News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

The Quest for Romance: The Hunt for the Lashkeel

Started by Rainshadow, November 16, 2012, 04:49:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrookSkimmer

Acorn eyed the hare as she spoke the odd poem. The squirrel moved to a rope closer to the hare and spoke quietly.

"Are you feeling sick? If so, the riggings are not the place for you..."

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: BrookSkimmer on December 05, 2012, 12:58:55 AM

The shecat smiled at the new otter. "Are you tired after that long swim?"

"That I am," said Featherwood. He went below deck and began singing to him self.

50 otters on a dead rat's chest,

Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum.

Drink to the captain and done for the rest,

Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum.

But one otter of the crew alive went to sea with 75
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

W0NWILL

"They aren't," Phillim gasped, "but I can't go down there." Her gaze flickered to the cats.

BrookSkimmer

A day and a night had passed at sea. Acorn paced the decks, casting her gaze up at the hare in the riggings. Phillim was proving top be an impossible beast the reason with. The hare's upbringing had caused her to hate and not trust the wild cats no matter how Acorn reasoned with her. Certainly by now something bad would have arisen if Brielle and Cooper had wished them ill. And yet there they were, speaking kindly, helping other out, smiling. They were acting as a Redwaller would. Acorn sighed, she missed her home and she missed Milo. She wished the bell ringer was with her right now. He would make her feel better about the whole thing.

Rikkendo was studying some sea charts, checking currents and tides. The ship's captain was near by.

"So Captain, the ship seems to be running out smoothly. We should have a chance to catch up with the Lashkeel at some point. It's a bigger ship and moves much slower then your fine craft."

The mouse looked up, his paw on the hilt of his blade as he thought out loud.

"I think we're sailing towards a battle Captain. I've never fought vermin before. Have you? Do you think you'll join in this fight as well?"
________

Brielle looked into Coopers eyes as they walked along the deck.

"I think we're going to catch the Lashkeel at some point Cooper. When we do, we'll have to fight." She stretched her paw claws out. "I'd love to get that Brinewater backed up in a corner." He claws disappeared and she sighed. "I wonder if these Redwall beasts will fight with us?"

Then her eyes snapped out to sea. She tugged Cooper's shoulder. "A ship! There's a ship out there!"

Rainshadow

Cooper snapped his head to the horizon, peering out and trying to see the ship Brielle had been speaking about.  "Wot?" he asked.  "I don't see anythin'.  Wait 'ere."
  Cooper ran over to the riggings, climbing nimbly up them.  He tried to stay far away from Phillim, though.  As he stood up, rather high off the main deck, he once again peered into the distance.  Now he could see the ship!  It was a tiny speck on the horizon, but a ship, nonetheless.
  "Do ye think it's the Lashkeel?" he shouted to Brielle.  He couldn't tell what it was from this distance, but it did look a little small to be the dreaded ship.  Well, he thought, it might just be too far off to see the real size.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

BrookSkimmer

It was not long before the outline of a bird could been seen coming towards the Freebeasts. Seeing a robin this far out over the ocean was an oddity. Brielle followed Cooper's gaze and then noticed the robin. She turned her eyes up to the riggings and called to the male wildcat.

"Cooper! Here comes a bird! It looks like a robin!"

Not long later Churrup was coming in towards the Freebeasts. He spotted the wildcat up in the riggings. Keeping at a safe distance the robin called out to Cooper.

"Ahem! Ahoy matey?" He tried to sound nautical and important. "The name's Churrup. I've come from the Rusty Scallop to find out whose aboard this ship."

Rikkendo looked up form the conversation he was having with the captain. He spotted the robin and his eyes lit up. "Churrup! Churrup, it's me Rikkendo! Where did you come from?"

Rainshadow

Cooper looked back and forth from the robin to Rikkendo.  "Wot's a robin doin' out at sea?  Well, then again, wot're some wildcats, mice an' squirrels doin' out at sea?  An' an 'are!  The only creatures that should be out 'ere are those otters, an' even so, they're riverdogs."
  Seeing the deck a good ways below him, Cooper climbed down a bit before jumping.  Like all cats, he landed on his footpaws.  "So, Rikkendo, 'ow do ye know that bird?"
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Paradox

OOC: I was given the okay to have my character on this roleplay, but to make it a little more believable, I'll say that my character fell from the main deck hatch into a large barrel in the hold and knocked herself out, which explains her absence :P

BIC:

Deep in the creaking hold of the vessel, Stellaluna groggily stirred herself to a dizzy consciousness. Brown wood surrounded her on all sides, save for a circular opening directly above her. "Ugh.. where am I?" The chipmunk winced as she gingerly massaged bruises on her head and arms. As her thoughts began to swirl around her, she began to remember. Oh, why did this always happen to her! Stellaluna had been dancing around the main deck by herself, happy that she had been able to scram aboard the vessel before it embarked upon the great sea. Then there was a lurch forward into complete darkness, followed by a loud smack, a white light, and then nothing. Much to her frustration, the clumsy chipmunk knew it was just another one of those days..

With a restless sigh, she heaved herself up and out of the barrel, dusting herself off as she began to walk around in a circle. "I can't even remember what this ship's name is! I'll be surprised if I survive this voyage.. " she muttered. Making her way towards the ladderwell, Stellaluna ran a white paw up and down her tunic, feeling the familiar stuffed medical haversack she always carried on her. Immediately she began to relax. At least I still have you, she thought reassuringly.

As the cinnamon-tinged chipmunk came up from belowdecks, strong and fresh gusts of ocean air rolled across her face. Stella smiled slightly and closed her eyes for a few seconds, taking in the heavy scents of salty seaspray. She was about to head back down to escape any unwanted attention when she saw a small group of beasts conversing  with each other - and a bird! Normally, the shy little doctor would casually flee a potential meet and greet, but there was a bird here! And a robin, by the looks of it! Stella leaned against the wooden railing and watched from a distance. This would get interesting.
No, that won't work.. it makes too much sense!!

BrookSkimmer

So, Rikkendo, 'ow do ye know that bird?

The mouse was excited in the least to see the robin. Seeing Churrup made him think of his home at Redwall. He wondered how Tia was getting along. She must be around the deck somewhere. He could look for her later.

"The bird is Churrup. We employed him to help us on our travels to track down the slaving ship. Seeing him makes me think perhaps the other Redwallers are not too far off. Let's listen to his news."

Churrup cleared his throat as Rikkendo haled him. It was not long before the two wildcats had also come near. The bird shuffled his wings slightly, the salty air not complying well with his plumage.

"I've been sent form another ship. The Rusty Scallop. Your friends the Redwallers are aboard mouse. There are a few woodlanders and an old water rat also." Churrup clicked his beak. "I can't tell you how many seed cakes it will take to set us straight this time mouse."

Rikkendo smiled thinly. "Don't worry bird, you'll be paid back. Fly over the the Rusty Scallop. Tell them we'll hold here until our ships meet up." Churrup eyed Rikkendo. "Go on! Go, we'll pay you back. You have my word."

Churrup prepared for flight. "Don't know if I can trust a mouse who's friends with wildcats. Oh, very well. I'll tell them." The robin made to fly off and then turned. "You might be interested to know I've spotted another ship not fart from here. It's larger than this one and has black sails." Then he was off.

"The Lashkeel." Brielle breathed the words, her blood running cold. Soon they would be facing the pirate captain Raven Brinewater.
______

Acorn made her way over to Stella. The friendly squirrel smiled at the chipmunk, offering a paw. "Lo there. Didn't see you on board before. The name's Acorn. Are you part of Captain Buckler's crew?"

Paradox

The very second that Stella saw someone walking her way she began to look hurriedly around, as if trying to find someplace to escape. But the squirrel was swiftly homed in onto her position, and before she could take a step in any direction it was too late. Stella immediately began fidgeting awkwardly with her paws.

Quote"Lo there. Didn't see you on board before. The name's Acorn. Are you part of Captain Buckler's crew?"

The creamy white and cinnamon chipmunk eyed the taller squirrel with curious eyes. She could tell that Acorn was a few seasons younger, yet incredibly toned for her age. Curiously, there were rather puffy tufts of fur on her ears.. Stellaluna's mind scrambled from her reverie as she remembered Acorn's question.

"Hello! Err.. well, I was.. well, what I mean to say is yes! I am really j-just a little.. doctor! Captain Buckler requested the presence of a doctor and I answered the call."

Stella halfheartedly shook Acorn's paw, trying to smile and chuckle. Inside she was seething! Anyone could see that this was just a big fib! The more the quirky chipmunk thought about it, the more she realized that she didn't even know who Captain Buckler was.

Rainshadow

Tempest had seen Acorn and the chipmunk talking, and thought to herself, Hello, who's this?  I don't remember ever seeing a chipmunk aboard.
  She walked over to them and said, "'Ello, m'name's Tempest."  She smiled her most charming smile and stuck out a paw in friendship.

Meanwhile, Cooper was watching the robin, Churrup, with interest.  When he started talking about a larger ship with black sails, a chill ran down Cooper's spine.
  "The Lashkeel," he breathed, taking a step back.  He feared that ship more than anything else after what he and Brielle had done.  They had left, after all, and no beast left that ship alive.  Cooper knew he was dead if he came face to face with his old captain.

Tiria Wildlough

Tia had seen the Lashkeel too. She felt slightly afraid. What would she do if there was a battle? The mousemaid tried to calm herself. There was no reason to panic. If there was a battle, she would try and fight bravely.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Leatho Shellhound

Featherwood was wondering if Terra was on the woodland ship that was coming ever closer.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Paradox

If Stella was nervous when Acorn had approached her, then she was completely at a loss for words when the dark otter appeared before her. Once again, the chipmunk began to quietly lose her mind to timidness; her lip lower lip quivering in doubt.

Quote from: Rainshadow on December 14, 2012, 04:56:52 PM
   "'Ello, m'name's Tempest."

This Tempest had quite the set of blue eyes.. With a cough, Stellaluna managed to straighten herself up, standing a little taller and shaking the otter's paw.

"Pleased to meet the two of you! Um.. please bear with me on this, Tempest.. but what's our course?"

Rainshadow

Tempest chuckled and scratched her head.  "Well, I don't quite know where we're goin', but ye could ask Cap'n Buckler."
  Just then, Cooper strode over to them, nodding to the chipmunk.  "I heard yer question, mate, an' in answer, we're goin' after the pirate ship, called the Lashkeel."