News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Pirates vs. Ninjas

Started by Matthias720, October 14, 2011, 03:09:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you prefer pirates or ninjas?

Pirates
Ninjas
Meh. I don't care

psybox

neither of them can free run, so neither of them are as good as runners.  therefore pirates.  if runner where a choice i'd go with them but...

Dannflower Reguba

A ninja could TOTALLY free-run!
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

psybox

even then i'll still go with pirates, and i'd still go with runner if possible

Dannflor

Yeah that is true Psybox but I like ninjas better
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

psybox

runners are the best free-runners ever!  can ninjas jump from a large building onto a train, break onto a boat, survive a large police filled parking lot, and disarm the white assassin twice? 

Dannflower Reguba

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

MatthiasMan

Ninjas can hide and jump like flabillions of feet.

Dannflower Reguba

Flabillions? I'll have ta' amember thatn'!  :D

MatthiasMan

Skakillions, rillions, extrafillions, bubrillions. You name it. Ninjas can jump forever.

psybox

when the government hired a bunch of ninjas to exterminate the runners, one of the leaders of the anti-runner movement ended up getting kicked off of a skyscraper.

Dannflower Reguba

What in the world are you talking about! Besides. Nowaday ninja's aren't what they used to be... And anyone can kick someone else off a skyscraper.

Bragoon

I disagree, you can get much better, more solid training nowadays. 
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

White One6193

Bah. Tis pirates for me, mate! A ninja, in both the culture of the Shogunate and High Imperial periods, ninja were looked down as cutthroats and cowards. They used fear tactics and psychological warfare to make opponents superstitiously fearful of them. For goodness' sake, even NOBUNAGA ODA thought they were cowardly vermin!

Pirates, on the other hand, had a --- somewhat --- legitimate reason for what they did. Most pirates were privateers, independent contractors given temporary military commission by legitimate governments against foreign powers. Sir Francis Drake was a national hero in England, for all that he stole from the Spanish merchant fleets. America's first real "navy" was a ragtag bunch of pirates hired by Congress with French money to fight the British.  John Paul Jones was a Scotch ship captain who sold his guns to America because he despised the British. (He was Scots, after all!)

Many pirates were people who found their governments oppressive. "Black Bart" left England because he had Methodist leanings, which were not popular in Anglican Britain. Anne Bonney (my 16th great-grandmother) left England because of English mistreatment of the Irish.

Pirates were the first to form their own republic in the Americas. If you were a crewman serving under the flag of the Brethren (a skull with two crossed swords, they were used ficticiously in Pirates of the Carib., as the basis of the Brethren Court) you were guaranteed what amounted to healthcare, a pension, and a cut of the profits on any venture. That was much better than what you got as a swabby even in the British Navy, the finest military unit on the sea.    
"Ride for wrath, ride to ruin, and the world's ending!"- King Theoden

RIP Brian Jacques... ET NOMINE PATRI, ET FILLI, ET SPIRITUS SANCTI, AMEN!

Mit Gott, Fur Koenig, und Die Vadeirlandt!

Bragoon

WhiteOne, my good man, you get better with every post you make.  :P 
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Tiria Wildlough

If I want to go for a cutthroat, I'd rather go for a sneaky, silent cutthroat that a dirty, swearing, drunken one. :P In other words, ninjas are way cooler than pirates.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.