News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Redwall - The Game

Started by Astral, July 13, 2011, 05:21:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Astral

Well this building will be much smaller compared to the real Redwall layout, which is why we must miniaturise everything but keeping all the main stuff in-tact.

To be of the greatest help, I need you to tell me numbers-room:

E.g.
10: Dormitory
11+12+13+14: Big  Dormitory
etc etc etc

As you can see from the screenie in the first post. A room is not exactly very big (however on the top-floor, there are more rooms since there are no entrances), anyway compensation to the small-sized building must be given. I personally don't think there are any dormitories on the ground floor, they were always upstairs from what I recall.

The stairs going downstairs from the ground floor, would be to cavern hole.

-- Here are the basic plans I'm going by (remember the building had to be moved around to be allocated in the space, whilst still allowing room for grass/vegetation etc):
"Violence can only be concealed by a lie, and the lie can only be maintained by violence."

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Quote from: Astral on July 17, 2011, 07:22:13 PM
I personally don't think there are any dormitories on the ground floor, they were always upstairs from what I recall.

Correct, the dormitories were on the second and third.

As for size, the Redwall TV series showed there being about 20 beds or so, coming from an image of one in Mattimeo
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

rakkety tam

hey i love the idea of a 3d game of redwall i got some ideas for redwall if u need them pm if u want some ideas
rock'n'roll  will survive

25% nerd 25% redneck 25% rocker 25% Redwaller  100% me

If war must come, let it come during my generation, so that my children will know peace

rakkety tam

Quote from: Astral on July 17, 2011, 07:22:13 PM
Well this building will be much smaller compared to the real Redwall layout, which is why we must miniaturise everything but keeping all the main stuff in-tact.

To be of the greatest help, I need you to tell me numbers-room:

E.g.
10: Dormitory
11+12+13+14: Big  Dormitory
etc etc etc

As you can see from the screenie in the first post. A room is not exactly very big (however on the top-floor, there are more rooms since there are no entrances), anyway compensation to the small-sized building must be given. I personally don't think there are any dormitories on the ground floor, they were always upstairs from what I recall.

The stairs going downstairs from the ground floor, would be to cavern hole.

-- Here are the basic plans I'm going by (remember the building had to be moved around to be allocated in the space, whilst still allowing room for grass/vegetation etc):

i think there was a gardin

If war must come, let it come during my generation, so that my children will know peace

Astral

"Violence can only be concealed by a lie, and the lie can only be maintained by violence."

Gonff

I think @Rakkety Tam meant a garden. It could just be added on to the orchard.
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile.--Billy Sunday

Log-a-Log

I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

rakkety tam

Astral

Yes I have room for an attic, so I can include "Sparra kingdom" but that isn't one of my priorities as of yet.

Well I have the orchard, pond, and there is still quite a bit of room left of open space, where I could add trees and stuff. Which I guess is the garden.

martins#1fan

Quote from: Astral on July 13, 2011, 05:21:15 PM
Come one, come all, to the world of Redwall.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
17 JULY
Ok I'm in need of a little help. What do you think the other building, next/combined to great hall should be. I've though of 2 main rooms, the armoury on the bottom floor. And the infirmary, which I think would be appropiate by combining 2 rooms to make it bigger.

- I numbered each room, so you can easily post your opinion here.

- A single room is not that big, but it would be big enough to fit 2/3 beds

- I also think that in Redwall, they have big rooms, with lots of beds in.

Anyway opinions?

__________________________________________________________________________________________

REEDDDDDWWAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
OK um....make the building next to the great hall either a workshop or a food store.
Try to create the abbey pond as well.
LateRose is locked up in Martin's heart, and there she's bound to stay.

Astral

Quote from: martins#1fan on July 22, 2011, 07:31:47 PM
OK um....make the building next to the great hall either a workshop or a food store.
Try to create the abbey pond as well.

Well check out my blog, I put a screenie, of the plans.
http://redwallthegame.blogspot.com

P.s. a new video has been hosted, bell tower/dorms complete
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJB2ER-wiOg

Osu

Wow, you're making some pretty fast progress on this! Looking even better now!
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Captain Tammo

I thought the gatehouse was IN the main gate? That's why it seems so wide.
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Nightfire

Hey, when'll it be done so we can play it?
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Quote from: Captain Tammo on July 25, 2011, 07:35:54 PM
I thought the gatehouse was IN the main gate? That's why it seems so wide.

It's actually inside the main gate, to the left when coming in.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away