News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Adders of Mossflower

Started by Taggerung_of_Redwall, July 06, 2011, 12:27:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiria Wildlough

@ToR: You know how you said that shrews are by far the most terrified? Why is that?  ??? ???
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

James Gryphon

Quote from: CreggaRoseEyes on July 19, 2011, 08:13:26 AM
@ToR: You know how you said that shrews are by far the most terrified? Why is that?  ??? ???
Probably this is because of how Log-a-Log reacts to Asmodeus in Redwall; he's immediately helpless the moment the snake lays eyes on him, and Matthias has to practically drag him along to try to get to safety.

All other creatures expressed fear at the sight of him too, but most of them put up some fight (like the sparrows) or at least made some attempt to escape (like Matthias); I believe the shrews are the only ones we see that are completely paralyzed.
« Subject to editing »

Tiria Wildlough

Oh well, I guess...
I did think of that.
Thanks for telling me! :D
I'm not a hipster.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

James Gryphon is right concerning Log-a-log.

However, the fear of shrews to adders is much larger and widespread than a single character.
Consider the incident in Doomwyte, where the Guosim under Tugga Bruster suddenly become terrified and stricken with fear and throw themselves to the ground and refuse to move when Baliss the Slayer moves through. Even after the adder had long passed, the shrews, all brave if small warriors and who were in the midst of a war with painted ones, remained terrified.
In general, shrews are remarkedly to be quite afraid of snakes, mainly adders.
In Redwall, all the Guosim were terrified of the thought of going anywhere near the Quarry. Guosim and Log-a-log went, and even Log-a-log, great chieftain and warrior as he was, was stricken by Asmodues with fear.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Coobreedan

I told one of my friends (he was seven lol) about Asmodeus and after I told him he was like:

O_O Wow.

Then he started jumping up and down going:

AWWWWWWSOOOOMEEEEEEEEEEEE! Let's unlock him!

He thought he was a SSBB character :P
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Skalrag of Marshank

You think maybe the shrews are the most afraid of the adders is because they live in the forest, so more of them are eaten.
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

Coobreedan

Yeah... Imagine an adder lurking around at night around the shrews homes....
Asmodeussssssss...
*Shrew is dreaming lovely dream, and thus is smiling*
Asmodeusssss sssssees you are enjoying your dream....I can make it lasssst forever.....
CRUNCH!
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Tiria Wildlough

I'm not a hipster.

Skalrag of Marshank

One of those cool, yet creepy Asmodeus moments.
  ~ Larry Boy

Nightfire

Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Lutra

Simply saying Assssssmodeussssss is creepy.  ;)  Wouldn't that scare  you no matter which creature you were?
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Nightfire

Saying Assssmodeussssss is not the only creepy thing. What about saying Balissssss? Or Zasssssssalisssssss? Or Harsssssacssssss? or Ssssssssesssssstra?
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Skalrag of Marshank

Agh. I think the reason those names are so creepy is because, since they're snakes, they draw out the s's, and the names sound creepy when they're said so sibilantly. (I don't know if that's even a word, but, yeah, whatever...)
  ~ Larry Boy

White One6193

Quote from: Skalrag of Marshank on August 21, 2011, 05:49:00 PM
Agh. I think the reason those names are so creepy is because, since they're snakes, they draw out the s's, and the names sound creepy when they're said so sibilantly. (I don't know if that's even a word, but, yeah, whatever...)

It is, actually. Asmodeus is the name of a demonic tempter in the Catholic Apocrypha... Learned that from Brian himself! I personally think that Asmodeus is best villain of the entire series. Not only because he nearly defeats Matthias, but also because he sets up the events of Mattimeo.
"Ride for wrath, ride to ruin, and the world's ending!"- King Theoden

RIP Brian Jacques... ET NOMINE PATRI, ET FILLI, ET SPIRITUS SANCTI, AMEN!

Mit Gott, Fur Koenig, und Die Vadeirlandt!

Coobreedan