News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Star Wars discussion

Started by blindsimeonjtp, October 07, 2012, 03:33:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Gryphon

In the sense of "Is it canon that Jar Jar is a Sith/Dark Side force user", I don't think so. There's still technically a chance that Disney could turn everyone's world upside down and reveal that Snoke is Jar Jar, but I admit that it isn't likely, and from the films alone there isn't enough solid evidence to make that conclusion.

In the sense of "This is what George Lucas intended before he got cold feet", though, I think it's quite possible. The theory speaks for itself in that regard, and there have been some cryptic statements by people (like Jar Jar actor Ahmed Best) that add further weight to the theory.
« Subject to editing »

Jetthebinturong

Agreed. I don't think it's canon, but I do think Lucas intended it to be.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Jukka the Sling

I always assumed Ahmed Best's comments were just him joking around and playing along with a ridiculous theory.  As crazy as some of Lucas's ideas are, I just can't really see him making an odd-looking fish creature a Sith mastermind... I mean, Palpatine was always the Sith Lord.  What purpose would Jar Jar have served?  (Unless he filled what later became Maul's role...)
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

James Gryphon

He made a muppet the Jedi master. ;) (Okay, technically speaking Yoda was not a muppet or even a Creature, not being made by the Henson company, but it's a popular misconception due to Frank Oz' involvement with the character.)

If you read the theory all the way through, I think it covers that; the idea is that Jar Jar filled a slot in AOTC that was later given to Dooku after Lucas backed off of the idea, and Lumpawarroo actually proposed out that Jar Jar was potentially himself the supreme Dark Lord and Palpatine was an apprentice. I'm not sure whether I buy that, but either way he would have been a substantial part of it.
« Subject to editing »

Jukka the Sling

Oh, okay.  I haven't read the whole post in a while.

Still seems like a pretty wild conspiracy theory to me.  Guess anything's possible, though. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Krantor the Brutal

Anything is possible with Disney leading the boat.
"Friends, if I advance, follow me! If I retreat, kill me! If I die, avenge me!" - Henri de la Rochejaquelein

Jukka the Sling

^ Pretty much.  Except for Darth Jar Jar.  They'd lose a ton of fans if they actually made him a Sith now. :P  (Not to mention that this entire theory is extremely unlikely to be true.  I mean, it forces you to assume that George Lucas was a genius who was planting very subtle hints all throughout TPM about Jar Jar's true Sith identity - hints so subtle that barely anyone noticed for years.  It's just... too farfetched, in my opinion.)

Anyway, a lot of what Disney is doing with Star Wars is already wrecking it, from what I hear.  I won't touch the newest novels because they're injecting inappropriate content into them.  Plus the writing and plots of some of them aren't that great, judging from reviews.

I have been reading some of the new comic books online, though.  Anyone read any of those?  I just finished the newest Darth Vader issue (#6), and I was absolutely shocked to discover that in the new canon, Jocasta Nu survived Order 66! :o

Krantor the Brutal

What I'm upset about is that Disney is making the sequel trilogy, it means all the reading I've done is no longer cannon.
"Friends, if I advance, follow me! If I retreat, kill me! If I die, avenge me!" - Henri de la Rochejaquelein

Jukka the Sling

:-\  I'm sorry.  How much have you read of the old canon?

EDIT:  GUYS!  The Last Jedi trailer is gonna be released tomorrow!!!

Jukka the Sling

IT'S HERE

I SAW IT TWO MINUTES AFTER IT WAS UPLOADED

a crumb

first: i have a million questions

second: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Jukka the Sling

IKR

THAT LAST SCENE WITH REY AND KYLO THOUGH

I KNOW ALL THE TUMBLR SHIPPERS MUST BE FREAKING OUT OVER THAT RIGHT NOW

BJaqFan

LOVE the trailer!  Is it December yet?

Hickory

I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

The Skarzs

Y'all just need to chill and learn some patience.
Like, you're so impatient that you have to try to figure out what the movie is about before it's even out.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.