"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Castaways of the Flying Dutchman Discussion

Started by Matthias720, July 07, 2011, 04:41:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ungatt Trunn

Life is too short to rush through it.

redwallgurl

Yes it's not scary at all. It's more like Redwall adventure but with humans.
Fun. is a fantastic band.

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: redwallgurl on November 07, 2013, 12:08:22 AM
Yes it's not scary at all. It's more like Redwall adventure but with humans.
Then it must be good!

Life is too short to rush through it.

White One6193

Found a great poem about the Flying Dutchman.

See you, beneath yon cloud so dark, Fast gliding along, a gloomy bark? Her sails are full, though the wind is still, And there blows not a breath her sails to fill! Oh! what doth that vessel of darkness bear? The silent calm of the grave is there, Save now and again a death-knell rung, And the flap of the sails, with night-fog hung! There lieth a wreck on the dismal shore Of? cold and pitiless Labrador; Where, under the moon, upon mounts of frost, Full many a mariner's bones are tost!
"Ride for wrath, ride to ruin, and the world's ending!"- King Theoden

RIP Brian Jacques... ET NOMINE PATRI, ET FILLI, ET SPIRITUS SANCTI, AMEN!

Mit Gott, Fur Koenig, und Die Vadeirlandt!

Redwaller

Yay! Two days ago I bought the Castaways series, and am just waiting for it to arrive!

Firetail

Love the voyage of slaves! And the song......Bellaraga the one that a wed....
I love my bunny Benny, and my dogs max & Bella
REDWALL IS THE BEST

Cornflower MM

Re-reading them...Again...For a long time, I wouldn't touch them. I was afraid they wouldn't be as good as the Redwall books, and then the small pedestal I have Brian would get tarnished, and fall to the ground.....(Don't judge me.) But now? I love em!

Captain Tammo

I think I may give them a re-read myself. I thought the whole series was absolutely fantastic! And the best part was it never got old or boring for me. I felt that the whole thing was of very high quality (of course, this is Brian Jacques we're talking about, so I suppose that's nothing new) and was a very dynamic trilogy
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Maudie

I just reread them. I am gaining a new appreciation of Mr. Jacques' clean, entertaining style. It's like a breath of fresh air. Aaaaah.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3