News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Land over the seas

Started by Log-a-Log, July 26, 2011, 09:09:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Log-a-Log

I have always wondered what was over the seas in the Redwall books. It said at the end of the Bellmaker Mariel, Dandin, and a few others went over the seas with a ship. Also, I might be wrong, but I think it said that Cluny was from over the seas.
It seems to have a lot of mystery around it.
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Life's a mystery.

"I'd far rather be happy than right any day."
-Slartibartfast
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Lutra

I suspect you come to more land then.  That's what is there or the other side of the land that Redwall sits on.  We have the islands that exist because stories have built up around them.  Mr. Jacques certainly had endless possibilities.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Dotti

Did Sarengo and his decendants live in the land over the seas?  Or was that the northlands? 
"Aha! Today I shall become an author, and I shall auth, and auth, and auth, and make a squillion dollars! Whoopee!!!"
~Brian Jacques

Osu

I don't recall if Sarengo's family's origins were mentioned... must look it up.

I think anything considered "land over the seas" is just a general definition of continued adventure/"mysterious place far away." If that makes sense. There may not be "a" land such as North America, but there is land, and it is populated, and spits out creatures like Cluny, and must be explored.

Another story somebody must write? Arrh..
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Captain Tammo

It is mysterious. I think Brian should've had more stories away from the abbey, it'd make things much less of a cliche
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

daskar666

Sampetra/Terramort.
Ruddaring/Peace Island.
The archipelago in Legend of Luke.
Green Isle.
The Land of Ice and Snow.
Also Portugal :P

White One6193

Quote from: Osu on July 27, 2011, 05:28:19 AM
I don't recall if Sarengo's family's origins were mentioned... must look it up.

I think anything considered "land over the seas" is just a general definition of continued adventure/"mysterious place far away." If that makes sense. There may not be "a" land such as North America, but there is land, and it is populated, and spits out creatures like Cluny, and must be explored.

Another story somebody must write? Arrh..

I'll get right to it... right after I finish the other fanfics i'm workin on.
"Ride for wrath, ride to ruin, and the world's ending!"- King Theoden

RIP Brian Jacques... ET NOMINE PATRI, ET FILLI, ET SPIRITUS SANCTI, AMEN!

Mit Gott, Fur Koenig, und Die Vadeirlandt!

daskar666

From its descriptions and the map, Riftgard seems like it's in the northlands, however all the characters did use ships to go to and from.

Muse

Yeah, Abbey, Northlands, and Southern Islands are visited a lot. I think of them alsomt like Brit. colonies, India, Australia, (Australia=Sampetra? ;))
Do not fear the unknown. It cannot hurt you.
What is truly worth fearing is the known.
By Muse

Cheesethief

I wish BJ hadnt kept visiting the same places over and over. On this board there are many topics about geographical mystery. It's tough when you realize there will be no more books to answer our questions :(

Muse

But like I said somewhere else, its wonderful how large his world is.  would hate visiting the sameplace over and over, but love exploring
By Muse

Captain Tammo

Quote from: Muse on November 08, 2011, 01:11:46 AM
But like I said somewhere else, its wonderful how large his world is.  would hate visiting the sameplace over and over, but love exploring

"there's more to be seen
than can ever be seen,
More to do,
Than can ever be done!"
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Muse

By Muse

Taggerung The Otter

maybee that is where humans live (no likely)
For GOD so loved the world he gave his only begotton SON so that whoever belived in him would not parish but live eternal life.

Oh yeah...buitiful verse... :D