News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Is Redwall as Safe as they Say it is? Roleplay thread v.2.0!

Started by Ashleg, February 12, 2016, 11:58:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Groddil

OOC: Saltooth hasnt seen One-Ear. He wasn't at Redwall, and when he fought Redfang, they were pretty far from the ship.

BIC:
One-Ear raised a paw.
"Nah, matey, y'misunderstand me. Cappy called me in for a little "chat," and I saw the medicine when I was inside. Anyway, be careful around that one, illness'll no doubt make 'im crueler! Hmm, 'ee actually said to be back there by now, I'd best 'urry."
The young fox left Jetfur and strode towards the deck stairs, giving secret whispers to the crewbeasts sitted at the oars. One-Ear emerged on to the deck near Saltooth.
"Fine evenin', ain't it messmate?"

Hickory

Jetfur shook his head in ridicule. Idiot, if he was smart than he would've realized that Jetfur was the one who had saved the Captain's life from mutinous crew members. But wait... Rapshade had made that announcement to everybeast. He'd even executed the traitor's who'd done it. How could the fox have missed that? Jetfur scratched his head as he went back to his cabin. Looking out the window, he glanced longingly at the open ocean, glittering in the sunlight. Just a little bit longer.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

LT Sandpaw

OOC: @Groddil, I specifically mentioned in my post that Saltooth had never seen One-ear before. So there is no concern there.

BIC:

"Aye, who'er ye again? Stinktail, Sharkear or somthin'." Saltooth crossed his arms staring at the fox. He wasn't familiar, yet he was. No Saltooth was sure he had never met the fox. Shrugging that off the rat scratched absentmindedly at the tattoo on his cheek.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Groddil

"Aye, Sharkear's the name, I was a mate o' that scummy stoat Redfang. Lost this ear to one, but you should see 'ow he ended up! Anyway, did ye hear me talkin' to Jetfur? I was in Rapshade's cabin talkin' with i'm, when I saw some medicine. 'Ee was coughin' up lungs, told me t'get out then calls for 'is healer. 'Ee says stuff like 'gettin' worse', an' 'feel so weak', so I thinks ee's gettin' closer to Hellgates every day."

Ashleg

OOC-
Wait for mmmeee! :P
IC-
"I'd sooner die 'n jump overboard," Fang remarked as he hopped onto the ship a while after One-Ear was out of sight. After quickly glancing around, the rat spotted Rapshade over by the wheel, looking rather nervous.
He had to do a lot to refrain from saying something like "I'm glad to see you" or something like that. I haveta scare him...But how?
He snuck up behind the ferret.
"Cap'n, I'm back."

Rapshade yelped and whirled around, pressing into the wheel. He scowled when he realized it was Fangfang.
"Where were ye, you stupid rat?! Y' almost gave me a heart attack, y'know that?" The ferret trailed off, shaking his head.
"I'm a ghost, Cap'n," Fang said.
Rapshade narrowed his eyes and reached out a paw to tap Fang on the shoulder. He sneered. "You're no ghost. I thought we'd settled that? Whatever. Get with th' rest of th' crew, an' get rowing." He gave Fang a sharp kick to get him going in the right direction, and the rat stumbled down the stairs. He raced up to One-Ear when he saw him, whispering in his ear.

"Mate, th' ghost thing was a bust."

Groddil

One-Ear's eyes went wide with shock. His brain raced, before giving the rat a rough shove.
"Yew again, I thought I told yew t'get away from me! Damn rat, followin' a beast around!"
One-Ear quickly whispered to Fangfang as he pushed him away.
"I'm only bluffing, get back to the boats, tell 'em to start the attack."
The young fox scoffed at Fangfang before turning back to Saltooth.
"Yeah, 'ee's definitely about to kick the bucket, I think. Someone outta take over, a fine beast such as yerself'd be perfect f'the job!"

Down in the oardecks, word was spreading like wildfire. Vermin whispered to their benchmates, and in short time, the entire crew knew of Rapshade's illness. One weasel stood up and faced Jetfur.
"Eh, Jetty, why are we rowing oars for a dead ferret? Why don't we take over the ship? Do what we want, go kill them woodlanders that scared 'im inta running with our tails between our legs!"

Ashleg

OOC-
Most of the crew still has to be on his side. Otherwise it's just gonna be "gang up on Rapshade day"...Aka an easy victory, so no fun.  ;) :P
IC-
Fangfang yelped, looking surprised and hurt all at the same time. He was used to getting pushed around like that, but hadn't expected it to come from One-Ear. He smirked when the fox told him he was faking it.
"Right, mate, gotcha. I'll go tell 'em now." He raced back up the stairs, and being as scrawny as he was it wasn't hard to slip over to the edge of the deck unnoticed.
He peered down, waving frantically at the animals in the boats to come up.

--

Duncan glanced at Bracklew. "I hope this goes well. Come on."

Groddil

OOC: I know, its just to give an edge because they'll all be distracted. When it comes to it, they'll still side with Rapshade rather than the woodlanders anyway.

BIC: Mortembell nodded at Fang. She gripped her sword between her teeth and grabbed the rope. The vixen vaulted the rail, handing a dagger to Fangfang, and twirled the sword.
"Let's get 'im, Fang."

One-Ear saw his mother board the ship and shook his head.
"Sorry, mate, but me name ain't Sharkear. It's One-Ear, and scum like you shouldn't be allowed to live. We're killing every last one of you."
The fox drew his katana and prodded Saltooth.
"Draw your blade. Fight me like a warrior."

Ashleg

Fang glanced at the dagger, grinning awkwardly.
"Er, umm...Can't we jus' talk to 'im first?"
Duncan and Chrysanthe hopped over the railing. Chrysanthe twirled her sword, smirking when she noticed Rapshade spin around to face them, looking scared and confused.
"We're here for you, pirate scum!" The shrew called out. "Now's your time for a head start. Get ready!"

Rapshade drew his sabre and darted to the stairs that led down to the slave quarters, yelling down to his crew, "Stop rowin' and draw yer weapons! We're under attack!"
Vadoma was the first to get up. She aimed a hard shove at One-Ear before pulling out a dagger and sprinting up the stairs.
"You'd better fight hard, Swifty. Else I'll have to kill you myself." she muttered.

Groddil

Mortembell brushed off the rat.
"Sure, whatever. I'm goin' after that fox."
The vixen noticed Vadoma push past her son and moved to intercept. She stood in front of Rapshade's healer.
"End o' the line, Vadoma."
Mortembell swung her sword in a wide arc, hoping to catch Vadoma off guard.

OOC: I'm saying that Vadoma and Mortembell knew each other back before all this started, when Threeclaw was part of Rapshade's horde and that.

Ashleg

OOC-
Okay, that's fine.
Oh, and since all of this is starting, remember not to powerplay/kill other peoples' characters without their permission, everybeast! Even though I don't think you guys would. ;)
IC-
Vadoma brought her own blade up, and the sound of clinking metal echoed around the ship.
"Mortembell!" She spat, eyes glittering. "Never thought I'd see you again. How's the husband?" The gray-furred vixen feinted a blow at her quarry's chest while she said that, instead aiming for her leg.

Groddil

"You are dead, Vadoma, do you hear me? DEAD! At least I HAD a husband, nobeast would every love something like you!"
Mortembell flicked her sword downwards, blocking Vadoma's strike.
"Hah! I used the same thing to get rid of Rapshade, fool! Do you think I would fall for my own trick?"
The vixen stabbed the sword forwards towards Vadoma's neck.

Ashleg

"Are you blind, Mortembell?" Vadoma sneered. "I'm as alive as one can be!" She ducked to the side when Mortembell lashed out towards her neck, grinning and kicking out with her hind paws to try and get the other vixen to stumble.
Then she aimed to cut the fox just under the ear.

--

Chrysanthe noticed Rapshade starting to back off and tugged on Duncan's sleeve, but the hare shook his head and grimaced. "I'll go after him, don't you worry. But I have to make sure Bracklew gets up here first."
"Fine, Duncan. I'll try to wear him out." Log-a-Log saluted and then took off after the ferret.

Groddil

Mortembell's free paw shot up, but just half a second too late. The tip of her ear was nicked by the blade that she had shoved upwards.
"Oh look, Vadoma, you made me just like my son."
The vixen tightened her grip on Vadoma's wrist and pushed it backwards, forcing her enemy closer to the rail. In such close proximity, the sword would be useless, but she could still break Vadoma's paw!

Ashleg

OOC-
Woah,, woah, woah, I'm gonna slow it down a bit. That escalated too fast.
IC-
Vadoma dug her claws into the wood of the deck to create resistance, then yanked her arm free of Mortembell's grasp. She laughed tauntingly and waved a paw at Mortembell before moving back in the middle of the deck, waggling her tail.
"Hmm, Mortembell, the more I look at you the more you DO look like your little creep of a son! Ahaha."