News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

How big is Redwall?

Started by Ungatt Trunn, January 22, 2014, 11:36:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tam and Martin

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: MatthiasMan on January 31, 2014, 02:08:09 PM
Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on January 31, 2014, 12:32:53 AM
But the human/creature ratio could be different in the Redwall Universe.

But really, even if the mice were the size of your thumb, all the places that are in Redwall, all the rooms, all the secret places, it would still be pretty big.

If mice in Redwall were the size of my thumb, the tip at least is one inch, Redwall would probably be the size of 15' by 15' or something.
But I'm assuming that there really isn't any way to compare the Redwall creatures to humans. It's a totally different universe: ratios should be completely different.

Life is too short to rush through it.

Captain Tammo

But really, even if the mice were the size of your thumb, all the places that are in Redwall, all the rooms, all the secret places, it would still be pretty big.

If mice in Redwall were the size of my thumb, the tip at least is one inch, Redwall would probably be the size of 15' by 15' or something.

15 feet?! I don't think that's enough at all! I'm sticking with a whale... A BLUE WHALE! That's right... I said it.
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Captain Tammo on February 11, 2014, 10:39:10 PM

15 feet?! I don't think that's enough at all! I'm sticking with a whale... A BLUE WHALE! That's right... I said it.
Are you saying that Redwall is possably the size of a Blue Whale?

Vilu Daskar

In Pearls of Lutra Martin says something like this "I wonder what Old Roll would say if I told him that I saw a fish that was BIGGER than Redwall Abbey."
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Tam and Martin

Quote from: Vilu Daskar on February 12, 2014, 04:27:02 PM
In Pearls of Lutra Martin says something like this "I wonder what Old Roll would say if I told him that I saw a fish that was BIGGER than Redwall Abbey."
I do recall that. He said that the whale was maybe even bigger than Redwall.

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Tam and Martin on February 12, 2014, 04:32:34 PM
Probably was. A blue whale is bigger than any larger building in this world, so imagine what the size ratio would be like in that world!

Vilu Daskar

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on February 12, 2014, 11:08:50 PM
Probably was. A blue whale is bigger than any larger building in this world, so imagine what the size ratio would be like in that world!
I don't think it was a blue whale

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Tam and Martin

Quote from: Vilu Daskar on February 13, 2014, 07:37:47 PM
Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on February 12, 2014, 11:08:50 PM
I don't think it was a blue whale
I don't remember but it was a whale atleast.

Wylder Treejumper

I get the feeling the building itself was fairly large, with quite a bit underground. However, As it is, I am pretty sure the grounds were very large (remember the races?). The pond had big fish in it, and watershrimp, so it must be like a small lake. Also, they had a seemingly infinite food supply, which they had to grow somewhere. So I say that the grounds are probably very large indeed.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Tam and Martin

I have a question, Are we taking about Redwall the Abbey (Or Building) part of it or are we talking about all of it including the grounds?

Captain Tammo

I'm thinking with the grounds lol
And I just said the blue whale part to be goofy  ;D
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Vilu Daskar

I think it's the whole thing.

Wylder Treejumper

Comparing the whale to the building and talking about the size of the whole thing, grounds included.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Vilu Daskar