Mossflower Odyssey: The Journey to Carrigul

Started by Shandi, May 02, 2013, 01:27:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shandi

First off, I'm touched to have been included in the active Redwall sites list. Redwall survivor contests have been a huge part of the ROC for me and for quite a lot of other people. We're always so excited when we get new people in our ranks, so please, if you'd love to help write a great story with a group of talented writers, consider applying. We'd love to have you as part of the survivor community. If you have questions or need pointers on how to apply for a contest, please contact me! I'd be happy to help. Or, if you simply enjoy reading a great story, come along and be an audience member! You get to help decide who gets into the contest, as well as have input on where the story goes. Having been on both sides of the process personally, I know that either way it's a great experience. I've made some wonderful friends in this community. I'd really, really recommend giving it a shot. What's there to lose?

And now, on to the main event:

For countless seasons, the town of Yew has lived in peace and prosperity. Nestled just below the southern foothills of the mountains north of the fabled Redwall Abbey, Yew stands as one of the last havens before Mossflower Country fades into the wild and lawless Northlands. The northern mountains have generally done their part in restraining the tide of wickedness threatening to spill into Mossflower.

However, several seasons ago, as if from nowhere, a mysterious settlement sprang up on the northern side of the mountains. Nobeast knew much of it, but then a name surfaced: Carrigul. It was a name borne over the mountain range upon the lips of terrified travelers, a name not spoken but whispered, as if in fear it might perhaps answer back.

Carrigul. Once a small settlement, but now rumored to be growing, spreading, plague-like. The tides may soon be turning for all of Mossflower.

Mossflower Odyssey is the latest Redwall Survivor Contest!

Applications due May 31st. Contest rules can be read here.

What are these contests?
Based roughly after the Survivor television show and set in the Redwall universe, these contests involve writing a story together with the other contestants. Contestants apply by writing a short scene showcasing their character, and are then selected either by judges, the audience, or a combination of both. Each week, the audience votes for their least favorite character, and the one with the most votes is eliminated from the story, usually with the writer killing off their character. Once the playing field has been narrowed to a small handful of contestants (usually about three), a winner is chosen by the audience, and the story concludes.

The latest Redwall survivor contest! Apps due May 31st!

Romsca

Since I wasn't able to do this one, will there be another one soon?

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.