News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Uncorrupt-a-Circumstance

Started by Melanda MacBurl, April 01, 2017, 09:35:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melanda MacBurl

I noticed looking around here that there was a very popular game, Corrupt-a-Wish. I read through it and it was funny, but it got me to wondering what a thread would be like that's about building people up and helping them to think positively, instead of tearing things down.

This game works the same way as the Corrupt-a-Wish game, but the other way around. You will post a bad circumstance, and the next person posts something about how it works out for the best. For example, if I say "My leg is broken", you might say that "It works out for the best. While recovering, your positive attitude inspires someone suffering from depression."

I know my description might not have been very good, but I hope we can all make this game work. :)

I'll start us off: I had to go down into a sewer. :(
~ Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself. ~

Skyblade

(Ew. Why did you have to do that? You ok now? :-\)

But the icky experience built your courage. A few months later, when a group you're in had to do something uncomfortable, you were unfazed.

I have a stomachache :P

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Groddil

But the stomachache keeps you at home. Minutes after you should have left the house to do whatever you were going to do, a plane crashes into the street, narrowly missing your garage.

I lost my plane ticket.

Melanda MacBurl

Aye, but while you're searching for it, you come across some money you forgot you had. Later on, you choose to donate that money to a charity, helping save lives. :)

My favourite jacket has a stain.

edit: ach, autocorrect and its American spellings!

Groddil

You didn't uncorrupt that circumstance. Nothing became better for me. I'm keeping the money, thank you very much.

You discover that the stain has always been there, but you just hadn't noticed it before. You return the jacket to the manufacturer, but rather than replace it, they give you an even nicer jacket, as yours is no longer in stock.

My PC explodes.

Melanda MacBurl

I'm so sorry. :(

Your computer explodes, almost setting your desk on fire, but you put it out, and the backup hard drive you had saved all of your data! Furthermore, the company that issued it gives you a free replacement with a better model, and recalls the parts that were used in your faulty construction, saving a lot of people their lives and money. Your experience worked out for good. :)

My ferret chewed up my papers for school.

Groddil

Fortunately, said papers were just the practice exam, so you don't actually lose anything important.

I get shot in the chest.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

But ze "bullet" vaz juzt a dart from a Dart Gun und bouncez 'armlezzly off ye.

A year or zae prior tae 'oigh zchool ah got me arm zlazhed by ze metal-razour piece o' a pencil-zharpener zat zome bloke 'ad removed from zaid pencil-zharpener.
Actually true.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Ashleg

Your arm acted like a hydra in that when it was wounded it doubled.
Is that a good thing?

I fell off my bed and started crying.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

But tvaz tearz o' joy becauze ye landed on a pile o' pillovz!

Ah fell on a cactuz.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Delthion

Drat

But through the intense pain you shrieked so loudly that you opened a fissure in the earth and found diamonds! ;D

I lost my right arm.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

NovaNocturne

But you gained the ability to shape matter through equivalent exchange and alchemy.

I have to perform in front of a huge crowd and I have stage fright.

Lady Ashenwyte

But then the huge crowd is actually just one person named Rocket Rodriguez.

I thought that Melanda MacBurl was a real person.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Groddil

But I helped you see the light.

My internet is bad.

Dotti Dillworthy

But then it has gained momentum.

I lost my way out through a dark forest.