News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Deer in Mossflower??????

Started by The Shade, July 26, 2013, 10:04:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Shade

On the back of the engilish cover of Salamanderstron there is a vermin flag. On top of that flag is what seems to be the skull of a deer. Do deer live in/around Mossflower country??
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

MeadowR

There must have been some around somewhere. I know Brian liked sticking to smaller animals in his stories, but deer are still native. Maybe they wanted to keep away from all the vermin and fighting so they all live in a particular, not so explored place on the land.
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

The Shade

Yeah, thats probably the best expaination.....

Tam and Martin

Hmm...Interesting thought! I agree on MeadowRabbit on this one. They probably live somewhere distant like the wolf that Urgan Nagru killed lives.

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Rusvul

It's most likely the skull of a smaller animal, like a ferret or weasel or something, unless it has antlers. I can't find a pic of it, if you post one I'll be able to tell better.

BadgerLordFiredrake

baby turtle forever

The Shade

This skull has antlers. And I don't know how to post pics like that....

Tam and Martin

You find a picture off of the internet of it the you right click on it. A option should appear that says "Propertys" and you left click on that. Copy the URL of that image then come back to the forum and put it in the url tags. Then click prrview befor you post in then you have it.

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on July 26, 2013, 02:33:58 PM
It's most likely the skull of a smaller animal, like a ferret or weasel or something, unless it has antlers. I can't find a pic of it, if you post one I'll be able to tell better.

Maybe a Ferret, but nae a Weasel!
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

The Shade

Quote from: Tam and Martin on July 26, 2013, 04:19:59 PM
You find a picture off of the internet of it the you right click on it. A option should appear that says "Propertys" and you left click on that. Copy the URL of that image then come back to the forum and put it in the url tags. Then click prrview befor you post in then you have it.

Thank you :) I don't have the time right now though....

Maudie

Basil seems to be a big fan of stags, which I'm pretty sure are deer. But that was in the first book, before he made a solid foundation for his world.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Ungatt Trunn

The skull might not have been of a deer....but if basil says that there are Stages, then there must be deers.

Life is too short to rush through it.

Romsca

Buzz_Bumble

My guess is that it's just a mistake. There are a few images that are simply wrong, usually it's because the illustrator didn't actually read the book (in some cases because it wasn't finished at that time the illustrations needed to be drawn).

Romsca

IKR? In Pearls of Lutra, which has like the worst illustrations EVER! of any Redwall book, the mustelids (Romsca, Barranca, and Grath) have little cat-like faces :-X