News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Moral Dilemma

Started by Dannflower Reguba, August 26, 2016, 08:44:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LT Sandpaw

Of all the things that Pyrin had expected Kaite to do, he hadn't considered a very swift and painful attack. The rat released a slight grunt as the blow landed, but he weathered it bodily, not wanting anybeast to see he had been hurt. She could certainly throw a punch, at least it hadn't been to his stomach.
"Alright lass, ye obviously don' know what's good for ye." Pyrin snapped standing up, rubbing the new bruise on his chest. "Now back off to ye corner like a good hedgepig 'afore I teach ye manners good n' proper like." He was much taller then Kaite when he was standing, a fact that he felt should win him this confrontation, and if not, well it would certainly provided a distraction from the dull prison life.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Rosie Willowwater

"Alright ye little wimp, I'll stop. Well never get outta here 'les we work together." Almost Instantly after she spoke, the ground below her disappeared and she flew into the air and landed roughly on her back. Opening her eyes she realized she had tripped over an unoccupied bed and fallen ontop of the young otter who had been against their little fight in the first place. "Sincerest apologies sir" she said as she stood up and brushed off her skirt "You aren't hurt are you?"

Fatch of Southsward

OOC: I love the fact that when we are caged with one another, our first thought is not escape. Nope. It's "lets brawl! Now!"

Ellisar chuckled as the hedgehog scored a shocking blow. However, he could see she was in real danger of being slaughtered right then and there. Being an athletic fighter and climber, he recognized expertise and power, and the rat certainly had both.

Pyrin's arms looked toned, and he held himself with the stance of a seasoned fighter. El could pick out several marks and old wounds. This one had been in the business of fighting and scrapping for a long while. (I'm getting this off of Pyrin's character sheet, if that's alright.)

He had just hopped up, and was bounding towards them, when Katie backed down.

He approached the rat, just to ensure he wouldn't do anything unfriendly. He had never trusted vermin much. In his opinion many of them were as evil as they had been in the old days. He leaned in and put a hand on the rat's shoulder, keeping his voice low.

"I can tell you're no amateur rat. You're a seasoned fighter. Don't do anything rash, or you'll have me to deal with. No dirty moves, don't take things too far. Hope you get the chance to fight her fair soon. Fun to watch, eh?"

He patted the rat's shoulder, with some respect, and backed off. He was taller and felt that he was quicker than the rat, and he hoped his warning would be heeded. He was always game for a bit of fun, but this rat was dangerous, at least for young Katie.
~ The best way to pay for a happy moment is to enjoy it ~

Faiyloe

Krain slowly opened his eyes and looked up and then a ball of spikes was falling in his lap. He yelped and shoved the girl off of him and jumped to his feet. he held his breath and stared at Katie as she got to her feet and apologised with the politest manners. His face flushed and he rubbed his pricked arm. "I'm, I'm fine, sorry... you?" He said softly and glanced around the room uncomfortably.
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Rosie Willowwater

"Well, as good as you can get after you fall to the floor like that" She said smiling apologetically "I'm Katie but I don't believe I know your name yet." She remarked and extended her hand towards the otter in a welcoming gesture

Faiyloe

Krain adjusted his scarf, even though it didn't need adjusting, and then hurriedly extended his hand to shake hers. "Krain M..." He faltered and then thought better "My names Krain," he repeated the whole time his eyes never left the hedgehog. There was that nagging feeling again, there was something off about her and couldn't place it. He scratched his neck blinked and then realized he was staring and quickly looked at the floor. "nice to meet you," He muttered but it was almost incoherent.

Dannflower Reguba

Besch was just standing up to make his way towards the group and check on the pour otter that got sat on, by a hedgehog of all things, before his thoughts were interrupted. A rather snooty looking mouse guard with a couple of others had made their way, with a loud, metallic grating sound as the iron gate into the commons was opened, and proclaimed blandly, "Beschuss Schwelen, kindly follow us up stairs." The otter followed with a sigh, strange indeed seeing as nobeast had ever been called by them self before. His form disappeared, and the sounds of the groups footsteps receded as the entire entourage made their way up the rigid stairs.

Silent, for lack of a better name, had spent this entire time with that same, newly captured otter maid. Holding her gently, in a hugging embrace, covering her ears when the others started talking about her. The gray squirrel gave them all a mildly belligerent stare, getting on the girls case was simply uncouth. She new all too well how harsh this event could be, as she herself had been in shock and denial for quite some time after arrival, losing herself in the process of helping others cope. She'd been around for awhile, and was dismayed to hear Besch's name called again. He and a few of the others, two of which were now gone, had been very pleasant and hospitable to her for those first few months especially. Silent started to reach out with her right arm, but stopped herself after just a few inches of movement.... Hope was dead, she forgot this sometimes, though every re-realization hurt just as much as the first time. She resumed comforting the beast in her arms, though she herself was just as downcast.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Faiyloe

There was a grating sound and Krain's head shot up eyes wide, and he froze, only his eyes moving, as they followed Besch out. When the gate clanged behind them he stared at it for a long time. His brow furrowed. That was the only way out, but it was also the unknown. Hardly anyone who ever went through those doors came back, that didn't mean they were dead necessarily. But they surely weren't free.

Hickory

The grin faded from Warder's face as the fight ended and a guard took Besch away. "See if you can find anything," he called half heartedly. Even the relatively optimistic mouse knew that Besch probably wouldn't come back.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Rosie Willowwater

Katie started when she heard the guard call Besch's name and she wasn't sure what to make of it. "Is that as bad as I think it is?" She whispered leaning in close to Krain. She started to feel the slight glimmer of hope she had felt slip away with the closing of the iron door.

LT Sandpaw

"Ye got me wrong if'n ye think I'd waste me time fighting some hedgepig gel for no reason cully." Pyrin muttered to El as the squirrel patted his shoulder. "Ye won' 'ave to concern ye'self wit' me 'bout that. Though I reckon, ye'll 'ave yer paws full soon enough squirrel, so when it comes down to it, we might be at each other's throats for too long anywho. Unless o' course, ye 'ave me watchin' ye back." He winked idly at Ellisar as he moved away. Turning the rat scanned the crowd with a knowing grimace. There'd be trouble soon enough, Pyrin had seen first paw what pent of woodlanders and vermin could do to each other. He supposed his recent actions only went to prove that point.

Settling down on his bed of straw Pyrin watched as they took Besh away, his face remained impassive, though inside he felt a slight kick of pleasure seeing the otter toted off. If he didn't come back that was all the better for Pyrin. Perhaps next they'd take the crying otter. One could only hope.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Lord Daskar

Gurtun Soilmover hadn't been there as long as some of the others, only four or five months. He had mainly kept to his sleeping area, away from the other, bickering beasts, he didn't want them getting mad at him due to his short temper and hadn't spoken much, only once or twice when someone else had talked to him first. Hearing the door he decided the guards must be bringing food, getting up he arrived in the common area in time to see Besch leave behind the guards.  Quickly he turned around, hoping none of the others had spotted him and would follow.
When work gets overwhelming, remember that you are going to die. -A Coffee Cup

Be silent, or let thy words be more than silence.

Cheerful
Main Entry:   cheer·ful
Function: Adjective.
1 a : full of good spirits <a cheerful outlook> <cheerful obedience>

Ares saves not the brave man but the coward.

Milady Scribe

[[OOC: Oops! My apologies, got caught up in some housework/job applications and such...and maybe a few episodes of Columbo in my free time. *sheepish grin* Here, have a possibly over-long post to make up for it.]]

Nora had been there long enough that she was bored, less cheerful than usual, and more than a little dirty. Her fur was much more...brown than its natural shade by this point. Which was at least somewhat useful, she supposed--it helped her blend into her surroundings. She had spent her first month or so circulating through the prison, making friends and eliciting as many smiles as possible, but it soon became apparent that doing so was attracting attention. Her overt activities ceased shortly after. She didn't want to end up on the guards' list of names. Still, she sometimes moved quietly among the prisoners, offering what hope she could while avoiding the gazes of the guards.

She had been sitting quietly in a corner, drawing in the dust, when a disagreement started gaining momentum. Uh-oh. That didn't look very good. Especially since that hedgehog was young and headstrong--wounded pride and real or imagined slights were not easily forgotten by that sort. Nora should know; she belonged to that group herself. But it was quickly resolved (after an apparent flare of temper on both sides) and she relaxed.

Then Besch was called. Nora had seen the otter around, but didn't know him. She suspected that few beasts here did. What surprised her is that he went quietly, without any restraints, and without any visible agitation. He merely gave a quiet sigh and followed the guards. This fascinated Nora, who began speculating on why he didn't cause a fuss, why they'd want him a second time, and what they could be doing that was so unspeakable yet left so little evidence.

Her thoughts were interrupted when she noticed a mole she hadn't seen before entering the common area, only to see Besch being taken away and returning to where he'd come from. Curious, Nora padded softly after him. "Excuse me," she murmured when she was close enough for him to hear.
"This song, as all of our songs, has nothing whatever to do with squirrels." -Darby O'Gill

Favorite trenchcoated characters: Castiel, Lt. Columbo, Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, The Doctor, Harry Dresden, Sherlock Holmes

Lord Daskar

Gurtun scowled as he heard someone approaching, he hoped it wouldn't be someone irritating. Turning around when he heard it speak he saw a short cat. It would be a vermin, he thought to himself.

"What do you want?"
When work gets overwhelming, remember that you are going to die. -A Coffee Cup

Be silent, or let thy words be more than silence.

Cheerful
Main Entry:   cheer·ful
Function: Adjective.
1 a : full of good spirits <a cheerful outlook> <cheerful obedience>

Ares saves not the brave man but the coward.

Fatch of Southsward

Ellisar watched closely as the guards marched the former prisoner away.

He smiled confidently at the door, imagining the snooty looking mouse. He would be ready for them when his name was called. He hoped it was sometime soon. He was ready to move on from this place.

Resigning himself to the cells for now, he eased down onto the floor alongside Katie and Krain, leaning against the wall again.

"There's only one way to find out how bad this really is, Katie. We've got to go through that door. There's something big out there, I know it. What's waiting for you out there?"

~ The best way to pay for a happy moment is to enjoy it ~