News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

RP: Trouble on the Horizon

Started by Nightfire, July 28, 2011, 01:39:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nightfire

Nightfire sat in the branches of a mighty oak, whetting her dirk against a flat piece of slate that she had carried up with her. A little ways to her right was her band of mercenary squirrels. They were lounging about, appearing careless, but ever on the alert for her signal. As she worked, she gazed about at her surroundings. They had been traveling down from the North for many seasons, and she was curious about what lay within the legendary Abbey of Redwall. "Zara!" she barked.
"Yeah?" A young, honey-colored warrior with russet-furred paws looked up sharply.
"See if ye can make contact with whoever be in charge of yonder fortress."
"Aye," Zara replied, shouldering her bow. She swung down from the pine branch she was on, and walked jauntily towards the main gate of the sandstone abbey. She banged on the door, then stepped back to wait. She thought she could hear some creatures on the other side.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Icefire

Within the abbeywalls, Meryoran had been enjoying an stroll along the walls when she suddenly heard a knock on the main gate.
"Who could that be?" She thought.
Then she opened the gates and found herself face to face with a squirrel she had never seen before.
"Hello and welcome to Redwall Abbey. I'm Meryoran. Who are you?"
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

Nightfire

"Mah name's Zara. Ahm a scout in a band o' rovin' mercenary squirrels fraem tae high northlands. Mah leader wishes tae speak tae whoever's in charge o' this place."
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Tiria Wildlough

Meryl Silverstripe heard somebeast at the gate, and hurried to see who it was. The badger was Redwall's bellringer and unnoficial badgermum.
Meryl saw that it was a squirrel. She asked Meyoran, 'Who is this?'
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Nightfire

The young squirrel spoke up quickly. "Ahm Zara, but that is nae important. Mah Squirrelqueen would like tae meet yah."

Hálig

Georgie peeked her head around the corner to see Meryl and Meryoran talking to somebeast at the gate. She walked over, a bit curious. They didn't often receive visitors like this at Redwall.

"Hullo, Zara!" Georgie said cheerfully. "What's this about a Squirrelqueen?"
Click here to visit my site!

Proud Doctor Who fan!

Nightfire

Zara sighed, lifting her eyes to the sky as if to seek help from there. "Mah Squirrelqueen want's tae see ye, marm. Now, will ye consent tae see 'er before we attract tae much o' a crowd?"

OOC: Sorry about her accent. I'm terrible at writing a how a highlander would speak. You can get the picture from it though, she has a broad accent. Okay, BIC:

Icefire

Meryoran started laughing to herself, "Yes, we'll take you to the Abbess Violet, but it might be hard to avoid attracting a crowd. We don't get a lot of new creatures around here, but their always welcome!"

OOC: Do we have an abbot/abbess or are we just going to leave that position blank and appoint one somewhere along the story?

Nightfire

OOC: Let's just invent an abbess called Violet She can be a character open to all members. Does that sound all right? Whoever does not have a second character can be her as well, if they want.

BIC: Zara frowned. She wasn't the one to talk with the abbess "Ah'll go git mah leader. Ye ken talk tae 'er. Ah'm jes' the messsenger. Ah'll be back in a tick." She whirls around and darts back to the trees, disappearing from the Redwallers' sight. She returns momentarily with a tall black squirrel and another reddish-coloured squirrel with twin swords.
"My name's Nightfire," the Mercenary Squirrelqueen said. "This is my second-in-command, Ambriya." She extended one tough, sinewy paw towards Meryoran.

Icefire

Meryoran stood their awestruck for a moment. She hadn't seen any creatures like these before! She thought, "What does one do in the presence of a warrior? Or in the presence of a queen, for that matter!"
That's when she saw the Squirrelqueen's paw extended towards her. She reached out and shook the squirrelqueen's paw (quite amazed at the strength of her grip) and said, "Welcome to Redwall. I believe the Abbess is in Great Hall at the moment. Please follow me." And headed for the abbey

Nightfire

Nightfire followed, sending Zara back to the band. She didn't get surprised by much, but she was amazed at the tapestry of Martin the Warrior. "'Ow many season's must it've took to make that?" she muttered incredulously under her breath. She spotted the abbess sitting cross-legged in front of the tapestry. She waited patiently for Meryoran to speak first.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Abbess Violet shook her head in despair as she wrapped a bandage around a small owl's right wing. "Honestly Rainan, you must stop trying to fly by jumping out of the window. If brother Fielders hadn't caught you you might have broken more than just your wing." "If we do not try we surely shall never succeed." The small owl replied, quoting an unknown creature from a book he'd been read from once.

Abbess Violet ruffled the little owl's head fondly. "Just try it somewhere lower to the ground, ok?" The little owl with his now fully bandaged right wing hopped away, mumbling something incomprehensible.
Abbess Violet rose and walked over to greet the newcomer. She gave a pleasant, warm smile as she extended her paw to the newcomer. "Welcome to Redwall Abbey. My name is Abbess Violet, and you are...?"
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Hálig

Goergie ran into the Great Hall, shouting excitedly. "Abbess, Abbess, there's somebeasts here to see---oh."

She looked around and saw that she was interrupting, and blushed. "Sorry."
Click here to visit my site!

Proud Doctor Who fan!

Nightfire

"Nay, don't apologise, young 'un." The mercenary winked at her. She turned to Abbess Violet. "My name's Nightfire, Mercenary Squirrelqueen o' the North." She took the abbess' small frail paw in her tough, sinewy one. "I was wonderin' if I would be allowed to bunk my crew 'ere for the night. They're gettin' restless and hungry, an' field rations ain't the best o' meals. When we 'eard o' Redwall's legendary kitchens, we just had to see if it as true."

OOC: I'm not playing Violet, because I already have two characters to be. HiaG, you seem perfectly capable to be Abbess Violet. Will you?
Okay, BIC:

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

OOC: Sorry, Ah'm zavin' me lazt character zlot fur a vermin or zomeone elze. Bezt tae juzt leave her az a character tha' anyone can play az.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.