News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Log-a-Log's Role

Started by Krantor the Brutal, November 06, 2017, 01:53:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krantor the Brutal

Have you guys noticed that the term Log-a-Log changed from the ferryman to leader of the Gousim?
"Friends, if I advance, follow me! If I retreat, kill me! If I die, avenge me!" - Henri de la Rochejaquelein

Ashleg

Yeah, in the first book, the leader of the Guosim was...Guosim. :P

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Nadaz, voice of the host

After that longboats change from a minor detail to a major part of their culture
It matters not what you fight, but what you fight for.

The Skarzs

Indeed.
I don't remember if they even were carved out.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Captain Tammo

Wait, the log-a-log wasn't always referred to as log-a-log? I feel like there's something big I'm forgetting here. Can somebody explain a bit more?
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

a crumb

Guosim the shrew was referred to as a President in Redwall. I don't remember exactly how the leadership worked in that book, though. I don't recall Log-a-log being merely the guy's name. He is explicitly leader in Mattimeo, of course - a plot point revolves around his leadership.

As for why she was named the same as the group...I never understood. Does anyone remember if it was stated it was her given name? Or could it be an assumed thing, like Log-a-log?

Krantor the Brutal

In Redwall Log-a-Log, son of Log-a-Log, was just a ferryshrew, a buisness handed down from genereation to generation. As for the name Guosim, maybe it was meant for the same thing...?
"Friends, if I advance, follow me! If I retreat, kill me! If I die, avenge me!" - Henri de la Rochejaquelein

Frank Clydth

Reffering to the book 'Marlflox', log a log was the term used for the leader of the shrews. For instance, Dippler ( a shrew) name changed to 'Log a Log' when he was appointed leader of the shrew, after revenging the death of the former Log a Log.
"Madder than midwinter, stronger than a four-topped oak, temper like lightnin', full 'o the Bloodwrath."- Russa