News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Forward

Started by redwallgurl, February 27, 2013, 03:53:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redwallgurl

I was in the library the other day and my mom was picking out a book for my brother. My grandma had recommended Wind in the Willows and my mom was on the hunt for that book. Se finally found a copy, and coming to me she said look who did the forward. It was by the amazing Brian Jacques. I immediately sat down and read it.
I don't know if this counts as his other works but he did work on writing it. I enjoyed it (even though it was only a few pages long!) and showed where he got some of his inspiration.
Fun. is a fantastic band.

Kitsune

Ungatt Trunn

Wow! I never knew that he had ever written a prologue for another book!

Life is too short to rush through it.

Shadowed One

Cool! I'll have to read that!
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

Ungatt Trunn

Does anybody know witch edition of The Wind And The Willows had a forward by BJ?

redwallgurl

I have no idea, my mom found it in the library. I think it was one of the special editions like 10 year anniversary or something? I have no idea I'll try to find it.
Fun. is a fantastic band.

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: redwallgurl on October 26, 2013, 07:24:22 PM
I have no idea, my mom found it in the library. I think it was one of the special editions like 10 year anniversary or something? I have no idea I'll try to find it.
I'll check the release order of the editions for Wind in the Willows later. I might find something there...

Leatho Shellhound

I believe it is on the Redwall website store...

Wind in the Willows
KENNETH GRAHAMES' CLASSIC comes alive in this gorgeous, annotated homage to this beloved masterpiece.

An instant bestseller on its initial publication in 1908, The Wind in the Willows has become one of the greatest books in children's literature. Hundreds of illustrations illuminate the adventures of Mole, Mr Toad, Badger, Otter, Ratty and all the other favourite characters. In addition to notes on automobiles, picnics, gypsies, caravans, English mansions and peculiar dukes, scholar Annie Gauger has uncovered extraordinary new material on Grahame, his troubled family life and the origins of the story. Her preface puts Grahame's work in historical and literary context and she provides biographies of all the illustrators. With a stirring introduction by best-selling author Brian Jacques, The Annotated Wind in the Willows promises to become the authoritative edition of this classic work, published in time for the 150th anniversary of the author's birth.

Lavishly designed and elegantly laid out with illustrations throughout, this edition includes all the original illustrations by Paul Bransom (1913), Nancy Barnhart (1922) and Wyndham Payne (1927), along with the three illustrations from the first Methuen edition by Grahame Robertson. Also included are illustrations by Arthur Rackham and works by E.H. Shepard, along with rare family photographs.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Leatho Shellhound on November 25, 2013, 04:10:50 AM
I believe it is on the Redwall website store...

Wind in the Willows
KENNETH GRAHAMES' CLASSIC comes alive in this gorgeous, annotated homage to this beloved masterpiece.

An instant bestseller on its initial publication in 1908, The Wind in the Willows has become one of the greatest books in children's literature. Hundreds of illustrations illuminate the adventures of Mole, Mr Toad, Badger, Otter, Ratty and all the other favourite characters. In addition to notes on automobiles, picnics, gypsies, caravans, English mansions and peculiar dukes, scholar Annie Gauger has uncovered extraordinary new material on Grahame, his troubled family life and the origins of the story. Her preface puts Grahame's work in historical and literary context and she provides biographies of all the illustrators. With a stirring introduction by best-selling author Brian Jacques, The Annotated Wind in the Willows promises to become the authoritative edition of this classic work, published in time for the 150th anniversary of the author's birth.

Lavishly designed and elegantly laid out with illustrations throughout, this edition includes all the original illustrations by Paul Bransom (1913), Nancy Barnhart (1922) and Wyndham Payne (1927), along with the three illustrations from the first Methuen edition by Grahame Robertson. Also included are illustrations by Arthur Rackham and works by E.H. Shepard, along with rare family photographs.
Good job, Leatho! Think you can post a link to it or something?

Leatho Shellhound

Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

The Skarzs

I read that book when I was, gosh, six. :P Yikes, it's been a while.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Lady Amber

Wow, I never knew Brian Jacques wrote a forward!

Blazemane