News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

A Winter to Freeze Your Heart RP

Started by Unimaginative, October 20, 2013, 12:31:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you wish to join the Purple Unicorn Army of Brazil, led by me?

Yes
No

Unimaginative

The signup is (Don't know how to link it. Dx.) http://redwallabbey.com/forum/index.php?topic=4992.0 Also, I'm open to a suggestion for a better name. Mine is stunningly bad.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PLOT: A horde of vermin from the North (Arctic Foxes, Ermines. "Vermin" creatures of the North), has heard about Redwall Abbey, and led by the cruel Grund Strongblade (Arctic Fox.) wish to capture it. Meanwhile, a crew of searats march on Salamandrastron. (This roleplay will, hopefully, require some riddle solving skills. Also, it would be great if someone played as Grund Strongblade, though it is not necessary.)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Once built a steamboat in a meadow
Cos I'd forgotten how to sail" - The Gardener , The Tallest Man on Earth

Unimaginative

OOC: Tell me if this is any good, it's my first roleplay post.
BIC:The hooded fox stared up at the abbey. He had heard tales of it through his brothers cruel horde, and had imagined coming here many times. And here he was. If the stories were proved to be true, the creatures of the abbey would be kind, and allow him a place to stay for a time. In return, he would warn them of the vermin horde, and battle along side Redwallers when they arrived. Smiling, the fox walked up the gate, and knocked on it, careful to keep his twin rapiers hidden beneath his robe.

Faiyloe

A dark gray squirrel sat in the gate house reading a book. It was one of her favorite places so quiet and peace full no beast to bother you with any number of books you could get lost in. Her name was Kawalan Vatra. She heard the knock on the front gate and sighed she knew she should get that but she was just reach the good part. After debating with her self for a minute whether or not she should get the door, she snapped the book shut, got up and left the gate house. Book still in her paw. She opened the front gate a little but what she saw surprised her. It was a fox. Her brow furrowed.

"What do you want?" She said rather abruptly.           
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Unimaginative

"Shelter" replied Hail. "I 'ave traveled far. From the Northlands." He studied the squirrel carefully. She had a distinctive streak running between her eyes, and was clearly annoyed to have been disturbed. Hail decided to see if he could manage to convince her to let him in by hinting that he could help the abbey. "If it 'elps, I 'ave some news that could mean life or death for the creatures inside these walls." He had a distinctive accent, which caused him to roll his R's.

Blaggut

Grund sat in his tent, eating a roasted pheasant. He commanded his scout captain over. "take ova' two scouts wif' ya. See what that brudder o' mine is doin."

~Just a soft space boi~

rachel25

Jantar stood just outside of Grund's tent. She jumped back and hide behind a near tree, when the scout captain came out. She checked her bag of feathers, herbs, and potions. She was after all meant to be a seer. But she only used it to her own ends.
"I basically run this horde, and then here he is making desitions without asking my counsel. He should have consulted me first."  Jantar muttered to herself as she made her way back to her tent.

PoisonOakpaw

Hello this is my first post on here ever so please bear with me.  Can I play with you?  If so I will be PoisonOakpaw.  What type of animal do you guys want me to be?  I was thinking squirrel, mole or mouse.  I hope you are all doing great and I am excited to play with you all.   

rachel25

OOC: Oh I'm so sorry Posion I forgot to tell you to go to the OOC discussion board. I'm so sorry, you'll find the sign up topic there  :)

Jetthebinturong

Kogane was practicing his skill on some wooden stakes which he had "borrowed" from the Moles of the Abbey. Nine stakes were driven into the earth in a circle around him with another stake balanced across the top of each pair, the ninth stake stood on it's own between two pairs. Kogane held both of his blades down by his sides, his head bowed. He snapped his head and swords up, knocking the crossbars from their perches, he tossed his swords up and caught them in the opposite hands. Swinging them both up he chopped the crossbars neatly in half, he followed the swing through, bringing his swords down to slice through the middles of the four driven into the ground. He whipped around and slammed the flats of his blades onto the over hanging edges of the middle stakes, catapulting them into the air. He swung the blades in a wide circle, chopping the standing four in half. The two he had thrown landed point first in front of him, he kicked them up again and using the same technique as before sliced them in half,  he leaped up, turning in the air as he did so and brought his katana down, slicing the remaining stake vertically in half. He tossed the blades back over, caught them in the opposite hands and sheathed them.
"Well done Kogane-kun, very well done"
Kogane bowed to Zhuangjia De, the Pangolin who had been watching "Arigato sensei Zhuang"
"You are very much welcome my apprentice, that was a near perfect performance, though one or two of those slices were inaccurate"
Kogane bowed his head "If I was perfect there would be no point in training sensei"
"Well said Kogane, well said"
Kogane nodded in acknowledgement
"So Kogane, why are you up and training so early?"
"I couldn't sleep, I was thinking of Hakaan"
"Your homeland is a beautiful place, we shall return soon, do not worry"
"You miss-understand me sensei, I do not mourn for it, I merely think"
"Very well, what say you we go and get breakfast?"
"I would like that sensei, I am feeling rather hungry"
The Pangolin and his apprentice made their way across the grounds to the Abbey

OOC: Apparently this doesn't accept accents on words, so it my apologies for the incorrect "Arigato"
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

The Shade

Kartaka the wolverine stumbled at the back of Grunds horde. The huge beast had been trailing the artic fox's army for weeks, and finally he had caught up with it, mainly by chance, as he was a terrible tracker. He studied the creatures that were in front of him, either cooking their food or simply resting. Where was the leader? He squinted at the tents, and spotted an extra large one. Naturally that should be the most important beast's tent. He lumbed towards it. He had heard the fox would pay a good price for his brother, and he wanted that reward. This was a harsh winter, and he could do with whatever came to paw.  He pulled back the entrance flap and stepped in. Yes, here was a fox. He was eating some sort of fowl. Kartaka decided to get straight to the point.

"So, I hear yer after yer brother. Tell me, how much would yew pay tur bring him back, dead or alive?
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Faiyloe

Vatra looked the fox up and down. he sounded like he was telling the truth but he was a fox and all foxes were known trickster. even so the abbey always helped those in need and this best hadn't done anything, at least not yet.

"You wait here," She said. She closed and locked the gate and then went to find the Abbess.

OOC: Is any one else going to play the Abbess (or Abbot)? 

Jetthebinturong

As Zu and Kogane were passing the gate they saw Vatra close the gate on someone and walk off, Kogane hailed her "Vatra-san, who was that?"
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Unimaginative

Hail stood idly, looking at the forest carefully. He knew that his brother was hunting him, and had fled the Northlands to escape his rage. Hail frowned though. By showing up at the Abbey, he was putting the creatures inside in more danger then they were already. If Grund were to discover that they'd been sheltering him, they would likely all be killed, or used as slaves. He called to his traveling companion, who had been looking for signs of his Brothers Horde in the forest. "Oi, Yater. 'Ave ya found any signs of foe beasts?"
OOC: I may play abbot/abbes if no one else does.

Cornflower MM

OOC: Arya is no stranger to either Redwall or Salamandastron

BIC: Arya started knocking on the Abbey door, rather frantically! She had seen a horde, near Salamandastron-she thought that they might want to know and then maybe send help or a message!

Faiyloe

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on October 23, 2013, 12:48:58 AM
As Zu and Kogane were passing the gate they saw Vatra let someone in and walk off, Kogane hailed her "Vatra-san, who is that?"

OOC: I didn't let him in he is still outside.

@Cornflower: which gate is she at cuz the Fox is out side the front gate.

BIC: "There is a fox out side he said he has important information. I was going to get the Abbess,"  Vatra said