Redwall Video Game Kickstarter

Started by scarlet, April 29, 2013, 04:22:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rusvul

Is this likely to be on Steam, or will it be available elsewhere? Personally, I prefer games that launch through Steam or their own launchers.

321tumbler

cryptopur

We really want to be on Steam but of course it's not up to us. So what I can say is that we'll be submitting it to Valve...and we'll just have to see what happens.
I expect when we get a little farther along we'll post it to Greenlight (if it lasts) and ask your help in getting it voted up.

Tim Churchmouse

Sounds great! I have Steam too, and I'm guessing that lots of people do, too. Having Redwall on Steam would probably make it a lot more popular. ;D
This is your referral link!
PLEEEEEASE CLICK MULTIPLYFYING TIMES!!!!!!!

WintersRead

How is the game progress coming? I'm sure we're all eager to hear!

Captain Tammo

Don't really know what to think of it. I'm thrilled to see that they've stepped up production, but unless they find some investors, I'm not sure how much kickstarter will be able to support them with. I suppose only time will tell, but until then I suppose I'll throw my bit in!

Thanks for keeping us updated, TBT!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

JangoCoolguy

At least they haven't given up yet, gotta give 'em that!

And let's see how the Long Patrol likes it.

LT Sandpaw

Does anyone know what era the game is going to be in?

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Izeroth

I believe it's not set in any of the eras, but rather in its own time.

cryptopur

Hi Redwall Abbey - I reckon I owe all of you an update.
Perhaps the first place to start is just to point you to our blog: http://www.somagames.com/somaniloquy/tag/redwall/

And to give you folks some behind-the-scenes info. The investor conversations have gone well. It's a slow process when everybody is excited but it is proceeding nicely. As of today, we're within the last 10% of what we need and have a half-dozen interested parties...so we're feeling pretty secure in the way this is going.

It's been a long road to get from that initial Kickstarter to this point - and a lot of homework along the way - but it's been so worth it. :)
We recognize that there is a lot of desire, even impatience, to see this wonderful world come to life but the fans have been so supportive of our deliberate but glacial process. :)

Anyway, I suppose it's a fair time to ask any questions - though I wont be able to answer all of them.
For one question above - we're about 90% sure the game will be set within the events of the first book.

The Skarzs

Sweeet! Can't wait to see this fly.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Gonff the Mousethief

Finally! Been waiting for this for a while, and am so excited! Keep chuggin' for that 10%!
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Rivertheotter

I heard about this In early 2014,but I thought It had failed. glad to see this Is still alive and kicking  :D
"But oh, my love, though our bodies may be parted
though our skin may not touch skin
look for me with the sun-bright sparrow
I will come on the breath of the wind"

Eulaliaaa!

So excited my head is going to explode!!!
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.