News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

few questions

Started by NinjaMonkey, September 23, 2013, 02:03:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NinjaMonkey

i noticed in Redwall, there are some references that people are in it. such as the horse cart, with horses still hooked to it, Rats can't do that. And i forget were, but a description said,  "he shook himself like a dog??" so are there dogs in Redwall?? also, i also forget the book, but there's that cat who doesn't eat meat, but eats salad, he lives in a human built barn!!
NinjaMonkey

MeadowR

There's been a few topics regarding this. The first novel wasn't originally going to spawn even more books about Redwall, so he hadn't fully formed all the ideas about the world of Redwall in his mind at that point. The success of the first book inspired him to make a few changes such as removing any presence of human from the series. :)  That explains some things. If dogs are mentioned in other books it's not so easy to explain, as you could say how do they know the word 'dog' when there hasn't been humans to breed wolves into dogs over years, etc.
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

naima

Quote from: NinjaMonkey on September 23, 2013, 02:03:10 PM
i noticed in Redwall, there are some references that people are in it. such as the horse cart, with horses still hooked to it, Rats can't do that. And i forget were, but a description said,  "he shook himself like a dog??" so are there dogs in Redwall?? also, i also forget the book, but there's that cat who doesn't eat meat, but eats salad, he lives in a human built barn!!

that cat was in the original 'redwall' novel i think... i remember thinking while reading it; "but... that wouldn't work!"

there are, however, mice slaying snaked with swords and rabbits and hares serving badgers... so i'm willing to let it slide
it was the strangest thing today
i studied footprints in abandoned pathways
'neath forgotten undergrowth something stirring again
you were a single red blood cell and I lost you in this knot of capillaries
but you were bringing me oxygen when I needed it most in the smoke

(frank turner)

The Shade

Quote from: NinjaMonkey on September 23, 2013, 02:03:10 PM
And i forget were, but a description said,  "he shook himself like a dog??" so are there dogs in Redwall??

As for that, it does actually say that a towndog dropped news of Cluny The Scourge once...But again, this was the first book, and he hadn't planned on makeing a series.
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Shadowed One

Also, some things are references to animals that readers know about, and not necessarily to one's the creatures know about.
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

The Shade

Like *Sighs* run like a hare and fight like a bear.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Ach...Ezpecially like zat.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Ungatt Trunn

Its wat happens when a human rights about the exploites of Redwall! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Life is too short to rush through it.

The Shade

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on November 02, 2013, 07:04:38 PM
Its wat happens when a human rights about the exploites of Redwall! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
::)

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: The Shade on November 02, 2013, 09:31:22 PM
Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on November 02, 2013, 07:04:38 PM
::)
Well, its true! XD ;D

Life is too short to rush through it.

Gonff the Mousethief

I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.