Is Redwall as Safe as they Say it is? Roleplay thread v.2.0!

Started by Ashleg, February 12, 2016, 11:58:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Groddil

"Because you're involved. And you tried to, back at Salamandastron, when he deserted. Now, I've come to finish you off!"
She jumped backwards and swept Rapshade's sabre aside, then thrust forwards with her blade.

LT Sandpaw

"Logalogalogalooooooog!" The shrew warrior feinted swiping down towards the stoat's exposed legs. Bracklew adjusted his sword then lunged. The stoat effectively blocked both attacks then kicked out catching Bracklew in the muzzle. As he fell both shrew and stoat went into a one sided wrestling match. Scrambling desperately Bracklew grabbed his sword and thrust again. The stoat rolled and a pained cry rang from the battlers.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry no, no." Bracklew cried backing away in horror. The stoat snorted with laughter and finished the shrew off with a quick thrust of his dagger.

"Heh ye got th' wrong beast treerat-" Bracklew's second thrust caught the stoat in the throat. The creature fell gurgling onto the deck. Reaching out a shaking paw Bracklew touched the shrew's face as a frantic fight rang out all around him. Tears fell from his eyes as he tried to make the body move.

"What's your name pal? I never knew you name. Come on you gotta get up. Please."

~*~*~*~*~*~

Catching the hatchet in mid flight Saltooth turned on his heel plunging the small axe deep into the woodwork. Satisfied he turned just as quickly parrying a blow from the katana. Using rather impressive pawork for a rat he sidestepped around One-ear stomping on the fox's tail while swinging for his head.

"Haven't even started mate."

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Ashleg

Rapshade easily dropped to the ground and then sprang back up, sabre in paw. The ferret laughed mockingly at Mortembell.
"If I'm gonna get finished off, it certainly won't be at th' paws of a grizzled old vixen like yerself!" He shoved her aside, noticing Fang with Duncan and Bracklew crying about something.
"Typical..." He muttered. Chrysanthe rolled by, tussling with a searat.
Grinning, Rapshade pounced on her and knocked her off the rat.

"Look who decided to come back!" Log-a-Log gasped, yowling as they tussled on the floor.
"You're sick, Rapshade...You better not get me sick..." She sunk her teeth into his wrist and managed to get on top.

Hickory

Jetfur sprang towards Duncan, trying to find a hole in the hare's defense. "Sssssdeath!" Yelled the rat gleefully. Stupid hare, he would wish that he hadn't been there on the shores of Salamandastron!
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Ashleg

"Maybe for you, wot, old chap!" Duncan replied, springing towards Jetfur at the same time as to meet him in the middle and possibly knock him over.
Fang grimaced, "Aaw no, Jetty, jus' give up afore this gets bad!"

LT Sandpaw

Gritting his teeth and wiping away his tears Bracklew retrieved his bloodied sword standing. The battle had separated into different areas with each creature battling for its life. No sense or order commanded the chaotic ship as all plan and strategy dissolved.

His teeth chattering Bracklew rushed forward his sword cutting into the unsuspecting back of a searat. The creature yowled falling forward terribly wounded. Blood sprayed across Bracklew's face, the young squirrel clawed it out of his eyes before looking for another target. His body shaking almost uncontrollably he rushed forward plunging the dulling blade into the back of a fox's footpaw. The creature screeched twisting about a smashing his spear into the side of Bracklew's head. The otter who had been fighting the fox plunged her javelin into the vulpine's chest before staggering off to the railing, her shoulder bleeding profusely.

Coughing Bracklew staggered to his footpaws, his vision swimming. He steadied himself before raising his sword ready to launch himself back into fighting. His eyes landed on Jetfur battling Duncan a short distance away. Forcing his worn body forward Bracklew charged Jetfur his sword raised a cry ripping from his throat.

"Redwaaaaaall!"

Hickory

Jetfur parried Duncan's attack and dodged, only to find himself facing the charging figure of Bracklew. The rat laughed maniacally. "Back for more, eh? Let's see what yore made of, squirrel!"

The Slavemaster swung low, hoping to hit below the squirrel's guard.

LT Sandpaw

Twisting his sword hilt Bracklew warded off a deadly blow but he wasn't fast enough to pull away. Jetfur's steel slide though his flesh and fur easily staining the blade red. Gasping in shock Bracklew doubled up plunging his left paw into the abrasion. Feeling lightheaded the squirrel swiped clumsily at Jetfur's footpaw as he fell to his knees. Red blood mixed with red fur and Bracklew's knees cracked as the collided with the deck. Pain flared in his subconscious as the squirrel stared up at Jetfur eyes wide trying to fight off the overwhelming sense of blackness that was closing in..

OOC: Sage if you would PP them falling into the slave quarters. Say Bracklew tries to roll out of reach or something.

Ashleg

Log-a-Log smirked and managed to swipe her claws down the side of Rapshade's face, causing the ferret to yelp before he kicked her off and swooped in with his sword, nicking her ear.
Chrysanthe pulled out her cutlass and grinned at him, the light of battle shining in her eyes.
The pirate ferret started backing up.
Log-a-Log chuckled. "You look a bit nervous, Rapshade..."
"I'm not nervous!" Rapshade hissed, bumping into Duncan from behind.
Fang stepped in beside Log-a-Log.
"Why're ye always lyin' t' yerself, Cap'n?"
"I'm not! Fangfang, you need t'..."
"There you are, ferret!" Duncan exclaimed, turning away from Bracklew because for some reason he felt that the young squirrel would be alright. "Let's get him, Log-a-Log..."

Hickory

Jetfur kicked Bracklew, once, twice, thrice. "Not good enough, squirrel. Just like yore friend the rabbit. Rapshade finished her off, just like I'm gonna finish you!"

As Bracklew tried to crawl away, hardly alive, Jetfur whipped him with the flat of his blade. Breathing heavily, he stood over the weakened squirrel. As he stepped forward, Bracklew kicked out with his paws, sending Jetfur tumbling into the slave deck. Swearing wildly, the rat smashed through the door and landing hard on the floor, spitting out splinters. "Lily-livered coward! COme and fight me like a proper warrior!"

LT Sandpaw

Anger filled every inch of Bracklew as he plunged down after Jetfur landing heavily on the rat. Both went down in a tumble of fur, paws, and tails. He wanted to hurt the rat, to hurt him like he had hurt Mixy. To hurt him for every slave that had ever suffered under the rat's lash, to hurt him for every whip mark on his back. Bracklew's tired paw did little too Jetfur and with one solid kick the rat sent him rolling off.

"Vermin."Bracklew gasped trying to pull himself up. "Mixy, help. Hurts. Hurts so much." His paw found a chain he grabbed hold of the links which were still attached to the rowing bench. Tightening his grip Bracklew twisted the chain leaving his blood and the blood of vermin smeared across the metal. His eyes flared as Jetfur sprang at him falling back blinded by fur, and blood Bracklew twisted the chain again tightening it with his paws flailing it around in a desperate attempt to get it around Jetfur's neck.

Ashleg

Chrysanthe's eyes narrowed as she approached Rapshade. He took a step back for every one she took forward, until he was pressed up against Duncan.
The shrew swung her sword. "Yes. Let's--"
As Duncan poised his dagger, Rapshade dealt him a hard smack with the flat of his blade, and the hare's weapon went flying through the air until it landed with a splash! in the sea.
The ferret grinned wildly. "Oh, clumsy you."

Hickory

Jetfur pushed against the chain, eyes wild with fear. Blood was the only thing that he could smell, and he grasped for his whip. It wasn't there. The chain pressed ever closer to his neck, and the rat spoke out of desperation. "Please! I'll giver yer anything. Anything!"

Bracklew's eyes were red with Bloodwrath. "All I want is your dead body, scum!"

Jetfur started to lose consciousness. "Ack! Cap'n! Saltooth! Anybeast!"

The rat's paws wrapped around Bracklew's arms, gripped the squirrel's fur in a death grip. Bracklew locked eyes with the rat. "Go to Hellgates, vermin!"

Jetfur's paws slipped from Bracklew's, slick with blood. He gasped for air, getting none. The Slavemaster clawed at Bracklew's eyes, getting good results. The squirrel gritted his teeth in pain and pressed harder. The rat pushed upward, taking in one, final, rattling breath, before going limp. Jetfur was dead!

LT Sandpaw

Even after Jetfur's body went limp Bracklew squeezed the chain tighter. His eyes were stuck shut with blood Jetfur's claws still dug into his arms painfully. Slowly the haze of hate lifted from Bracklew and his paws to weak to hold the chain any longer let go. With the last reserves of strength Bracklew pushed the body and chain off of himself sucking in a single blood and filth tasting breath.

It didn't matter what happened above deck, it didn't matter who won. He didn't care. He was to exhausted to think. He attempted to wipe away the blood clouding his vision but it had dried locking him in darkness. Bracklew's slow shuddering breaths deepened as he faded in and out, his blood bled slowly spreading in a ever growing pool.

Feeling exhausted, lightheaded, and miserable Bracklew let himself slip into the welcoming embrace of unconsciousness.

Hickory