Faiyloe (Tarna) vs. Redwaller (Regdab Wahala)

Started by BrookSkimmer, November 04, 2013, 05:36:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrookSkimmer

This duel is not for use in the roulette at this point. The participants want to complete their duel.

Redwaller

Regdab and his two friends Lolla and Tirlon the young otter couple were trekking lightly on after a good night's sleep; they had been going on for a few hours now, with no sign of life around them except for a few wood pigeons cooing in the tree canopy. They were coming up a mound, with Tirlon a little way ahead, when he came bowling down, "I've found a clearing up ahead where we could rest a bit and take a bite of lunch!" The other two hurried their pace as the clearing soon came in sight: It was a small grassy mound, with large jagged rocks dispersed about it. A maple giant stood in the center of all, straight and proud. Massive, black clouds had been hanging in the sky since early morning, and now a freshening wind was blowing the tree-tops with vigour. Regdab sat on a rock next to the tree, opening his knapsack he took out a large mushroom and carrot pasty, and took a bite. "If the weather holds like this for a few hours, we should be able to reach shelter before the big drop." Lolla and Tirlon were bustling each other about as they ate their food. A large bird screeched high in the air, lost in the clouds.

Faiyloe

They were being watched. Ever since they had entered this part of the woodlands Tarna and her band had been watching them. Now she had them right where she wanted them. As an ex-member of the Gawtrybe she knew how to deal with strangers. The bird call that Regdab thought he was hearing was no bird call it was a signal. In seconds the clearing was surrounded by squirrels all wearing face paint with feathers tucked behind their ears or tide around their tails. Tarna jumped to the ground in front of Regdab and said.

"This is our land. If you wish to pass, Stripedog, you must pay!" there was a chorus of titters and giggles from the squirrels along with some shouts of agreement. She brought the but of her spear down hard on the earth and the squirrels were silenced. The wind played with her fur making the feathers dance about her face and the smell of a storm was in the air.         
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Redwaller

Regdab continued on chewing slowly on his pasty as he watched the squirrel with plain eyes; he spat a piece of bark that had fallen on his food with measured speed. He closed his knapsack and put it on the ground next to him. Then he slowly got up, exposing his sheer height and slowly drawing his two claymores. "We go where we want, and nobeast stops us when we decide to go there." His eyes narrowed to thin slits as he slowly brought the claymores in front of him. The two otters had retreated to his side and had drawn their javelins as they positioned themselves for a fight.

A cold silence had settled down upon the two opposing camps, with only a few drops of rain pattering softly on the rocks all around the clearing. A woodpigeon departed from the trees with an uproar of leaves and feathers. The wind blew in the leaves, and ruffled the fur of everybeast as they slowly prepared for battle.

Faiyloe

Tarna used her spear to propel her self up on to a rock so that she was level with the badger. " No one threatens me Stripedog" She said staring him in the eyes barely blinking when a drop of rain pinged off her nose.

The Squirrels began to chant "Fight, fight, fight, fight!" It began quietly but got louder. They stomped there feet on the ground and banged their spears together. "Fight, fight, fight, fight, fight!"

Redwaller

Tirlon sent a javelin sailing through the air, catching one of the squirrels in the throat, this set the squirrels into a berserk state. Now the rain was starting to fall more heavily, wetting everybeast. Tirlon and Lolla were getting restless as they grabbed their javelins tighter, waiting for Regdab to act. The badger spoke the words the otters were waiting for, "I am Regdab Wahala, son of the tribe leader of the great Badger Tribes of the North. I have spoken, prepare to die!" The two otters launched themselves in the fray as the eyes of Wahala started to cloud over with a red mist. With one mighty swipe of his two claymores, he tried to catch Tarna on her right side.

Faiyloe

Tarna slid down from the rock. Jabbing at Regdabs middle with her spear. She was the daughter of a Gawtrybe chef and if there was one thing she learned it was never let another creature push you around. That was why she had got kicked out of the Gawtrybe in the first place.  

BrookSkimmer

Redwaller

The  spear came at him with speed, and he barely had time to swipe with one of his claymores to deviate it. It still slightly grazed his thigh, and he winced slightly. She's harder than I thought. But I'll still get her!
Raindrops fell into his eyes, and he blinked rapidly to get rid of them. Grabbing his claymores tighter , he fell back a pace and watched his two friends for a second; Tirlon was managing well, and he had already gotten rid of a few, but Lolla was struggling with a large squirrel and was being pushed back. Regdab refocused on his opponent. She seemed to be slightly panting, but maybe he was mistaking. He fainted putting down his swords, and suddenly bounded at his foe, swinging his claymores in a low chop at the legs. Time seemed to slow as he bent to achieve his maneuver, and he could clearly see drops of rain standing on Tarna's fur like little shimmering stars as he closed in.

Faiyloe

Tarnas eyes grew wide The rain hitting her face and making the face paint bleed down her cheek leaving red and blue paint mingling in to streaks of purple. She had been caught unprepared  But Tarna was anything if not quick. She jumped backwareds and up but the clamor nicked her foot paw. She rammed her spear point first in the damp earth and used it to lever her self up in to the air glittering purple red and blue water droplets flying from her fur she brought her foot paw in front of her aiming to kick the badger in the stomach. 

Redwaller

Regdab grabbed Tarna's footpaw and threw her up in the air. She thinks she can measure herself in strength with me. She'll need to do more than be strong to beat me! He turned around to cleave a squirrel's head off. Lolla and Tirlon were now back to back, fighting the ever coming band of squirrels. The storm seemed to be abating for a moment, and the atmosphere became crystal clear as he saw a spear launch from the trees and fly into Tirlon's neck. The otter fell down on his knees and he looked up as Regdab gave a mighty shout : "Eulaliaaaaaaaaa!!!" The last thing he saw clearly was Tirlon's body slump down to the ground. Red mist started clouding his view, obscuring everything except his target : Tarna!  He charged at her, still shouting, and started whirling his claymores at her. The storm was now at it's fullest, the raindrops falling so hard it reduced visibility to the lowest.

Faiyloe

Tarna flew threw the air and grabbed hold of a branch of the oak tree and swung her self up. The rain came down in turrets collecting on the leaves of the great oak and plopping down in great drops on to Tarna soaking her fur the damp feathers clinging to the side of her face. The Great badgers eyes turned red sparkling like rubes in the rain. Rain pinged of the sword blades as they whizzed threw the air sending droplets of water flying. Regdab was mad but Tarna was fast no beast could catch her not even one with bloodwrath. She jumped up to the next branch so that he took out his wrath on the tree branch in stead of her. She took out her blow dart and compensating for the rain she aimed for the badgers head. She then darted back farther in to the tree.  

OOC: The dart would have a painful numbing affect like pins and needles but it is not deadly but to many of them could be.