Lord of the Rings
The Chronicles of Narnia
The Book Thief
Harry Potter
Percy Jackson
:D
And many many more...

Osu

Ooh I finally got my hands on this book a little while ago! I haven't had a chance to read it yet, though - been watching too many scary movies, haha. I must say the illustration on the cover is awesomely creepy.  8)
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Nightfire

The Ribbajack itself is weird.  ::) Not that scary. The evil little boy that commands it is more fearsome!
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

BadgerLordFiredrake

baby turtle forever

eualaia

thiz book iznae zcary :(   
wolves will slay whoever they want to.....*growl* "AGHH''

Bragoon

I tend to agree, the stories themselves aren't really scary.  I think it's meant more to be a story that could be scary if you stop and think about it for a while, and think about all the ways it could have turn out, or how something like that could affect you.

When it comes right down to it, I'm not sure Mr. Jacques could have written a truly scary story even if he had wanted to.   Not a bad thing, in my opinion, since one's writing reflects his character and personality.

I'm only about halfway through right now, but I really like The All-Ireland Champion vs. the Nye Add.  I liked the accent in which he wrote it, the way he tells it in a rambling, almost aimless manner, and the little bit at the end about Mickey Hennessy.
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

BadgerLordFiredrake

Quote from: Bragoon on January 19, 2012, 12:35:35 AM
I tend to agree, the stories themselves aren't really scary.  I think it's meant more to be a story that could be scary if you stop and think about it for a while, and think about all the ways it could have turn out, or how something like that could affect you.

When it comes right down to it, I'm not sure Mr. Jacques could have written a truly scary story even if he had wanted to.   Not a bad thing, in my opinion, since one's writing reflects his character and personality.

I'm only about halfway through right now, but I really like The All-Ireland Champion vs. the Nye Add.  I liked the accent in which he wrote it, the way he tells it in a rambling, almost aimless manner, and the little bit at the end about Mickey Hennessy.
True.  Too true.
baby turtle forever

White One6193

The mongoose in "Malabar Sailor" is awesome.

I wish he'd had time to put a mongoose in a Redwall story. I'd imagine the villain'd be a snake, naturally.
"Ride for wrath, ride to ruin, and the world's ending!"- King Theoden

RIP Brian Jacques... ET NOMINE PATRI, ET FILLI, ET SPIRITUS SANCTI, AMEN!

Mit Gott, Fur Koenig, und Die Vadeirlandt!

Bragoon

I would guess a mongoose would be a vermin, though, since it's a lot like a weasel or a ferret.
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

eualaia

it could kill ol' poisonteeth
wolves will slay whoever they want to.....*growl* "AGHH''

Nightfire

I don't think a mongoose would have been a vermin. The Medusa story wwas weird. But I loved the All-Ireland Champion vs. The Nye Add, because of how funny it was. And I LOVED the Malabar Sailor one.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Mad Maudie

i'm thinking about getting it from the library and i looked it up the cover was creepy so what is it about?
Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

Bragoon

It's a compilation of stories.  It has one ghost story, and the rest are more like fables (stories that are meant to teach a lesson).  The cover is of one of the fables, The Ribbajack, which isn't all that scary.  

brocka

It is creepy scary. Also humorous scary. Kinda makes you wonder if everything you perceive through the senses is all there is??? I'm sure you will be reminded of strange events in your life when you read these tales.

redwallgurl

I'm reading that book right now NAND my favorite is the ribbajack I love the reverend. I think I'm up to the end of the battle of the nye add.
Fun. is a fantastic band.