News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Autumn Harvest RP Thread Part Two.

Started by Cornflower MM, March 02, 2014, 05:16:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueRose

Aoi rolled her eyes. "Because we always do, nutbrain. We will win because we have something worth fighting for." She motioned up the stairs to the dormitory. "We will win because we believe the dibbuns up there in their beds have a future." Turning, she continued to the kitchens, rather surprised with herself for saying something cool.
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Bitterly jittery, and not very glittery.

Captain Snowfire

OOC: Okay! I have good news! Jovani Fur-Ripper is re-joining. Jovani has made some huge changes is Jovani's life so Jovani has more time to post. A lot more. And Jovani will have Jovani's character sheet posted in the part two thread in the OOC. And Jovani will also have a post up this afternoon. I do apologize if this is a bit sudden. But Jovani had some life problems.

BIC: Lana looked up at Aoi's words. "Your right!" Lana exclaimed as he stood up and started his way quickly to the kitchens. "First one there gets to help the Friar with the best foods!" Picking up his pace Lana thundered his way down to the kitchens with surprising speed for one of his size and bulk.

Fourfang Stoneshade stayed in the woods as she watched the small band of vermin, all the while keeping her arrow centered on the one who was obviously their Boss. The "Boss" Does not look like much to me. Fourfang thought as she kept silent and waited for them to make their move.
Prom! Here I come!!!

BlueRose

Laughing, Aoi followed, traveling sideways by using the walls. "I bet you'd burn a salad!"
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Jovani Fur-Ripper

*OOC: Under the assumption that my character is still outside the East Gate where I have left him, I shall proceed with my post and keep it proper and prim! *

It was a funny thing, rain. When one looks at their surroundings it falls down. But look up and watch it fall and it's an endless swirl of dizzying contemplations. Time escapes all meaning, all existance. Thought becomes slow and steady; a trickle of sand. Noises in the area become ambience; a gentle lull of unimportant sounds in the back of the mind.
He thought he heard voices, but couldn't find the will to turn and see, his mind fixated on the falling rain and wanting nothing to do with the world around him. It was hypnotic. Disturbingly hypnotic. He should look away.
But he couldn't. It was comfortable.
He had a job to do. He had to find the Abbey.
Abbey? He was at the Abbey, wasn't he? What was he going to do with a bunch of wall, some dubbuns and babes, and a handful of old, feeble, creatures?
Nothing. They were useless in the plan.
The plan didn't exist. It was a foolish thought. Nothing more.
Foolish thought...Plan...It did make little sense.
Exactly. Forget the plan.
Forget....the plan...No! The plan was everything. He had to stick to the plan.

A loud noise close by snapped his focus back to the world around him and he blinked, his head swiveling around to find the source of the noise. Finding nothing the badger snorted, expelling the rain that had found its way into his snout, and stretched his stiff muscles. He must have fallen asleep standing whilst waiting for someone to come to the gate.
Glancing around once more, the red-furred badger raised his paw again and pounded once. Twice. Three times on the large gate.
And waited.

His thoughts turned to the wall as he waited, inspecting the large, heavy red stones it was built of. The sheer size was impressive; rising up seeming forever before suddenly seeming to end just within sight. The stones were strong, heavy, and closely compacted so as to withstand constant forceful attacks from battering-rams, and probably catapulted stones as well. The gates were solid and heavy, probably quite thick too. Possibly oak or ironwood, and designed to keep creatures out. 'Or in.' He added in his head. This place was a fortress, and a great strategic hold. Until you ran out of food and water, that was. Unless....The inhabitants inside grew vegetables and fruit of their own, and a river ran under the wall at some point. In that case, the wall had one weakness. If not, then the only way the creatures inside the wall could get water was by bucketing it from nearby water sources, or from a well to an under-ground river that ran somewhere under the fortress inside the walls.
All in all, it was a fortress he himself would be loathe to try and take over. It would take a great many beasts in order to take it by force, and he would probably lose all of them in an attempt. Unless they scaled the walls, or dug tunnels underneath the walls providing the large stones didn't extend far beneath the soil on which it stood. Defenders inside the wall could very easily sit and wait safely inside the walls, picking off their opponents here and there with ranged weapons and throwing stones. Their only problem would be, if the enemy didn't send any arrows or weapons back, they would run out of things to throw.
Of course, if this was the fames RedWall Abbey, then any enemy force would be waiting a long time before any attack came. The only inhabitants rumoured to be inside were babelings, and old, dying creatures. No able warriors or experienced or even trained fighter. Unless that badger and streaking creature that he had seen making it's way here were inside, in which case, the Abbey would be doomed anyway. Two warriors against a fully armed and trained force of creatures were hardly going to keep a fortress safe. Too many places to defend and too little paws to do the work. He would hate to be inside when something like that started. The best thing for the inhabitants to do, was to surrender and hope they aren't killed. Or hope the attacker's were idiots and didn't know anything about strategy, and just sit out the time it took for the enemy to run out of supplies.

Was there even anyone in this place? Or had he just happened to stumble upon a deserted fortress in the middle of nowhere? He wondered as he tapped a footpaw impatiently on the damp ground and growled lowly. He hated the rain. He hated being wet. But most of all, he hated waiting and being wet in the rain.

Cornflower MM

OOC: Jpvani! It's great to have you back. It's morning in the RP, and it's not raining. Oh, and when you've done an OOC: post, and you're goping to post as your character, put BIC: in, 'Kay?  Cap'n Snow, was Fourfang approved? I can't remember. Can we please go a little slower? I can't get on as much as you people can.

BIC: Lavender smiled to herself at the badger and squirrel's banter, and started walking swiftly down the hall. She nodded sagely to Aoi's comment, calling after them, "Aye, I'm sure you both will be burning salads!"

Captain Snowfire

OOC: Yes, to my knowledge Fourfang was approved. Otherwise I would not have posted in the rp itself. But if you are unsure, I can stop posting with Fourfang until you are okay with it.
Prom! Here I come!!!

BlueRose

Aoi laughed. "Yup! I burn salads on a regular basis."

Jovani Fur-Ripper

*OOC:  Jovani feel stupid now....Jovani assumed it was raining, as there be rainfall when Jovani last about. As a solution! Jovani begs some random beast atop the wall (Someone to blame) to relieve their bodily fluids down upon my poor beast in contribution!
To quote Treebeard: "Break the dam! Release the river!"
No worries, my dear Cornflower! Being on-line for me, as well, is no breeze!*

Iamthatis

" Shadowclaw woke to the noise of the Twin Bells. His jaw dropped at hearing the Bells go off 9 times. Oh no this cant be I over slept. But then Shadowclaw head starting to hurt I knew I should have drunk all that October Ale. He then put his clothes on and walks down stairs to see what was going on."
IAMTHATIS MY SWORD SHALL WEILD FOR ME
RIP BRIAN JACQUES

Captain Snowfire

OOC: Psst! @Iamthatis. There are no clocks in redwall. They rely on the bell tolls for the time.
Prom! Here I come!!!

Iamthatis

Quote from: Captain Snowfire on March 04, 2014, 08:02:23 PM
OOC: Psst! @Iamthatis. There are no clocks in redwall. They rely on the bell tolls for the time.

OOC: Thanks Matey all fixed.
RIP BRIAN JACQUES

Cornflower MM

OOC: Jovani, Okay! I assume your character (I really need to see your sheet again!!!) Is now in Redwall? Snow, go ahead! I woke up WAAAY too early this morning, so my brain's rather fuzzy.

BIC: Lavender laughed, and started running down the stairs, calling, "Well, so do I!"

rachel25

Fretka, who was standing opposite Avoir, had noticed somebeast in the bushes nearby. Very casually, he began to check his bow, try one or two arrows on it, then gave Avoir a look.
Avoir at first was confused, then realised what he was doing, and quickly flung himself on the ground, and Fretka fired an arrow where he thought the beast was.

Captain Snowfire

OOC: Okay, I now volunteer as the "Rain-maker" for Jovani! ;D This is going to be such a blast! As for Jovani's character. He is still outside the walls. Also Cornflower, do you have an update on Fourfang?

BIC: Lana, not familiar with the Abbey's layout. Figured that the kitchens, being the most popular among the beasts of Redwall. Would naturally be outside. (This is due to the face that he lived all his life in the wild so his version of a kitchen is a large bonfire with cooks bustled around it.) He then ran around the grounds looking for the kitchens, which he knows must be around here somewhere! As he approached the east wall, the sudden urge to relieve himself took over. There were to many beasts around here to do it, then he spied the wall stairs. Surely no one would notice if I'm on the walls. Climbing the wall stairs he reached the top with his bladder fit to burst. Rushing to the battlements he looked around, not seeing anyone that would notice. He promptly. . . Relieved himself.
Prom! Here I come!!!

Iamthatis

" Shadowclaw walks in Cavern Hole to see smelled so good. He says good morning everyone."
RIP BRIAN JACQUES