News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Castles and sorts

Started by Lord Gorath, November 18, 2012, 02:00:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which would best hold of a mass invasion of the Blue Hordes after the events of Lord Brocktree?

Salamandastron
25 (46.3%)
Palace of Ublaz
2 (3.7%)
Fort Bladegirt
1 (1.9%)
Redwall Abbey
8 (14.8%)
Castle Marl
12 (22.2%)
Castle Floret
6 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Rusvul

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on November 17, 2013, 02:37:48 AM
Quote from: rusvulthesaber on November 17, 2013, 02:21:06 AM
And my point is, the Redwallers shouldn't have been able to free the slaves, at least logically.
Why so?
1. Lake full of pike.
2. Army of evil birds.
3. Army of guards.
4. Lots of archers, who should have been shooting flaming arrows.

How is it that the crew of one hedgehog raft are able to set free so many slaves? The slaves were being guarded by an army of guards! The way that I think the battle should have gone would be more like this:

They sail towards Marl, and their hawky friend leaves to distract the crows. He gets a lot of them, but is eventually struck down by the sheer masses. The remaining half or so of the crows descend upon the ship. About a third of the crew is decimated by the birds, before the final feathers slip below the pike-filled lake. The remaining two-thirds of the crew comes within bow-range of Castle Marl, and several of them are sniped off by the few keen-eyed marksmen in the castle. However, a much larger group of archers are firing flaming arrows- Catching the sails of the ship alight, the fire quickly spreads to other parts of the ship, and the crew doesn't have a way to put it out- The water is full of pike. They can fight it with towels, but it's a lost cause- They have two options: Burn to death, or jump overboard and be eaten by pike.

I'm not sure how they even would have gotten to Castle Marl.

And, they only had any kind of chance because of a bird. Now, if they had more birds, they might have had a much larger chance. But think- Did Redwall stand up to an avian assault? No, an outsider who stumbled in by sheer luck, had to save them. Also, Redwall isn't secret and in a lake full of pike.

redwallgurl

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on November 16, 2013, 12:22:39 AM
Quote from: redwallgurl on November 16, 2013, 12:16:40 AM
Salamndastron!
Reasons?
I choose Salamandastron due to a lot of reasons. First of all its feared strong army of hares and of course the ferocious Badger Lord/Lady. Also it has a sustainable amount of water for a couple of years/forever. Salamandastron also has very strong walls and can always be used to the inhabitants advantage.
Fun. is a fantastic band.

willruth

I think the Palace of Ublaz would be the best beacause one monitor is like worth a score of Blue Hordebeasts!

I also think this because it is SO FAR AWAY FROM ANYONE ELSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

Russa Nodrey

Let me see....

• Castle Marl
  • Salamandastron
  • Redwall
  • Teramort (Not sure if I spelled that right.)
  • Castle Floret
Freddy

Albrithr

I say Floret.  For one thing, they now know of the existence of the secret tunnels, which would make great points for ambushing attackers and would be relatively easy to seal off.  Also, the drawbridge limits access quite a bit, and they would have to carry quite a bit of debris up the path, fully exposed, in order to cross the moat to attack the gate, which they wouldn't be able to breach with any of the siege weaponry found in any of the books.  That, and they have the high ground.  Both Sun Tzu and Obi-Wan would approve.

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: Albrithr on June 09, 2014, 04:55:48 AM
I say Floret.  For one thing, they now know of the existence of the secret tunnels, which would make great points for ambushing attackers and would be relatively easy to seal off.  Also, the drawbridge limits access quite a bit, and they would have to carry quite a bit of debris up the path, fully exposed, in order to cross the moat to attack the gate, which they wouldn't be able to breach with any of the siege weaponry found in any of the books.  That, and they have the high ground.  Both Sun Tzu and Obi-Wan would approve.

Thank you! Yes! The only reason why castle Floret was taken was b/c of trickery and hidden tunnles. With out thoughs ways of attack, that castle is very defensible against both vermin or good beasts.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Delthion

Salamadastron, the higher up you retreat the more tightly packed your army becomes, and the less of an advantage (if any) the other armies numbers become.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

The Skarzs

Castle Floret. Not only is there a moat, but a drawbridge, high walls (much higher than any other forts and/or castles), and enough storage for a large army and the means to support it.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Delthion

But moats are easily bridged...And Salamandastron has much stronger and taller walls than any castle.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Rusvul

It's rather difficult to bridge a moat when there's people hurling rocks, arrows, and boiling oil at your head, not to mention setting fire to anything wooden. One of the most common strategies for bridging a moat was throwing rocks into it- That sounds tedious and slow, no? But it was the best some armies could do.

Delthion

You can easily do that if you can spread the defenders out enough, attack and try to bridge the moat from as many points as possible. And you can use faggots, to fill the moat.

Rusvul

Still, that's more time for the people to pour boiling oil on you.

The Skarzs

Every egg can be cracked, and every shell: broken.

It doesn't matter how well a castle can be defended, it will eventually fall no matter what under enough enemies assailing it and attempts to gain entrance.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Delthion

Couldn't have said it better myself!

Tim Churchmouse

I think that it would be Castle Marl. Reasons:
Salamandastron: very few exits- easy to become trapped
Palace of Ublaz: Too small
Fort Bladegirt: Wooden; burned down, water seeps in from below
Redwall Abbey: Too compact & small, no exit space, untrained fighters
Castle Marl: surrounded by water, very few ways for enemy to get in
Castle Floret: Good, but not as good as Castle Marl.
This is your referral link!
PLEEEEEASE CLICK MULTIPLYFYING TIMES!!!!!!!