News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Rosie's Halloween Art Competition!

Started by Rosie Willowwater, October 20, 2019, 03:09:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosie Willowwater

BOO!

Did I scare you? I am sure you have been completely petrified with horror.  ;D

Now that I have you stuck here because of paralyzation, let's talk competitions!

Seeing as Halloween is speeding towards us, it is only fitting to use this event to get those creative juices flowing with a competition!

Theme: The main theme for this contest is Disguise! Your submission does not necessarily need to be specifically related to Halloween with pumpkins and ghosts, but don't be afraid to add a Fall/Halloween atmosphere!

Prizes: Much like the prizes given for Tammo's fan-fiction competitions, the winner will receive a badge for their signature!

Deadline: The competition will be open from now until midnight on November 8th, though it may be shortened if it is agreed that all those who are interested to participate have entered.

Judging: This task will likely be done by myself, but we might have a surprise guest appearance of the amazing Dan ;D

Entering: To enter, post your submission into your art thread, mentioning me in that post, OR post a new thread with the phrase [Rosie's Halloween Art Competition] tagged on at the end. Don't forget to keep the rules of the forum in mind while creating your piece as well! Anything gory, graphic, or violent will not be accepted.

And of course, if you have any questions, feel free to post them here or PM me!

Ready? Set? Go!!

Kreg

Quote from: Rosie Willowwater on October 20, 2019, 03:09:30 AM
BOO!

AHHHHHH
I'll try it out! It might not be the best art but I'll try! And don't be biased!:P
You can't spell low IQ without a lot of boogaly (boo-ga-lee)

Come To My Shop!

OooooOOooo, shiny!

One-Eye the wildcat

"What will become of us? Where will we go, we who wander this vast wasteland in search of our better selves?"

"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. I'm an agent of chaos."
Long live the RRR!!

Captain Tammo

I know I can't technically compete - but I still really want to make something so I'm going to throw my hat in the ring ;D
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Rosie Willowwater

Sounds good!  ;D

*furiously scribbles Tammo's name off of the judging list*

The Grey Coincidence

Profile by the wonderful Vizon.

Also, behold this shiny medal! How I got it is a secret...

Also, also, I am running fanfic conteeeeeests!

Rosie Willowwater

Reminder that there is only one week left before the deadline!

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Lookz loike tiz tae laate fer me tae pozt anyzin', alzough Ah 'oneztly dinnae e'en 'ave enough toime fer viz final zemezter zin'z chargin' tovardz me gettin' nearer und nearer.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Rosie Willowwater

Sorry about how long the judging is taking! This week has been extremely busy for me but I we will try to get the announcement up soon!

Thanks to everyone who took the time to participate! And for those that wanted to but weren't able, we'll be happy to host another one of these soon!

Rosie Willowwater

*Climbs out of my dusty coffin*

That was a pretty long power nap...

Regardless, the results are in and we have a winner for this competition!

Here are the submissions:
Skarzs:
Spoiler
[close]
Kreg:
Spoiler
[close]
Grey:
Spoiler
[close]

Drum-roll please...

Spoiler
And the winner is: Skarzs for his unsettling submission!

Here is your prize!:
If you want bigger or smaller Skarzs, feel free to ask :)
[close]

Thank you to everyone who participated! To be honest though, I think the prize should go to all of you for being so patient with me ;D

Hopefully we will be able to host another competition soon! I loved getting to see all of your amazing artwork.

Captain Tammo

Great job, @The Skarzs ! That picture is absolutely amazing! Nice job with the lighting, too.
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.