if you want to be one, there are some special things you need to know first)

Fatch
Name: Dann Jared
Species: Mouse
Age: Young (25 years old, if age corresponded to human age)
Clothing: As a soldier his clothes are often camouflaged to match the surrounding environment. Whatever the situation requires, he will wear.
Appearance: A young happy face, it almost appears that a cheeky smile is plastered on his face. He appears as a foot soldier or a pilot, depending on the situation
Weapon (Shord or Blaster): A specially made blaster that belonged to his father.  Long sleek and silver.
Other Equipment (Shield, Bacta, or armor): He has his own fighter, but other than that, not much.
Personality: A roguish soldier constantly looking for action, but dependable in a pinch. He values his friends highly and is willing to die for his cause. Very loyal to the republic
History: Dann was raised in a wealthy family, and he ran away at a young age (17) to join the Republic's forces. His family's allegiance is unknown and questionable, but Dann is too cheerful to let that get to him, and often visits them. He's spent 7 years in the Republic's army.
[close]

Character sheet:

Name:
Weapon (Shord or blaster)
Other equipment (Shield, bacta, or armor):
Personality:
History:

Comments and/or questions are, as always, greatly appreciated.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Ashleg

What would be a good name for a mouse protagonist?

Hickory

You can go for conventional names or use a star wars name generator.

W0NWILL

I'm def gonna claim a hero.

I'm thinking they'll be a hare or maybe an otter, and I'll make them a field medic of sorts. I haven't played a medic character before, oughta be fun.

Kitsune

Can I claim a hero? Still thinking of a character though.

Groddil

Name: Vitua Ajenia
Species: Stoat
Clothing: Black hooded robe, black boots, black gloves
Weapon (Shord or blaster): Two Lightsabers
Other equipment (Shield, bacta, or armor): Bacta,
Personality: Very mysterious. Dark, brooding, and with no tolerance for failure. Doesn't like taking prisoners, but prefers just executing them. Cruel, and often tortures others not for information, but for fun.
History: Vitua's history is long and complicated. She was once the daughter of a well known Republic Admiral, but disappeared following mysterious circumstances when he was assassinated. Any records of her since then have disappeared.

Hickory

Kitsune

Quote from: Kitsune on June 13, 2016, 02:40:38 AM
Can I claim a hero? Still thinking of a character though.

Never mind, actually. This looks like a cool RP, but I probably won't have the time.

W0NWILL

Name: Liswell
Species: Otter
Clothing: Liswell usually wears scrubs and a labcoat while on duty. Which seems like all the time. But he doesn't mind. When off duty, he tends towards plain yet functional clothing, the kind that would allow him to snap into action at a moment's notice.
Weapon: Blaster(not that he'd use it unless forced)
Other equipment (Shield, bacta, or armor): General first aid kit(includes one serving of bacta, general painkillers and bandages, burn treatment, and prolly some other stuff I should figure out)
Personality: Liswell is a relatively easygoing otter, always ready with a kind word and an open heart. He's gentle and does his best to be selfless. He aspires to be a model citizen and help whoever he can. This leads him to be a bit of a stickler for rules. If he had a blaster and was staring his worst enemy in the face, he would not be able to pull the trigger. He spends his life saving beasts, and plans to keep it that way.
History: Liswell grew up in the heart of the Mossflower Republic, raised by two loving parents, and dreamed of helping beasts for as long as he can remember. And what better way to help out than to fight for freedom? When he tried signing up for the military and got his first taste of battle, he was absolutely horrified at the atrocities that are committed on the battlefield. He was lost and confused for a while, knowing that otters traditionally held the role of warriors. He'd heard bedtime stories about Skipper, and the Otterqueen, and the Taggerung. But after a little bit of soul-searching, he figured out that he was his own otter, and decided to learn the trade of doctors and field medics, so he could help those fighting for freedom in his own way. He doesn't expect or want to be recognized, but his greatest dream is to help others to.

Ashleg

Name: Colshe Settcha
Clothing: Brown hooded sleeveless shirt that's tied in the middle, black shorts, and a bracelet on his right paw.
Weapon (Shord or Blaster): A Shord that's a bit too heavy for him. .
Other Equipment (Shield, Bacta, or armor): Armor that he rarely wears.
Personality: To sum it all up, he's fierce both in loyalness and in battle, but even with his friends is the "Stop having fun" guy.
History: He was trained as a soldier from an early age and raised by different parents than his biological ones. Nothing really tragic happened to him.

Could I also have a generic bad guy?

Fatch of Southsward

Ooo I like the idea! I would like two characters:

One generic good guy trooper / soldier

One generic bad guy trooper / soldier

Perhaps they will rise through the ranks and become more central characters, but I would like to be in the background, at least at the start.

I'll edit in the filled out sheets when I get the chance!

Sheet 1:

Name: Montonius Gray
Species: Ferret
Age: Older (60 years old, if age corresponded to human age)
Clothing: A standard Empire (evil) uniform. The uniform is made of cloth, however, as he is a high ranking general rather than a standard soldier. He wears a pin on his right breast with three golden bars along with several medals.
Appearance: He has shallow cheeks, with very exaggerated jaw bones. This makes his entire face appear thin, gaunt and menacing. He stands very straight due to years of military experience and training. He has a high official sounding voice.
Weapon (Shord or Blaster): A blaster. His main weapon, however, is influence and power. He commands many soldiers
Other Equipment (Shield, Bacta, or armor): He is General in the army and thus has his own ship, along with a crew and a force the size of a small army.
Personality: A soft spoken, intelligent soldier used to being in control. Although he does not yell or speak loudly, his words are often full of venom and danger, causing listeners to hang on every word. He does not care about the lives of his enemies, or his soldiers. His only concern is the campaign.
History: Montonius served in the evil army for years, and finally became too old to be on the front lines. His intelligence and awareness in the field earned him a low ranking leadership position, and he worked up to the top from there. He doesn't know, or care, about his family. Power is the only family he needs.

Sheet 2:

Name: Dann Jared
Age: Young (25 years old, if age corresponded to human age)
Clothing: As a soldier his clothes are often camouflaged to match the surrounding environment. Whatever the situation requires, he will wear.
Appearance: A young happy face, it almost appears that a cheeky smile is plastered on his face. He appears as a foot soldier or a pilot, depending on the situation
Weapon (Shord or Blaster): A specially made blaster that belonged to his father.  Long sleek and silver.
Other Equipment (Shield, Bacta, or armor): He has his own fighter, but other than that, not much.
Personality: A roguish soldier constantly looking for action, but dependable in a pinch. He values his friends highly and is willing to die for his cause. Very loyal to the republic
History: Dann was raised in a wealthy family, and he ran away at a young age (17) to join the Republic's forces. His family's allegiance is unknown and questionable, but Dann is too cheerful to let that get to him, and often visits them. He's spent 7 years in the Republic's army.
~ The best way to pay for a happy moment is to enjoy it ~

Hickory

Hold on.

ONE of the heroes will get to be a Jedi. And it's not me.

So if anyone else wants to be a Jedi, sort it on with Ashleg.

Batlord: Accepted

Fatch: For the good guys: they appear at the very beginning and towards the end. Just keep that in mind.

Fatch of Southsward

So one of my two characters would only be active a little bit?
~ The best way to pay for a happy moment is to enjoy it ~

Hickory

In a way. Not to say they won't be important, they just won't be as front and center as your evil character.

Ashleg

Quote from: Sagetip on June 13, 2016, 03:21:10 AM
Hold on.

ONE of the heroes will get to be a Jedi. And it's not me.

So if anyone else wants to be a Jedi, sort it on with Ashleg.

Batlord: Accepted

Fatch: For the good guys: they appear at the very beginning and towards the end. Just keep that in mind.

Oh.