News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

The most random thread ever!!!

Started by Icefire, July 04, 2011, 04:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jukka the Sling

Just finished watching the eight available episodes of Extinct, and all I know is, I'm gonna be dying until November 19th.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

The Skarzs

You are suffering the consequences of your actions.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Maudie

Today I briefly considered approaching a guy that I think is cute and asking him if anyone has ever told him that he's really good looking.

Then I realized that I couldn't do that.

Because if he said no I'd be too tempted to say "There's probably a reason for that."

Just because that's my sense of humor. Not because I really think that.

But yeah, I'm a horrible person.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Krantor the Brutal

Not my slice of cake, so to speak...
"Friends, if I advance, follow me! If I retreat, kill me! If I die, avenge me!" - Henri de la Rochejaquelein

Maudie

Anyway, moving on... :P

I've got a Speech and Tournament on Saturday (I guess that's tomorrow now... :P) and I don't have near as much work done as I should... :P
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Krantor the Brutal

"Friends, if I advance, follow me! If I retreat, kill me! If I die, avenge me!" - Henri de la Rochejaquelein

Maudie

Krantor the Brutal

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Delthion

Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Krantor the Brutal

Cornflower MM

Maudie

Actually, I would love it if you guys could help me out. Extemporaneous speeches are a lot easier and more successful if they contain an analogy to simplify the subject or make it more relatable.

My topics are The Iraqi-Kurdistan Referendum, DACA, and U.S.-North Korea Tensions. For the Kurdistan referendum I'm kind of looking for an analogy for a semi-autonomous state. I haven't really thought about analogies for DACA, but if anyone on here is familiar with the subject and can think of an analogy I'd love to hear it. As for North Korea, I also don't know exactly what kind of analogy I need, but I was thinking something along the lines of comparing countries to bickering siblings.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

(Erm, is relatable not a word? My spell-checker is taking issue with it... *shrug* :P)

Jetthebinturong

America and North Korea being like bickering siblings could work.

The DACA thing is like renting out your apartment to someone, then taking away their ability to pay you rent, or not accepting the rent they give you, and complaining about it, then kicking them out when they can't pay.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan