News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Forged weapons

Started by The Shade, June 11, 2013, 01:57:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skarzs

Just finished a sweet knife; It took me at least two months. The blade is 7 inches (or 17.8 cm) and the handle is 5 inches. I forged out a curved cross hilt and carved the handle from an old hickory hammer handle. I used broad-headed nails as rivets and ground them flush with the handle. I feel so good having finished it. :D So much relief. Also, I got so much of my own blood on the handle you could call it a relation. ;D
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

asmodeus

What if the weapons were a hereditary thing, like when one vermin ship captain gets his rudder pin taken out by otters, he uses a solid bronze spear as a replacement, taken from a soldier that said he got it from his father. Also, whenever one of the vermin in a band dies, their corpse is pillaged for weapons and clothing, so items could be reused many times.
I use arch btw.

The Skarzs

That is true.
But I believe that the woodlanders have more than once buried the vermin weapons after battles, so new ones would have to be made if a substantial amount are so completely. . . lost. (It would make more sense for them to be reforged into tools, but, y'know.)
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Sanddunes

Don't know if someone mention this but trading is one way creatures can get weapons because we know we know different travelers go through Mossflower