St. Ninian

Started by Blaggut, November 11, 2014, 06:02:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blaggut

So, this church was mentioned a few times, but who was St Ninian, How did the church get there, why is it abondened, and what other info is there? I need more info :P thinking about writing a fanfic, as it seems interesting...
~Just a soft space boi~

Jetthebinturong

Saint Ninian's isn't a church, it's simply a giant house. The mouse Ninian and his wife were supposed to build it together but he didn't help so when she finished building, she put up a sign that said "This ain't Ninian's!" but the sign faded over time. This isn't just me being stupid, it says so in tLoL
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Gonff the Mousethief

*sigh* I might get this topic closed.

Ok, so St. Ninians WAS in fact a church, for it was used as a church sometime over a long period of time.It was not built for church uses at first.  It was used to house Luke and his tribe before Martin, but as Jet said, it did have that origin.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Blaggut

Oh yeah, I remember. But I thought that was just a funny legend devised by the teller?
~Just a soft space boi~

Jetthebinturong

No, she's asked if the story is true and Luke answers for her, saying that it is
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Captain Tammo

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on November 11, 2014, 04:44:18 PM
Saint Ninian's isn't a church, it's simply a giant house. The mouse Ninian and his wife were supposed to build it together but he didn't help so when she finished building, she put up a sign that said "This ain't Ninian's!" but the sign faded over time. This isn't just me being stupid, it says so in tLoL

Are you sure Luke just wasn't playing around when he said that it was a true story?

This is a sort of topic that I think changes as the series moves on and away from religious undertones. In the first book, you could say that it was a church and simply that. As more books began coming out, I think that Brian added this little side-story so that the church setting would appeal to a wider spectrum of readers.
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Hickory

Yeah... It wasn't mentioned in many books as an actual setting, only in... let's see... redwall, Pearls of Lutra, Legend of Luke, and maybe mossflower.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Izeroth

Quote from: Sagetip, the hare on January 04, 2015, 08:15:34 PM
Yeah... It wasn't mentioned in many books as an actual setting, only in... let's see... redwall, Pearls of Lutra, Legend of Luke, and maybe mossflower.

That's because they burned it to the ground in Pearls of Lutra.

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Hickory

I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Captain Tammo

Who ordered Ninian's to be burned? Was it Rollo because of the history of vermin using it as a hideaway?
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

Quote from: Captain Tammo on January 05, 2015, 05:22:57 PM
Who ordered Ninian's to be burned? Was it Rollo because of the history of vermin using it as a hideaway?

Pretty much. . . The final straw was when Piknim (sp?) died there trying to get a pearl from the jackdaws. Then Rollo made a big speech on the history of vermin who lived there and made their headquarters there and ordered it to burned.

The Skarzs

I rather liked Piknim; rather sudden death. :P
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

Yes it was. I liked Piknim too. . . . . Still, I suppose BJ knew what he was doing.