News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Martin the Warrior's spirit

Started by Jukka the Sling, October 25, 2013, 05:50:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jukka the Sling

Okay, in Marlfox, that Guosim shrew saw Martin's spirit, but nobeast else did. Well, anyway, the point being that, was Martin controlling his spirit? That may sound really weird, but what I mean is, is his conscious self in Dark Forest but some spirit-part of him somehow wanders around, but Martin himself, his actual conscious self, has nothing to do with it? (Because how would he be able to get out of the afterlife?) Or maybe that shrew was having a vision? But he was wide-awake. I guess when Martin appears to a Redwaller in a dream it's really him, but what about that one time in Marlfox? And there may have been another similar incident, but I can't remember exactly.

If that even made any sense...
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Tam and Martin

Hmm... This is rather hard to explain. I think he Is controlling his spirit because, if he wasn't, it could say anything the spirit wanted to. All of Martin is in Dark Forest but maybe he can send visions to the people he chooses. This is a very hard subject to explain but I hope I explained some of it right.

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

The Shade

I'm...not sure. I guess it was Martin, and I think he is able to appear in dreams and visions consciously. That's my opinion anyway.
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Ungatt Trunn

In some of the Redwall books, its said that Martin's spirit watches over Redwall Abbey, its inhabitance and all good creatures in Mossflower. He often sends dreams or visions to the good creatures to give them a hint as to were to go or what to find next. And, in the case of the Gousim shrew, Martin had probably sent  a vision for whatever reason to help the good side. But, before I give a closing statement on the matter, refresh my memory, Jukka: did there seem to be any reason for helping the good side when Martin (supposidly) sent that vision to that Gousim shrew?

Life is too short to rush through it.

Jukka the Sling

Yes, I think he was warning them of a Marlfox attack.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on October 26, 2013, 02:41:13 PM
Yes, I think he was warning them of a Marlfox attack.
How did Martin tell them of a Marlfox attack through that vision?

Jukka the Sling

Um, I think he stopped by a window, then they looked out and saw the bad guys attacking. The shrew was named Bargle, and here's an excerpt from the Redwall Wiki's page about him: "Bargle saw the spirit of Martin the Warrior, who warned Redwallers about the attack of Marlfoxes and their allies." So, yeah. And Martin didn't just stand there, Bargle saw him go up the stairs and down a hall, stopping by a window. But when he and some curious Redwallers (who couldn't see the apparition) got there, Martin was gone.

Shadowed One

Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

redwallgurl

Martins spirit is in Redwall itself, and it usually shows itself to anybeast that needs help or can help the Abbey.
Fun. is a fantastic band.

The Shade

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on October 26, 2013, 04:42:27 PM
Um, I think he stopped by a window, then they looked out and saw the bad guys attacking. The shrew was named Bargle, and here's an excerpt from the Redwall Wiki's page about him: "Bargle saw the spirit of Martin the Warrior, who warned Redwallers about the attack of Marlfoxes and their allies." So, yeah. And Martin didn't just stand there, Bargle saw him go up the stairs and down a hall, stopping by a window. But when he and some curious Redwallers (who couldn't see the apparition) got there, Martin was gone.
Aaah, I remember that. What I find interesting though, is that Martin's spirit doesn't just appear to help redwall. 
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Jukka the Sling

Quote from: The Shade on October 27, 2013, 10:03:52 PM
Aaah, I remember that. What I find interesting though, is that Martin's spirit doesn't just appear to help redwall. 
It doesn't? Oh wait, you mean like when he appears to some questers or something like that?

BadgerLordFiredrake

Seems he's sort of the "good" guiding force.  After all, he was the hero of Redwall back when it was being built, and his spirit maybe lingered afterwards.
baby turtle forever

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on October 28, 2013, 02:37:06 PM
Quote from: The Shade on October 27, 2013, 10:03:52 PM
It doesn't? Oh wait, you mean like when he appears to some questers or something like that?
I don't remember any scene were Martin appeared and didn't really help the creatures that he appeared to. What book was that in?

BadgerLordFiredrake

They're referencing Marlfox, but I don't have it right now...
baby turtle forever

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: BadgerLordFiredrake on October 28, 2013, 03:24:40 PM
They're referencing Marlfox, but I don't have it right now...
When did that happen in Marlfox?