Scary or Disconcerting Moments in Redwall

Started by MeadowR, August 30, 2013, 03:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hickory

Exactly.

Sandpaw, I just have to ask, are you going to check Overlord's Orders? James posted a couple days ago, you need to pick a winner (or something).
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

LT Sandpaw

@Sagetip Yes I know, I'm just giving the people who haven't posted yet a chance.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Hickory

MeadowR

Possibly someone mentioned this...

In Luke, when Martin and co. are told about Folgrim the otter, who the characters might meet (and do) and is potentially insane. Then when he was in the cave talking to the dead villain, that was a creepy image... and then to actually bite the creatures necks and eat them! Pretty disconcerting, I think.
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Hickory

Quote from: MeadowRabbit on March 09, 2015, 03:15:17 PM
Possibly someone mentioned this...

In Luke, when Martin and co. are told about Folgrim the otter, who the characters might meet (and do) and is potentially insane. Then when he was in the cave talking to the dead villain, that was a creepy image... and then to actually bite the creatures necks and eat them! Pretty disconcerting, I think.
Sometimes you have to fight to survive...

MeadowR

Although I can cope more reading it now, I found the moments when the badger lords went into the room with Lord Brocktree's skeleton in armour sat at the table pretty scary. Sunflash was really shocked about it... if it were me I'd be back out that door pretty fast. XD
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

The Skarzs

That's something kinda interesting with me: Skeletons don't scare me. :P So that part might have been interesting and unexpected, but it wasn't all that frightening. (To me.)
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

MeadowR

^ It's partly just the fact you can't necessarily even see the skeleton underneath, so it's like a sitting armour with goodness knows what inside, living or dead... so there is the shock of that before you even realise there's a badger skeleton beneath!
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Hickory

The death of the hares in Rakkety Tam.

But also some of the earliers Painted ones.... hoever, the ones from Doomwyte were pretty civilized, they weren't cannibals.

Lady Ashenwyte

Quote from: MeadowRabbit on March 21, 2015, 05:43:06 PM
Although I can cope more reading it now, I found the moments when the badger lords went into the room with Lord Brocktree's skeleton in armour sat at the table pretty scary. Sunflash was really shocked about it... if it were me I'd be back out that door pretty fast. XD

Which book was that from?
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Wot, wot!

"Get him! Grab that spy! I want his head!"
Basil chuckled. "What's the matter? Isn't your own head good enough? No, I don't suppose it is. Ugly-looking brute, aren't you?" -Basil to Cluny the Scourge (Redwall)

"The second you change "I can't" into "why not", you can do anything in the world."

MeadowR

^ Yep. Although the room with the remains in is mentioned in a few others books, too.
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Captain Tammo

REVIVE!!!

Here's something that gets creepier the more I think about it: literally all of Malkariss  >8(

A giant underground kingdom where the screams and whimpers of slaves fill the air? I'll pass.
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

The Skarzs

Ohh, yeah. It is pretty creepy. All but a cult obeying the whim of a terrible voice with the carved face of a polecat.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ashleg

One word: Gloomer.

And badger lords can be scary sometimes.