Is Redwall as Safe as they Say it is? Roleplay thread v.2.0!

Started by Ashleg, February 12, 2016, 11:58:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Groddil

Mortembell turned around in the doorway.
"I don't care if you eat it or not, die if you will, doesn't concern me!"
The vixen slammed the cellar door, leaving Rapshade alone in the dark. She was coming up the stairs when a tiny mousebabe raced around a corner and slammed into her. The vixen steadied herself and picked the mousebabe up from the step.
"Stumbly, slow down. You're going to hurt someone at this rate."
"Sowwee, 'Bell."
Mortembell winked at Stumbly.
"Don't worry, I won't tell Ava this time. But if you keep up, you're going to turn us all grey."
The vixen ushered Stumbly back into the Great Hall and took her leave to someplace quiet.

Ashleg

"Yes, Marm..." Said Rapshade respectfully, keeping his head low until Mortembell was nearly out the door.
The ferret looked up and cracked a wide grin right as the door slammed shut behind the vixen, fire alight in those amber eyes of his.
"Oh, y' just wait." He murmured, chuckling under his breath. "I'll concern you soon enough!"
Then the room was filled with darkness.

--

Back in the Great Hall, Log-a-Log Chrysanthe ran up to Mortembell, dipping her head to the vixen.
"Sorry to eat and run, but I have shrews to take care of." She paused to adjust her hat, grinning sheepishly all the while. "I already said my goodbyes to the Abbot and the rest, and I wanted to thank you for saving my life." She smiled and held out one paw to Mortembell. "How bout you walk with me back home?"

OOC-
Okay, everybeast!
Don't post after this. Now it's time for Groddil to do the epilogue, and then this (very fun and amazing) part of the Roleplay will be over...and the sequel shall begin!

LT Sandpaw

OOC: Posts just to be the last person to post before the Epilogue. ;D

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Groddil

Mortembell clasped the paw eagerly.
"I'd love to, Chrysanthe. Maybe I'll see One-Ear out there..."

*~*~*~*~*~*

Extract from the Writings of Mortembell, Vixen Recorder of Redwall Abbey in Mossflower Country.

Seasons come and seasons go. Today is the final day of Autumn. The leaves have all fallen, and we are finally starting to get back to daily life. There is to be a feast, Abbot Grant shall give a name to the coming Winter. So much has happened since my family arrived at this Abbey, but where to start? These woodlanders have finally made me feel welcome.

I still haven't heard from One-Ear personally since he ran off. There was a note pinned to the gates recently. It read:
"We stand tall. We stand on guard. We stand together. We stand vigilant. We are the Vigil, the Protectors, the Defenders of Mossflower."
I have no doubt it was him; he can take care of himself. I just wish he came to visit,

Bracklew became a lot more like my son. His good cheer began to vanish and he became a loner. He spends a lot of time out with an older shrew training to use a sword. While he grows far more mature his standing within the Abbey itself begins to drop. Nobeast denies his loyalty to the Abbey, but he has almost no relationships with the creatures within its walls. Grant tried to give the squirrel a purpose and made him the Abbey Champion. Now Bracklew wields Martin's Sword, but sometimes I still worry for him. Lately, he has began sneaking out on short trips into the Woods with one of his few friends, a rabbit named Petu. He continued training with the sword, learning fast. His left paw has never fully healed; however, he is getting better. I hope somebeast can help him.

My friend Rayne, the healer, is going gray from stress trying to keep up with her many patients. Over the celebration of victory and the continuation of Abbey life she worked tirelessly caring and healing to the best of her abilities. She still continues though life as normal, treating the Redwallers, of any disease, wound, or strife that may occur, and I pop in to lend a paw every once in a while.

Skipper failed to recover from his wounds. When I spoke to Rayne recently, she was worried. Rayne doesn't think Skipper will make it through the winter. I too worry, Skipper has led a good life. Perhaps this is his time to go...

Rapshade the Swift, our prisoner, is not his old self. He seems very subdued and keeps to himself, does what he's told. Good. I take food to him, keep him alive. Rayne gives him medicine for his sickness occasionally, although it's a waste if you ask me.

Duncan recovered surprising well from the loss of his daughter. He continues to raid the kitchens and cause trouble, even taking time off from his hare-ish antics to train the Abbey's new young ones in a fun swordsmanship class! A group of woodlanders arrived at the Abbey recently, including a young, orphaned squirrel. Duncan enjoys the squirrel's company. He reminds him a lot of Mixy...

Log-a-log Chrysanthe and her shrews continue to roam Mossflower, visiting here every once in a while. I found out what she and my son were whispering earlier this season. The Guosim help out with this "Vigil" thing in weeding out vermin bands prowling the woodlands.

Fangfang moved in permanently to the Abbey. He helps out with daily task, but still has quite a bit of adjusting to do.

Drubble is taking well to being a cellarmole. The drinks he brews are getting as good as old Fergbar's. Speaking of the hedgehog, we still haven't tracked down Muddle and Begskin, although some wanderers tell tales of a hedgehog and stoat that chase down and kill lone travelers.

Grant is, as I have already mentioned, still Abbot. Age hasn't slowed him down (at least any more than it already has). Since we dealt with Rapshade, he doesn't have as much on his paws.

Ava the badgermum has healed remarkably. Her leg wound is almost gone, and she tossed out her cane. Although she may wish she was still a cripple whenever Stumbly and his gang get up to their usual mischief.

And finally, myself. With Rayne doing what she does best, there was no need for another healer about the Abbey. Grant made me Recorder, something which somebeasts were initially surprised with. They thought that just because I was a fox, I was illiterate! Sure proved them wrong. I spend most of my time with the other elders, living out my days writing down what happens and sipping on mint tea. Quite frankly, its boring. Maybe Vadoma'll get sick of running away and come back to cause some excitement. But you don't want to hear about the boring life of an old vixen, and I'm getting sick of writing it. Maybe I can sneak down to the kitchens and give Duncan a hand to "help prepare for the feast." The gates here are always open; if they let me in, I'm sure you'll be welcomed with open arms.

-Mortembell the vixen.

Ashleg

OOC-
Okay, guys! That turned out great!
Don't post here anymore and I'll get to making the Sequel lickity-split. I should have it up in a little while, maybe later tonight.
Also, if anybody dares try what Sand did (aka this:
Quote from: LT Sandpaw on February 17, 2016, 11:47:19 PM

OOC: Posts just to be the last person to post before the Epilogue. ;D
)
I will outpost you until the sun dries out.

Aw, but seriously, though, don't post here! All chat will go to the OOC thread until the Sequel is up. ;D

Groddil