News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Wildcat Attack! Part Two.

Started by Cornflower MM, September 06, 2014, 08:40:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skarzs

Aggril caught Arya as she fell and picked her up. "C'mon, Kaylan; let's get her to the infirmary, quick!"

OOC: Not sure how you want it to go, Corn.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

OOC: I'm still try to decide. I think. Perhaps rushing to the infirmary would good. :P

Jukka the Sling

OOC:  Has Aggril actually picked her up, or does Kaylan have to help support her?
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Jukka the Sling

OOC:  Um, I didn't want all activity to suddenly grind to a halt...
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Cornflower MM

OOC: I was waiting for Skar. I'll go kick his tail.

The Skarzs

OOC: Was busy.

BIC: Aggril started to rush to the infirmary as quickly and gently as he could. "Kaylan, keep your paws on Arya's wound, mate! Gotta do somethin' to keep the blood down!"

OOC: If Jukka doesn't respond, he'll have to just get Arya up there.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

Kaylan quickly pressed her paws to Arya's side as firmly as she could, fear for her friend gnawing inside her as she ran into the Abbey with the older otter.

Cornflower MM

OOC: First, I believe we're just about facing the end of the RP. As I am, adfter all, still co-GM, I'm thinking this post, y'alls reactions, the epilogue, then done. And, Jukka, I am SO SORRY I didn't ask you about this first. Are you going to kill me?

BIC: With a wheeze, Arya opened her eyes, and saw Kaylan and Aggril. "K-Kaylan, I know I don't have much time left. Hear me out." Pausing and drawing a shaky breath, Arya blinked slowly. "Martin's calling me, so don't argue. I know you're young, and I know that you mayn't want to stay at the Abbey. But Redwall Abbey needs a Warrior, and you are perfect for the job. Please don't argue - With you, I know my home will be safe." Arya blinked again, wheezing more than ever. "Please, tell everyone. . . I said good-bye. . . . Don't grieve for too long. . ." With that, Arya blicnked one more time. . . And did not open her eyes. Arya Brushtail had left that world, and was on her way to the next with Martin the Warrior, ready to join those friends who had gone before her.

Jukka the Sling

OOC:  Del requested that I heal him, so here goes. ;D
BIC:

The mousemaids were about to climb back up and go see if anyone else needed help, when suddenly they saw the squirrel they'd thought was dead move slightly.  Instantly they hurried to help him.  The older one, Lilac, grabbed a stick and helped her sister Violet fashion a tourniquet to stop the blood flow from his arm, and then they quickly bandaged his wounds before Violet scrambled up and called for a stretcher.  Two moles brought it, and they carefully placed Feldion on it and set off for the Abbey at a run.

OOC:  Wow, Corny.  Okay.
BIC:

When Arya spoke, Kaylan blinked, trying to say something, but nothing came except more tears.  No, Arya wasn't dying... how could she, how, how, HOW?  This couldn't be happening, and how could she be the Abbey Warrior?  She couldn't take it in for a moment, but then Arya closed her eyes, and then the ottermaid knew that her friend really was gone.  She sank to her knees, far too shocked to cry anymore.

"Arya..."

Delthion

Feldion noticed dimly that he was being carried, he realized that he might have a chance to live. He didn't care all that much, but he was grateful to his saviors none-the-less.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

The Skarzs

Aggril stopped running as Arya breathed her last, and he stood still as he looked down at his friend. "Bless yer passing, matey. We won't," -he sniffed- "we won't forget."
  Setting down Arya's body and folding her paws, Aggril walked back to Kaylan. "C'mon mate," he said bravely. "Let's go."

OOC: Okay, I think we should all not post anymore so Corn can do the outro.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

OOC:  Corny said I could have one more post.  By the way, I wonder if Kaylaggril would be a good ship...
BIC:

Paisley entered the Abbey, and all of her tension and pain melted away for a moment as she savored the realization that Redwall, with all of its peaceful creatures, was safe.  That alone was worth the pain and stress she'd endured.

The hare leaned against the wall and sank to a sitting position.  She sighed and looked up at the sky.

The sight was comforting, somehow, after the heat and blood of battle.
-------------------------
Kaylan slowly pulled away from her friend's body and walked over to Aggril.  It was then that she began to cry again, but quietly, and as they walked into the Abbey, she was reduced to sniffling.  Her one consolation was that Arya was now at peace and would never suffer again.

The ottermaid glanced around the Abbey she'd helped defend, wiping her eyes.  All around her was the evidence of war; wounded and dead beasts were almost everywhere.  She quickly averted her eyes and shuddered involuntarily.

And to think... I always wanted to be in a battle, she thought, with a bitter laugh that was scarcely audible.

One thing was clear to her: war was a dreadful, dreadful thing.

And it had changed her forever.

Delthion

Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.