News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Crews of the Open Breeze RP

Started by Gonff the Mousethief, July 11, 2016, 05:19:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LT Sandpaw

Sheathing his sword, and thrusting his hatchet into his sash, Alfonso wasted no time in getting the Marshall's orders done. Muscles rippling he tackled a large crate that would have taken two other crewbeast to handle, straining against the wooden box until it was in place.
"I'm wonderin' if I 'eard th' Cap'n right." He muttered to a fellow rat as they continued to line up the crates, ducking arrows and now javelins, the enemy vessel was getting very close now. "Probably not, but I could'a sworn to Vulpez e' jus' say we was gonna board that ship"

"Naw, don' be crazy mate, t'was jus' a bit o' blood caught in ye ear." The rat assured, sounding very hopeful.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Eulaliaaa!

Little Seadog aided the crew in moving the crates, keeping her head low to avoid getting herself hurt. Crouching next to Alfonso and the rat, she winked. "Aye, we're gonna board that bloody piece o' floatin' garbage. Scared?"
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

LT Sandpaw

OOC: @Gonff the Mousethief   Pls. :)

IC:

"No I inn't." Alfonso scoffed, acting like the very notion didn't deserve his time of thought. "I'm jus' thinkin' yew lady types ought to go first. Me bein' a proper polite gentlebeast an' all." He flashed a cocky grin, standing and running an otter through in a flash of his cutlass blade. Ducking back down he took cover as a few arrows rattled into the crates.
"Say Little Seadog, if'n ye catch an arrer to th' 'eart, tell me sweet mum I'll be along shortly. Jus' after I collect that grog ye'll be owing me, cause that un there, e' was number six to me blade. Anyway, I'd like to wet me whistle 'afore I die fightin' sea otters."

Eulaliaaa!

Little Seadog snatched the spear from a fellow crew mate and threw it furiously at an otter. He screamed and fell back into the sea. "Well that'ns th' tenth one," she lied. That one was actually her fifth. "S'the grog b'longs t'me, ye cheater!"

OOC: @Gonff the Mousethief ?   D:
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Gonff the Mousethief

OOC:  Sorry about the delay. Been busy with school and such (and lots of other posting elsewhere...)

BIC:

Even with the battle cries and roaring waves flying about the slightly salty breeze, the keen blue ears of the captain picked up the conversation down below. A great grin was slapped upon his face as he continued to turn the ship.
"Y'two best b'ready t'hop on and make them counts just a bit bigger, eh?" He yelled down while avoiding a couple of loose arrows flung his way. It wouldn't be long until the ship was in position. He was bound to lose a couple of the crew, just as he already had. But with enough grit and determination to live, a small group could move mountains. Or in this case, a ship full of deadly otters. Pick your poison.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Eulaliaaa!

OOC: Wait, are we gonna actually try to fight an entire crew of sea otters? How much bigger is their crew?

LT Sandpaw

OOC: Hopefully Marshall's got himself a clever wheeze, and trick up his sleeve or something.

IC:

Gawking from Little Seadog to Marshall the ferret corsair laid a paw across his face, resigned to his almost certain fate. He wasn't the only one, a nearby rat muttered a stream of curses under his breath and a couple weasels looked like they'd rather jump into the ocean then face the sea otters.

Knowing it was his task to encourage the crew, Alfonso leapt up, daring life and limb that the arrows and javelins that seemed to rain down upon the Blu Tail would miss him. "Aye, aye Cap'n! I b'ready, an' wot about th' rest o' ye laggards n' lily livered scallops? Ready t'fight n' die?"

"Nay!" Shouted a ferret archer, before taking an arrow to the eye.

Ignoring this, Alfonso stomped his bare footpaws on the deck to rally the crew. "I trust th' Cap'n, either fight to th' death an' drink at 'ellgates, or swing from the mizzen mast once th' otters get ye!"

Groddil

The crew of Bauble-Yen's massive vessel piled sail onto her four masts, causing the ship to slowly pull out of the lagoon. Most of Verenya's crew stood, in shock, on the beach. Those who tried to swim after their former captain were cut down by arrows from the deck. As the Junk disappeared over the horizon, the survivors huddled together on the shore, as far from the trees as possible. One of them held his shivering paws over the fire; the shrieks of the tree rats sending chills down his spine.
"This is it mates. Abandoned to die 'ere. Marooned. Our cap'n, our mate... Hellgates, even ol' Blackfang's gone an' left."
Another spat onto the fire.
"We'll git 'em. I dunno when, but we'll make a our own boat an' we'll get 'em!"
The first crewbeast laughed.
"Hah! So ye say. I tell ye, mate, at least ye gave me one las' laugh."
He grinned, staring at the treeline. Hundreds of tree rats cackled as they worked themselves into a fury. Drums beat, flames danced, and rats shrieked as the war dance reached a crescendo.
"Come an' get us."
The treeline exploded into rats as the crewbeast drew a rusty cutlass.
"I only 'ope when ye all die, ye go ta Hellgates so I cin kill ye all over again..."

Gonff the Mousethief

OOC: I say at this point their crew has been shorted down a bit. Probably around the same size now. Oh, and Groddil, that post made me shiver a bit.

BIC: The Blu Tail started to pass by the stern. It was obviously outfitted as a captain's quarters due to the windows and silky red curtains lining all around. The extravagant features churned out one final idea from the captain; and it came at the perfect time to. With Alfonso's words still ringing, he cried out his command.
"Aye lads, light yer arrows up! Shoot 'em at those windows, the curtains, all o' it! When we pull up, keep shooting, but then the sails and front! We'll cause a distraction, givin' us two fronts!"

A few muttered cries of valor shouted out as many torches were lit and passes around for the archers behind the barricades. If this plan were to fail, their ship was doomed; but if it was two succeed, then it would certainly be a mighty victory.
The blue eye of Marshall watched as a couple of arrows, not yet lit, broke a some of the windows, leaving perfect holes for more destruction. Slowly, firey dents began to stick into the side.
"Alf, Lil' Seadog, I think y'two best b'gettin' ready. Y'two b'boardin' soon!" He called out slowing the ships pace.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

LT Sandpaw

OOC:  I was waiting for a certain @Eulalia , but I suppose that'll be too long a wait. ;)

IC:

"'Ere we go ladies!" Alfonso shouted just before the two vessels collided. "Everybeast BRACE!" The impact wasn't terrible, hardly noticeable as the ships were parallel to one another. Nevertheless it still managed to knock of a few of the waiting pirates off their feet. Giving the stragglers a moment to regain their footing, Alfonso set his cutlass blade between his teeth, rushing to the railing and leaping over the small gap separating the ships landing like a cat aboard the Calamer's Freedom's main deck. A few thoughtful pirates threw grappling hooks, but the rest made to follow Alfonso across while the archers kept up their steady stream of arrows.

Sending a silent plea to Davy Jones for a quick death, the blonde ferret set to battling the sea otters, rallying the crew about him with a barrage of insults and battle cries.