Is Redwall as safe as they say it is? (Role-play thread)

Started by Ashleg, September 02, 2015, 03:24:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should the vermin meet the Redwallers?

Yeah!!
Not yet...When we're further into the roleplay. c:

LT Sandpaw

OOC: When I first read your post Ashleg I though. "Wait Mixy is three seasons old whaaaaa?" Then I realized, "Oooh Birthday three seasons ago that's riiiiight." ::) ;)

BIC:

Leading the way into a small clearing Skipper glanced about at the small army of shrews resting amongst the trees. Further away he could hear the call of a kingfisher and the otter sensed water nearby. They were close to the pirates. Nodding silently to a shrew sentry who motioned with his paw for silence, the otter made his way towards Chrysanthe.

"Ahoy mate, everybeast ready?" He glanced over to where his otter crew were now mingling with the shrews. "I got bout ten o' me crew here. Not includin' meself, Duncan, an' young Brack. Wot about ye?"

Bracklew searched though the small army of furry heads looking for One-ear. Spotting the young fox Bracklew came to his side looking at him expectantly.

"Did any scouts go out? Is Rapshade still there? Do you think we'll win?" He asked in a nervous voice his tufted ears pinned back against his head.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Ashleg

OOC-
Oh geez! Haha. She's more like thirteen. ;)
IC-
Chrysanthe crept through the tall grass nearby where Rapshade's ship, the Shadowcaster, used to be, dagger in her mouth.
"Oh, drat! Looks like they've already left the river, Skip!" She squinted downstream and pointed. "Rapshade the Swift he is indeed. I think they've just hit the sea. Luckily for us, my shrews keep their longboats near this riverbank. Since the pirates are going so slowly, we should be able t' catch 'em in no time at all."

Duncan watched as Chrysanthe took the lead and paraded the group around to where the boats were docked.
The shrew gestured with her dagger at all of the surrounding creatures.
"Okay, four to a boat, hop to it. As for those of you who are a bit smaller like myself, you might be able to fit five or six together. Bracklew, go with Duncan, Fangfang, and One-Ear...In this vessel here. I'll ride with Mortembell and Skipper. The rest of you, split yourselves up."

Groddil

OOC: One-Ear is 17, Mortembell is 43, and Muddle is probably 32.

BIC: One-Ear and Mortembell hopped into their respective boats. The young fox retrieved an oar and nodded approvingly when Fangfang was assigned to the same boat as him. It made sense, they would be sneaking aboard together. One-Ear beckoned the others. Mortembell also boarded her boat.

Ashleg

OOC-
Since we're sharing ages now, here goes.
Rapshade is 34, Fangfang is 22, Vadoma is 56, Duncan is 47, and Chrysanthe is around the same age as Rapshade...Just maybe a bit older by a month or two.
Fang, you're youuuung!
IC-
Duncan and Fang hopped into the boat as well, and Duncan tapped One-Ear on the shoulder.
"Bracklew was asking you a question, I believe," he said.

Chrysanthe and some of the shrews began rowing their way down the stream.

Groddil

OOC: Threeclaw WAS 45, Vix WAS 19, and Redfang WAS 27.

BIC: "Oh, right. Well, Crysanthe just got back, and apparently Rapshade's hightailed it outta here already. Provided we can catch up to him, and the scare tactics work, I think we have a chance.

Ashleg

OOC-
Vix was only 19? Wow.
IC-
Duncan began rowing faster.
"He's a wothless coward all right, fleeing due to a little cut to the leg. Of course we have a chance. And even if we fail this time, I swear I'll hunt him down, find him, and make him regret everything he's done! I'm not about to let him go free so he can destroy more families..." He caught the glances Fangfang kept sending his way and reluctantly added something else to the end of his sentance. "...whether he means to or not."

LT Sandpaw

OOC: Hmm I never actually settled on a age for my characters seeing as one wasn't required for the sign-up. Though I would assume Bracklew would be around Mixy's age maybe a little younger while Skipper is about 40ish. Rayne wasn't my character originally but I consider her to be in her late twenties early thirties. Brandon was around his late thirties when he died and Creekpaw (Who was supposed to be Skipper's niece) was about 25 or so. Saltooth never kept track of his age though I think he would also be in his late twenties. He ain't old.

*Looks expectantly at Sagetip*

BIC:

Nodding to One-ear Bracklew took hold of a paddle tightening his grip on the heavy wood. He sat down his footpaws trembling slightly. Skipper noticed and leaned over tapping the squirrel on the shoulder.

"Everybeast be a'feared afore their first fight matey. Ye'll do us proud out there." He wink roguishly however Bracklew shook his head glancing down at the water.

"Its not that Skip, well I'm afraid of that too, but mostly its the water. The Abbey pond and River Moss is one thing, but that ocean is big. What if I fall in? I was never much of a swimmer." Skipper laughed quietly shaking his head.

"Never ye fear master Brack, me n' th' otters will get ye out o' th' drink mighty quick if'n ye fall in. Tis th' sharks that ye should worry about." By the time Skipper finished his sentence his and Chrysanthe's logboat had pulled out of hearing range. Bracklew glared at the otter's receding back digging his paddle inexpertly into the water splashing some on Duncan.

"Sorry sir."

Groddil

OOC: I think I said somewhere that she was similar in age to One-Ear. She was pretty evil for 19, I'll admit.

Ashleg

OOC-
*also looks at Sagetip.*
IC-
Duncan yelped and spat out the water, some of which had been splashed into his mouth.
He shuddered and shook his head.
"Brr! It's alright, but the water's freezing, so try and be more careful." His teeth clattered as he spoke.

When Duncan got splashed, Fangfang burst out laughing, nearly whacking the poor hare in the head with his paddle. "Ohhhahaha, priceless!"
Duncan narrowed his eyes, leaning over to Bracklew.
"Splash the rat," he whispered.

Hickory

POC: *noticies people looking* Me? Yeah, I think American football sucks too.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

LT Sandpaw

OOC: Huh? You think wot! Mate don't make me call Saltooth over here. He's just itching for a fight ya know.

BIC:

Startled by this request Bracklew dropped his paddle splashing Fangfang and everyone else in the logboat. In a nearby boat a shrew leaned over snatching the paddle before it drifted away thrusting it back into Bracklew's paws.

"Keep ahold o' that ye landlubber squirrel. Yer gonna need it, an' tis a pain to make a new one. Aye so don' loose it." Bracklew numbly nodded his thanks shivering violently at the cold as the water drenched his fur and tunic.

~*~*~*~*~

Above deck two weasel's who had somehow managed to avoid being put on oar detail stood shivering the early morning light. One of the two twitched his ears looking questioningly at his companion.

"Er ye 'ear somethin' mate. Sounded like laughter." His companion snorted shaking his head roughly.

"Aye t'was th' mermaids out laughin' at ye."

"Oh, thought so. Er ye seen me matey Begskin?"

"Naw 'aven't seen him." Both weasels pulled their ragged cloaks about them falling back into silence.

Groddil

One-Ear pulled his oar deeply. He looked closely through the trees.
"I can see the mast above that tree. The forest is thinning out, we're nearly at the sea!"
The young fox continued rowing.
"We have to get there quickly, before anybeast notices the boats."

Ashleg

Fang was imminently soaked. He gasped, shivering madly and wiping the water out of his eyes.
"B-Bracklew!"
Duncan had managed to block most of the water by holding his oar up in front of his face. Now it was he who was laughing.
"Next time you should think before laughin' at a poor old hare like myself. Come on, now." He smirked when they broke cover of the trees, officially at sea.

Chrysanthe called over to them from her longboat.
"Stop playin' around! We need to hurry if we want to catch up to him!"

--

Rapshade spun the wheel and took a glance over his shoulder, fixing the two weasels with a piercing glare.
"Yer supposed t' be keepin' watch. That wasn't you laughin', was it? If it was, consider yourselves dead. I'll toss ya overboard fer the sharks to enjoy!"

Groddil

One-Ear called to the other longboat.
"I think the main force should hang back until me 'n' Fang are done. We should probably get Skipper and the otters to swim us the last bit o' the way, so Rapshade doesn't notice the boats."

Ashleg

"Yaagh, no way!" Fangfang shook his head.
"I'd rather not get more soaked 'n' I already am..."