News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The Quest for Romance: Land

Started by Rainshadow, October 27, 2012, 05:27:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrookSkimmer

It's pretty obvious to me when she's too shy to talk...which is most of the time.'

Rikkendo laughed lightly and reached up for an apple as they entered the orchard. It was a fine day, the air smelling sweet of ripened fruit.

"Well, perhaps an apple for your thoughts then Tia?"

Just then a robin flew into view. It was a beast they had seen around the Abbey before. A red breasted fellow named Charrup. Usually the robin would sell them information with food. He only came by when something of interest was going on.

"Well, maybe an apple for Charrup's thoughts as well. Let's go see what he's doing here!"

Rainshadow

Avalanche heard a bit a chirp coming from the orchard.  Seeing a robin talking to some other beasts he turned to the badger, saying, "Well, g'day, marm, I'm gonna go see wot that's about."
  He ran over to the orchard, leaping over anything that was in his way.  This included rocks, bushes, and even small Dibbuns.  Coming into the orchard, Avalanche bowed slightly to the robin.
  "G'day, 'ow are ye farin', friend?"
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

redwallgurl

"Featherwood, a nice name," she said smiling brightly. Closing the dooor behind Featherwood she asked,"Are you hungry? It looks you've been wandering for a while. I'll show you to the kitchens."
Fun. is a fantastic band.

W0NWILL

Quote from: BrookSkimmer on October 30, 2012, 04:48:40 PM
OOC: Will post here as Churrup and others... just waiting to see what Wonwill wants to do with Phillum...  ;)

OOC: I plan(ned) on putting her on Cooper's ship. Not sure how that'll work out right now. Oh, and it's Phillim, with an I.

Gingivere Greeneyes

Quote from: BrookSkimmer on October 28, 2012, 11:29:37 PM
I'm just off to ring the bells for supper, care to join me? It can be so strenuous doing it by myself!

Acorn watched Milo preform his wall top jumping skills and smiled. She thought possibly he was doing it to impress her. She was impressed. For an Abbey beast he was quite talented. Only those who grew up in the woodlands like herself might possess more prowess. Even if she did, she wouldn't flaunt it in front of the male squirrel. She batted her eye lashes at him as he winked at her. How nice of him to ask her to join in bell ringing. She was impressed that Redwall had chosen him to be the bell ringer. It was an important job!

"Strenuous eh? I should think a champion wall jumper like you should  be able to manage by yourself." She smiled again, toying with him. "However, if you think you need help,' She leaned back and then launched herself forward. The athletic squirrel flew through the air and landed, gripping onto the outside of the battlements. She quickly scurried over and stood in form of Milo, dusting off her paws. "I'd love to join you!"

"Hey," Milo laughed, "Even champion wall jumpers like me need a little help! Did I mention I'm also a champion bell-ringer and runner ?" he laughed, "I'll race you to the bell tower! First one there gets a candied chestnut!" Still laughing, he raced off to the bell tower.
He passed all the abbey-beasts, the mice and otters and the badger, but really his thoughts were only on one creature. Acorn. For some reason unknown to him, he couldn't get her out of his mind. How graceful she was, how kind and funny she was, he had reached the bell tower before he knew it, naturally he knew the way better than his squirrel friend, but he still handed a chestnut to Acorn anyway.
"Now Acorn, the supper toll go's like this; One, two, three, One, two three. You only ring one the one, on the two and three it's silent." Milo knew everything about the bells. "Repeat that for seven or so times, that will give everybeast plenty of time, ready?"
Sela: The leaf is Redwall, Chickemhound is the boot.
Chickenhound: I don't wanna be the boot!
Sela: Shut up your the boot. You, Cluny are the rock, and I'm the sports car.
Cluny: I wanna be the sports car!
Sela: No. I'm always the sports car. D:<

BrookSkimmer

OOC: Oh, I thought you were planning on having Phillim come and tell the Redwall beasts so they could mount the adventure. Then, I will have Churrup tell them about the capture and you can have your hare join Cooper's crew. That should be fine right? Sorry for the slight confusion!

BIC:
I'll race you to the bell tower! First one there gets a candied chestnut!

Acorn smiled and shook her head as Milo took off running. He was such a nice squirrel and she felt good when she was around him. After a moment the female took off in pursuit. She made it to the bell tower just after Milo. Taking the offered candied nut she neatly bit it in half and offered the remaining piece to Milo. She chewed quickly, her whiskers moving in time with the happy munching.

She listened, fascinated, as Milo explained how the bells worked. He did know a lot about the movements of the bells. Acorn loved the sound they made. Deep and brazen, they rang out through the abbey.

As he finished explaining she took the rope right below where he held onto it. "Yes, I'm ready!"
_____

Churrup had landed on the grassy sward by the pond. The Redwallers with whom he did business usually met him there with a good supply of seed cake. This was his favorite food and well worth bits of information.

Rikkendo and two abbey mousemaids showed up first followed by an otter. The latter spoke to him.

"G'day, 'ow are ye farin', friend?"

Churrup puffed up his chest and bobbed his head to the side.

"Fit and fare enough water dog!" He eyed the abbeybeasts, looking for food. "Before we get to business... there's ummmm, some business to attend to if I'm not mistaken?" He waited. "Perhaps in the order of seedcake eh?"

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: redwallgurl on October 30, 2012, 08:30:02 PM
"Featherwood, a nice name," she said smiling brightly. Closing the dooor behind Featherwood she asked,"Are you hungry? It looks you've been wandering for a while. I'll show you to the kitchens."

"Thanks but I have my lunch right here," holding up his fish, "Would you like to join me?" asked Featherwood.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Skyblade

Quote from: Rainshadow on October 29, 2012, 09:02:58 PM
  Avalanche was still jogging on the battlements, and he saw a rather large badger.  He stopped and smiled at her.  "'Ello there.  Beautiful day, ain't it?"  He stuck out a paw to the badger.  "My name's Avalanche."

Silverstorm gave a small smile and shook his paw with one of her large, scarred ones. She had a mighty grip. "Ah'm Silverstorm," she said in a northern accent. "Nice tae meet ye." She took the remains of her meal to the kitchen.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Rainshadow

Tempest decided that she wanted to go outside again.  She stood up and walked out of the Abbey, turning towards the orchard.  She saw Churrup perched there and strode over to him.  She caught his remark about seed cakes and smiled.  "I'll go get ye some seed cakes, Churrup."
  Quickly walking back inside, Tempest headed toward the kitchen.  Soon she came back with a few seed cakes on a tray.  She held it out to Churrup.  "There ye go, Churrup."

Avalanche looked at Tempest.  She looked beautiful.  "Er, 'ello, Tempest."
  Tempest looked at Avalanche and smiled back.  "Hello, Avalanche.  Beautiful day, aye?"
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

redwallgurl

Terra was very found of fish. She smiled walking towards the pond indicating that Featherwood should follow.

"Sure we can have the fish," she started, "But don't you want to cook it in the kitchens first. Then we can eat it outside on the bank of the Abbey Pond."

Leatho Shellhound

"Yes, that would be nice," said Featherwood walking behind her, "do you live here?"
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

BrookSkimmer

There ye go, Churrup.

The greedy robin could hardly keep his beak from the seedcakes. They looked delicious indeed. He looked about at the gathered Redwall beasts and spoke before taking a quick beakful of the nearest seedcake.

"There's been some activity down at the coastlines I feel you would want to know about. The Lashkeel has come to port again. As you know, the crew of this ship has never been friendly and always has evil intentions. Especially their captain. Well, a couple woodlanders may have found themselves in trouble. I left them as they were moving towards the coast. I think you should send some beasts to investigate before they leave for sea. The Lashkeel is notorious for taking slaves aboard at port calls."

He rushed through the words and then pounced on a seedcake, stuffing his beak.

Rainshadow

Tempest put a paw over her mouth as she gasped.  "Oh dear!  Those poor beasts!"
  Avalanche clenched his paws in anger.  "'O'd do such a thing like take pore beasts as slaves?  I say we should go after 'em an' try to rescue 'em.  'O's with me?"

BrookSkimmer

O'd do such a thing like take pore beasts as slaves?  I say we should go after 'em an' try to rescue 'em.  'O's with me?

Rikkendo puffed out his chest as Avalanche spoke. He touched the handle of his long knife as he thought of evil beasts taking slaves and prisoners. He needed to behave like a warrior, and that meant controlling himself. He nodded to the otter.

"I'll go with you. There is no place in which slavery of another creature is right." He turned to Tia, his eyes steely. "I guess we'll have to save fruit picking in the orchard for another time."

After this he turned to Churrup. "After you finish your seedcake, can you fly back to the sea and find out what's been going on. We'll need to know who has been captured and what the evil beasts are doing. A party of beasts from Redwall will leave soon. Report back to the party and then come back to the Abbey. I'm sure you will find plenty of food rewards here for your trouble."

Churrup nodded, his beak too stuffed for a reply.

redwallgurl

In reply to Featherwoods question she skipped along saying,"Yes, I have. I was reared up here since I was a young otter by my Uncle Skipper."