News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The Doomwyte Cave

Started by The Skarzs, July 03, 2014, 09:32:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skarzs

This has been a bit intriguing to me. I always thought it was not possible that it existed.
Silly me.
Any who have heard of Yellowstone National Park, I went there on my vacation that is currently still going on. Anyway, all the hot springs and geysers are caused by volcanic activity below the water, causing it to heat dramatically and making many formations, including boiling pits of water. There is also a constant sulfurous smell. Parallel anyone?
It is possible for the Doomwyte cave to have naturally occurred and be exactly as it was.
Also, I wonder if BJ had taken the idea from Yellowstone or other hot spring places.
Your thoughts?
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jetthebinturong

I kind of thought that was pretty obvious, sorry  :-[

I'm not saying he got the idea from Yellowstone but I was taught about hot springs and volcanic lakes when I was in year 7 (don't question the English education system) so yeah I always thought that it was feasibly possible for somewhere like that to exist (not in England though so technically not in Mossflower either (there is no volcanic activity in the UK as it is not on or close to a plate boundary))
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

The Skarzs

It's an interesting place, anyhow. The waters are always scalding. (Sometimes acidic or alkaline enough to burn through a leather boot O_O )
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

Eh......Year 7? Okay. Not questioning...

I don't know. WHY DO YOU ALWAYS ASK QUESTIONS THST HAVE NEVER OCCURED TO ME?!?!?!

Tam and Martin

Could be. I don't think he would have gotten it from Yellowstone though cause he was in England.

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

The Skarzs

Quote from: Cornflower MM on July 05, 2014, 06:17:28 PM
I don't know. WHY DO YOU ALWAYS ASK QUESTIONS THST HAVE NEVER OCCURED TO ME?!?!?!
Because I can.

Quote from: Tam and Martin on July 05, 2014, 10:34:51 PM
Could be. I don't think he would have gotten it from Yellowstone though cause he was in England.
You realize that Yellowstone is world renowned. Half the people we saw there were from Japan. ::)
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Tam and Martin

Yeah but he would probably make it something more unique to England.

Cornflower MM

Yeah, probably. I don't know much of England geogrpahy, though. (Heck, who am I kidding? I don't even know if CA is above or below AZ! I could take a guess, though. ! And that's not where I live, by the way.)

Jetthebinturong

As I said, it's not possible to have something like that in England

The Skarzs

But who can say BJ based the geography of Mossflower on England? ;D He made a whole new world. . .

I'd like to think that it's supposed to be a unique land.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Tam and Martin

Quote from: The Skarzs on July 07, 2014, 12:25:13 AM
But who can say BJ based the geography of Mossflower on England? ;D He made a whole new world. . .

I'd like to think that it's supposed to be a unique land.
A lot of the things we see in the books are native to England so I would assume he would try to keep everything native.

Quote from: Cornflower MM on July 06, 2014, 11:11:55 PM
Yeah, probably. I don't know much of England geogrpahy, though. (Heck, who am I kidding? I don't even know if CA is above or below AZ! I could take a guess, though. ! And that's not where I live, by the way.)
I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE >:D >:D >:D!

Jetthebinturong

Tam, the positioning of England in the world makes it impossible for somewhere like that to exist in our country

Tam and Martin

Well I don't know as much about England so I will have to trust you.

The Skarzs

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on July 08, 2014, 08:58:56 PM
Tam, the positioning of England in the world makes it impossible for somewhere like that to exist in our country
Indeed.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

Learn something new every day, right, Tammy? >:D