News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

A New Beginning

Started by Delthion, July 13, 2016, 10:03:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fatch of Southsward

Sham, who did not like snakes, had one particular thing to say on the matter:

"Er, sir. I've heard tell that there were h'adders infesting the sandstone quarry! Is that true? Are we goin' to fight the adders, sir?"

OOC: In the books, adders do indeed infest the stone quarry, just checkin' if we're going to involve them or not.
~ The best way to pay for a happy moment is to enjoy it ~

Delthion

OOC: Probably not, we might add one or two though.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Fatch of Southsward

In the general silence that followed, Sham once again piped up, having heard wonderful stories of the food and deserts that were served at Redwall Abbey.

"Well, if there's no snakes, then I'd volunteer to be part of the party that goes to jolly old Redwall, wot?! Top hole vittles and friendly beasts all about - Count me in!"

Although Sham did not mention it, he was also secretly hoping the time away from the desolate wilderness would give him his chance to fight the vermin scum

Eulaliaaa!

Brooke's face lit up. "R.... Redwall, sah? The very place of feasts an' food of legend? I'd jolly well fight all the snakes in the land to go there, wot wot!" She stuffed almost an entire slice of bread into her mouth, then finished off her drink in one gulp. "I'll get ready this very second!.. Right after I've finished eating!"

OOC: Del, do you need some characters to stay behind? I can make a second character.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Groddil

Major Fallop, having vacated his rock after the orders were starting to be dished out, now stepped forward.
"How many of us will be goin', sah, an' led by who? D'ye need anybeast ta stay be'ind, wot?"

OOC: Or...I could make a third...

Delthion

OOC: Sorry for not being very active of late, and yes we do need some characters to stay behind.

BIC: "No more than two scores should go, and I had hoped that you would lead them Major!" said Harold quickly, trying to get in a sentence or two before the other hares interrupted, falling over each other and themselves trying to volunteer.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Fatch of Southsward

Sham was already packing his bag.

"Right ho, major. Lets bally well get a move on then! You won't find Sham waitin' around when there's Redwall vittles to be had! Best scoff in all the land! What ho! Last 'un there is a rotten egg, wot!"

Groddil

Fallop stared down at Sham.
"Lust 'un there is a rotten egg? If'n ye break march, ye'll be eatin' th' first rotten egg I finds. Pack yer bags, get some rations an' form up inta ranks by th' big rock, wot wot? First 'uns to actually be ready'll be goin' wid me."
The major withdrew to his tent to start packing.

Dannflower Reguba

Brussel rolled his eyes with a chuckle, "I ain't even been around much longer than these greeny's yet I'm still surprised by such zeal, goodness me." He had no intention of joining the party, Redwall fare was certainly a tempting offer, but he'd experienced it on occasion before and figured it'd be best to let newer recruits go on the trip. Aside from that, their current encampment gave him the willies. Whatever it was, the squirrel was unsure of, but his gut told him something was wrong, and his conscience made him stay put. He chuckled inwardly before bidding his most recent acquaintance farewell, "I'll see you by the by Sham! And whatever you do, don't kiss any of those snakes in the quarry, no matter 'ow pretty she looks!" With a smile plastered on his rugged face, he waved to any and all departing Hares, hoping to high heaven that they would all return safely.   
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Fatch of Southsward

Sham, horrified by the idea of kissing a snake, shouted back cheerfully:

"No fear of that Brussel ol' treeskipper! No snake alive bally good enough for me to kiss, doncha know! I hope I see you again soon old chap! And I hope I'm not carrying any scones when I do see you again, bloomin' pasty - swipers!"

As the group began marching into the woods he addressed the major, not at all disheartened:

"We're in the middle of the forest Fallop, sir! If you find a rotten egg out here, I'll be very impressed. Unless that squirrel back there's cooking. Chap could burn a salad, wot?!

Lady Ashenwyte

Zurakh watched the group of hares travelling from the forest, eyes burning with hatred. He looked back at the group of five beasts behind him, armed with bows. He nodded, and nocked his bow. He aimed at a hare, and waited for his troop to get ready. He loosed his bow, and his followers fired as well.
                                  His followers then drew their blades and started retreating to their camp, while Zurakh drew his axe.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Eulaliaaa!

Brooke had packed up as fast as she could, kissing her grandfather on the cheek and saying goodbye before she left. Now, she was marching through the forest with the others, bursting with excitement. This was it. This was her chance to be a true Long Patrol galloper. She proudly marched with them, thinking of what she would do when she saw a vermin. Use her spear the way she had been taught, of course. She'd earn more metals than she could carry, everybody would look up to her and see her as their hero! It was by chance that she glanced to the side and saw a group of vermin, bows ready to be fired.

"Get down!" she cried, throwing herself to the ground. An arrow grazed by her arm, and she watched as the vermin started running off into the forest. Terrified, Brooke looked around at the others to see if they were ok.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Rosie Willowwater

Sal lay on her bed for a while before hearing a bit of a commotion outside. She sat up and leaned her ear close to the 'wall' of the tent. When she heard some of the hares talk about adventuring to the fabled Redwall with all its food and festivities, she got all sorts of exited and jumped towards her travelling satchel she had been longing to use for years. She had just picked it up and was about to examine its contents to see if they were all intact but she stopped herself. 'If I stay home, I'm sure to be praised and rewarded over the others when the inevitable evil shows up and I come in and defeat it' even though she knew there was only a very slight chance that that would happen, she still found the idea of having to trek all the way to Redwall just to sit around and be all peaceful and the like not much better. So she sprang back up and walked out of the tent to see what the feast had left, and to scarf down some food before the cooks took it away.

Dannflower Reguba

Brussel had heard Sham's snarky comment despite having already turned his back to be about his business. He turned around with the full intent of informing the upstart of his culinary skills, especially when it came to boiling the noises of young whippersnappers. However, his ears picked up a sound that haunted his memory, the snappy twang of home-made vermin bows. Without hesitation, he grabbed the two Hares nearest him and yanked them down with himself as he shouted, "HIT THE DIRT!" He was on his feet as soon as he figured out who the targets were, and where the shots were fired from. Thankfully, the forest fringe wasn't far away from his present location, and he was in the trees in a blink. A few moments later, he gained vision of the perpetrators down below, few in number, and seemingly making their getaway. He awaited the arrival of the hares, keeping even with them well above, and being careful not to notify them of his presence.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Groddil

OOC: Wasn't Zurakh getting changed? His character sheet still says "Vermin Warlord." ???

BIC:

Fallop hit the ground as soon as he heard Brooke's shout. The Major had already unsheathed his saber by the time several other hares joined him, regrouping in the trees, and pulling out their own ranged weaponry.
"Find those bally vermin, wot. Sight 'em, an' stick a few arrers atwixt their shoulder blades."