Is Redwall as safe as they say it is? (Role-play thread)

Started by Ashleg, September 02, 2015, 03:24:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should the vermin meet the Redwallers?

Yeah!!
Not yet...When we're further into the roleplay. c:

LT Sandpaw

Blackclaw was the first to return to where Rapshade has stopped. The weasel, though his eye was slightly red looked mostly fine. He charged in among the vermin ranks hoping that any insects that still pursued him might be driven off by the mass of bodies.

Saltooth followed a few moments later several large lumps covering his back and arms. He raced after the pirates yelling in panic. "Run mates, there be killer bugs a'comin, run fer it!" He attempted to catch up with the rest of the crew slapping at the few insects that still pursued him. The swarm of bees chasing Fang pealed off after a few mometns of the race, returning to their damaged nest buzzing irritably.

~*~*~*~*~*~

With the help of a slight lead Bracklew held his own against the faster hare rushing though the mostly deserted halls. Ducking around comers and sliding on the smooth floors he raced towards the large main door. laughing he turned to see how close Mixy was behind him plowing straight into the Abbey warrior.

Brandon who had just entered the Abbey caught the young squirrel before he was bowled over. Bracklew who wasn't as stable on his paws fell to the floor held up by one of his arms. The mouse elder shook his head laughing as he pulled the youth back onto his footpaws.

"Whoa now match your step there, you nearly knocked both of us over." He righted Bracklew who dusted himself down sheepishly.

"Now then what are you two off to do in such a rush hm?" Brandon asked clasping his paws behind his back, a pleasant smile on his face.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Ashleg

OOC-
Just so you know, Mixy's mother was killed by Rapshade when he attacked Salamandastron a while back when she was still a babe and her parents were in the Long Patrol.

BIC-
Fang whimpered as he approached behind Saltooth, looking cautious.
"I...I think the bugs are gone, mate." He whispered.

The ferret captain picked up on that.
"Yes, they are gone. Where's Halfear?" Rapshade scowled, raking the assembled vermin with his malicious amber eyes.
"Saltooth, Blackclaw, Fangfang, stand in a line, you idiots, single file. You should've known better than to lead the danger to the rest of the crew...Well, most of you, that is. What fools!" He spat.
"You're lacking in common sense, all three of you. You're miserable scumbags."
Someone in the back sniggered.
Rapshade growled as he pinpointed who the laugh came from and took out one of his spare daggers, flicking it into the offender's neck with ease.

-

"We've something to show you, Mister Brandon!" Mixy declared, standing tip-paw as she held the note up.
"I know, I know...We should've came to you with this sooner. Please forgive me." After giving him a while to look it over, she offered to hand it to him.
"Sounds like a vermin name, doesn't it?" She laughed. "Kidding. Maybe if you don't my dad will know."

Hickory

Friar Ruck dusted the flour off his paws, basking in the metaphorical glow of the huge trifle in front of him. The sugared strawberries sank into the meadowcream covering the three-layer masterpiece. Peaches, apples nad raspberries seemingly floated down the sides of the trifle. The Friar admired the giant work of art and sighed happily.

His good mood was soured by the arrival of his inexperienced kitchen assistant, Murph. Murph was a young mouse with a lisp, and the Friar might've felt sorry for her had it not been for the total destruction she wreaked when she attempted to cook.

"What a fabulouth trifle, sir! Abtholutely fantathtic!"

The Friar started cleaning up the kitchen. "Murph, you can go help the others get the dinner table ready."

† † †

Jetfur the Slavemaster, done with his normal lashings on the oar slaves, strode up on deck.  Curling up his whip and putting it on his belt. The rat walked over to where the captain stood. "Slaves'll be trouble no more, Cap'n. I put some sense in them." Here he sniggered slightly.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Ashleg

Rapshade froze and whirled around upon hearing Jetfur's voice.
"You ignorant fool...Weren't you one of the ten I told to stay on board?" He growled. "Nevermind. Get back in there and put more sense int' them, or I'll knock some sense int' you."
Had everybeast's brain just melted today?
"These miscreants," he said, pointing a finger at Saltooth, Fangfang, and Blackclaw, "Already screwed up in some way or another and I'm taking care o' them. So unless you'd like t' help me, scamper back on up there, bucko."

---

Duncan Winterberry the hare picked up on the smell of the trifle from halfway down the hall.
The retired long patrol hare knocked on the door before poking his head inside.
"Hey there, Ruck, ole pal! My sniffer's pickin' up the scent of some great dessert... A hare's gotta eat, you know!" He said with a grin.

Hickory

OOC: What do you mean? Also, I was kinda hoping that they'd be more friendly than that... up to you though.

Ashleg

OOC-
Basically what happened before you joined was Rapshade and most of his crew went off into Mossflower to explore, and the three vermin he sent as counts came back with bees chasing them (they led it right to the crew, so he's mad. XD)
But before that he told ten of them to stay on the ship and guard it, so it seemed to make more sense with your post to pretend Jetfur was one of them. :)
Hopefully it makes sense now. If you want you can read everything. ;)

The woodlanders and Fangfang are friendly.
If the captain was friendly he wouldn't be the villain, would he? :3

Hickory

OOC: Didn't realize that. Thanks.

BIC: Backing off at the Captain's intense hostility, Jetfur ran back to the ship, ready to pass on his captain's anger to the slaves. It always felt good to give out a few extra lashings.

Ashleg

OOC-
No problem.
IC-
Duncan cleared his throat, still eyeing the trifle.
"Oh, Ruck, chap, didn't you hear me? That looks delicious!" The hare licked his lips and tiptoed into the room. "You know I know you want to let me eat it..."

Hickory

The friar eyed the hare. "And I know that you know that you are simply a gluttonus hare with misguided applications of your large stomach."

He was about to say more when a presence large enough to sense in the air suddenly appeared in the kitchen. "Friar, is there a problem?" rumbled to voice of Ava, the current badgermum at the Abbey.

LT Sandpaw

OOC: So basically the vermin are a good distance from their ship, while Saltooth (My character) and Fangfang (Scar's character) Are being berated for their stupidity. At Redwall not much has happened other then Bracklew waking up half the Abbey and running into  Brandon (Both my characters). While Mixy is trying to get Brandon to read this paper with Rapshade's name scrawled on it. Anyway that's a basic run-through of what we have so far.

Oh and Scar it wont be much fun for Jetfur if he has to sit on the ship the whole time.

Anyway back to the story.

BIC:

"Alright I'll take a look young'un." The mouse reached out snagging the paper, which was now slightly crumpled and running his eyes over the simple scrawled name upon it. For a few moments his eyes had a faraway look in them but not for long. He snapped back to the present the pleasant smile still on his face.

"You were right not to show this to your father, you keep a hold of this for the time being. That is a verminous name, you were right, but he is long dead. Nothing for you to worry about." He said passing the paper back to Mixy. "Now why don't you two go down to the kitchens, I'm sure Friar Ruck has something for breakfast. I have somebeast to go talk too." With that said he quickly turned around and went back outside leaving Bracklew and Mixy alone.

The squirrel adolescent grimaced at his friend. "Well that wasn't very helpful was it. Ah well breakfast!" Hungered by his antics of that morning the squirrel youth was eager to get into Kitchens.

~*~*~*~*~*~

There was no choice for Saltooth, and Blackclaw. They really didn't care what happened to Fang so they blurted out excuses trying to make it sound reasonable.

"It be Halfear's fault Cap'n, e' stomped a 'B' 'ive."

"They were monsters Cap'n, bigger 'n me 'ead. Honest."

"An' our poor cully Halfear, 'e was taken by this 'ear great bird so e' was."

"Yer it carry 'im er, wait wot?" Saltooth performed a slight sideways kick.

"Er, er I mean right, rite er'p inter the sky. An' there t'were a 'undred o' em!"

"Gah shuddup ye idjit! But there t'were them great badgers yer see." Both weasel and rat squirmed utterly lost, wondering if it was their time to die.

Ashleg

OOC-
He won't be alone. He'll get Fang to hang out with... ;D
IC-
"Yeah, and Halfear stepped inta a beehive so that's how he died!" Fangfang grinned innocently. "I don't know what they're talkin' about but 'tis probably true, Cap'n!"
Rapshade growled and kicked Fang on the ankle, sending the rat stumbling.
"Get out o' here, go back to the ship. I wouldn't expect anything from you anyway." He snapped, watching as Fangfang nodded and scampered off.
Then the ferret paced in a circle around Saltooth and Blackclaw, shaking his head.
"Badgers and great birds? When you arrived all I saw was a swarm of bees." He snarled and slapped them both across the face. "If there were badgers and huge birds I'd have seen them and not insects, you knuckleheads!"

Fangfang scurried back to the ship and knocked on the door leading down to where the slaves were kept.
"Heeeey, Jetfur!" He called. "I was sent back so now we kin hang out t'gether, matey!"

-

"No, no, how d'you know he's dead?" Mixy sighed when Brandon left, turning back to Bracklew.
She huffed in frustration and shoved the note back into her pocket.
"Alright, let's go eat, I guess. Unless my father already ate everything in stock."

"No trouble, Ma'am!" Duncan said, "I was just hungry, as always, and I smelled this delicious thing. Friar was about to let me eat it."

LT Sandpaw

Bracklew shrugged, he wasn't the kind of creature that dwelled on one thing for too long. Besides the mention of food had his stomach growling again. "Aye lets, your pa has a way with food, not that you can talk any, you eat just like any hare pal."

~*~*~*~*~*~

Brandon made his way across the Abbey lawns, his usual slow walk was replaced by a much faster pace. The mouse warrior soon found what he was looking for, that being the Abbey pond. Frolicking in the shallows a tall female otter sported with a few other otters, their usual cheerfulness unabated by the cool weather.

Stopping at the ponds edge Brandon scanned the water occupants until he spotted the one he was looking for. "Creekpaw a word please."

A few moments later the female otter bounded onto the bank beside Brandon. She was a strong looking otter in her prime. Standing she pounded the mouse warrior on the back with a wet paw.

"Ahoy there cully, wot kin' I do fer me best mouse matey?"

"I reckon you remember the name Rapshade the Swift?" The otter's cheerful features changed from pleasant to cold.

"Aye, I reckon I do matey. Wotsit got to do with ye?"

"Mixy n' Brack, found his name scrawled on a piece of paper in the woodlands, probably nothing." The otter shook her head.

"When it comes to Rapshade matey I don't leave anything to chance, ye can understand right? So after Breakfast I'm going to go find the place where them young'uns found the paper. An' make sure tis nothing."

"I'm coming with you Creekpaw, I'll go get my sword."

Ashleg

Mixy giggled at that, shoving Bracklew playfully.
"Nah, no I'm not, I'm worse! Last one there's the main course!" She gave him an exaggerated wink before darting off toward the dining hall.

"You won't lie to me again or you'll find yerself unable to talk at all. Savvy?" Rapshade hissed, poising his sabre at their necks for a moment.

LT Sandpaw

Saltooth glared at his captain recoiling in fear as the saber was held close to his throat. Blackclaw broke down, his best attempts at maintaining composure gone.

"Gaaah don't stick us Cap'n! It were Halfear, e' went n' stepped on a bee 'ive n' they killed 'im, honest an' all, cross me 'eart an' 'ope ter die Cap'n!"

~*~*~*~*~*~

"Hey no fair! That's my trick you trick n' grub stealing rabbit." Bracklew yelled chasing after her.

Hickory

Ava swng her heavy ash cane around as if it was only a loaf of bread, a sign that most creatures would take as something anybeast would to when they stood around too long. However, it was swung a little to fast and hard to that to be true.

The Friar frowned. "I said no such thing, Duncan, and if you try to wheedle your way into my trifle any more it'll end badly."