News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Fanart by Nova Nocturne

Started by NovaNocturne, April 26, 2017, 05:18:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashleg

Well, not really, everybeast sees things in their own way.

NovaNocturne

Spoiler

You found something!!!

🗝️ (Fan Media)
🗝️ (Fan Fiction)
PM the key to Captain Tammo and DanielofRedwall to officially unlock Fan Media and Fan Fiction for the rest of the forum.

These two keys will unlock a lot of content, and searching might not get much easier.. Then again, you wonder to yourself that if these two keys are being found together, if they're somehow related? Maybe there are some recent posts from late February onward which could show what the tie between them is. It's worth a shot... right?

-----------------------
[close]
[close]

Just a really quick doodle of Redwall Abbey based of AbbeyCraft's design of the main building.
I put in a lot more trees than one might imagine. Being that the abbey is full of animals, I would imagine that they would have tried to preserve some of the trees closest to their building site when making the abbey.
Also, I kinda like this look, Its a little more... animated than the old Redwall TV series design and coloration. I'll tell you, it's certainly a lot grander seeing the abbey in AbbeyCraft compared to the TV show!

Wylder Treejumper

That's wonderful! I especially love the lighting effects you put in. They really make your pictures stand out.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Ashleg

Maudie

These are amazing! What kind of drawing tablets/tools do you use?
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

NovaNocturne

Quote from: Maudie on September 25, 2017, 02:29:18 AM
These are amazing! What kind of drawing tablets/tools do you use?

Thank you!
I use photoshop CC and a wacom cintiq companion 2

NovaNocturne

I have a bit of a fan project I want to work on over the next few months. It will be something of a... Lyric video with illustrated scenes for visuals (a bit like an animatic but not so movement intense)

I would love to just share the initial idea here. The song I would choose is Evermore from Beauty and the Beast and the focus of it would be the tragedy of Martin and Rose's love story. Some of the visuals I describe are facetious and ironic to the lyrics. Others are sincere. To read, the lyrics are to the left, done line by line, and then are followed by the illustration I plan on having visualize during that line of the song.

Honestly I got a little choked up thinking about how this would be if made into a completed project. Haha I'm such a sap. If you would like to follow my progress, let me know. I would be happy to share.

Evermore - Martin and Rose - an IMV project
Spoiler

Intro music - Martin in a winter scene wandering forward through the snow. He falls on his hands and knees.

[Verse 1]
I was the one who had it all - flashback to Martin charging toward Marshank

I was the master of my fate - flashback to Martin crossing blades with Badrang.

I never needed anybody in my life - flashback to Martin finding Rose's broken body against the wall.

I learned the truth too late - flashback to Martin holding Rose close to him.

I'll never shake away the pain - flash forward to the winter scene. Martin looks groggy and worn.

I close my eyes but she's still there - make the screen blink as though seeing through Martin's eyes. When they open a wispy figure of Rose stands before him.

I let her steal into my melancholy heart - the figure of Rose disappears as Martin is surrounded by Verdauga Greeneyes' vermin.

It's more than I can bear - Martin puts up a fight to resist the vermin, but as he is taken away, a rose lays in the snow behind him.

[Chorus 1]
Now I know she'll never leave me - Martin is put before Tsarmina for judgement.

Even as she runs away - Tsarmina looks angry and hateful of Martin

She will still torment me - Tsarmina breaks Martin's sword and orders him taken away.

Calm me, hurt me - Martin looks at the cat with eyes full of vengeance.

Move me, come what may - Tsarmina again orders him away.

Wasting in my lonely tower - Martin is seen wasting away in the dugeons of Kotir.

Waiting by an open door - the dungeon door opens and Martin looks up hopefully,

I'll fool myself, she'll walk right in - but it is only Gnoff.

And be with me forevermore - the pair are shown escaping Kotir, Gnoff leading the way, Martin looking back with his hand clasping his broken sword.

[Verse 2]
I rage against the trials of love - the sword then is shown being reforged by a great badger Lord.

I curse the fading of the night - the badger is then shown training Martin how to use the sword.

Though she's already flown so far beyond  my reach - Martin is shown about to face off with Tsarmina, next to the flooded palace of Kotir.

She's never out of sight - Martin is then shown surrounded by cheering woodlanders, a drown Tsarmina laying facedown in the water behind the crowd.

[Chorus 2]
Now I know she'll never leave me. - Martin sits, visibly aged next to the rose bush that sprouted from the dropped Rose from the first scene.

Even as she fades from view - He closes his eyes as a rose falls in his lap. A tear falls from his eyes.

She will still inspire me - the camera pans away to show a Redwall Abbey being built.

Be a part of everything I do - Martin walks through the doors of the main gate, looking around. A mole is carving a stone with a slot shaped like his shield.

Wasting in my lonely tower - a squirrel is shown fixing the weathervane to the top of the roof,

Waiting by an open door. - the floor of the stairs for cavern hole is shown being sealed up.

I'll fool myself, she'll walk right in - the interior of Martin's tomb is shown panning out to the sarcophagus itself with his likeness carved into it.

And as the long, long nights begin - the torches in the tomb burn out

I'll think of all that might have been - a light grows around the tomb and Rose's spirit appears in the embrace of Martin's spirit

Waiting here forevermore - the scene pans immediately out of the Abbey to the tapestry, then a rosebush crawling up by a stained glass window then out to an overview of the whole Abbey.
[close]

The Skarzs

Wow. That's quite the lyrical picture you've painted. Awesome.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Maudie

That sounds amazing! I'd really like to see that.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

DelenatheWanderer

That is so beautiful -I almost started crying!
Erm... are you ever going to post it on the forum? Because if you are, would the link be from your Youtube channel? Reason I'm asking is because YouTube is blocked on my computer (parents) so I might not be able to see it. Do you know if there is a way to get around this? Beacause this sounds amazing and I am crazy about Beauty and the Beast. :o
Disney. Brian Jacques. J.R.R. Tolkien. C.S. Lewis. Toby Fox. A.A.Milne. And more...

DelenatheWanderer

Oops. I just wasted everyones time by typing this I found the answer myself. Sorry! :-\
Disney. Brian Jacques. J.R.R. Tolkien. C.S. Lewis. Toby Fox. A.A.Milne. And more...

NovaNocturne

It would be uploaded to YouTube but if I can find another video sharing site I can try to use that as well

DelenatheWanderer

Wylder Treejumper

That's beautiful. I can't wait to see what you do with it!

(Also, Evermore is a fantastic song)
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

NovaNocturne

Doing some fan art of Scumsnout, the character from Soma's Redwall game. :D I can't wait to see what becomes of him as a character.

Spoiler
[close]