News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Announcements Response Topic

Started by Matthias720, November 11, 2013, 05:23:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashleg

How to convince your parents to let some random person online send you a sword is beyond me, however awesome that may sound...

The Skarzs

*Cough.* Artistic miniature replica. It will be completely dull.
If there are concerns by whoever wins grand prize they can bring it up to me and I will be happy to discuss them voice to voice.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Maudie

"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Rosie Willowwater

Quote from: Ashleg on November 01, 2017, 03:46:28 AM
How to convince your parents to let some random person online send you a sword is beyond me, however awesome that may sound...

You could just not tell them and when it comes in the mail say "Oh, how did that get there? I guess we should probably keep it."

Anyway, this is really cool! I'll try to participate in what I can.

Wylder Treejumper

EULALIA! I'm takin' home a sword, boys! ;D
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Maudie

Nay, laddie! That honor shall be mine!

@The Skarzs Did you make another sword for this, or is it the original?
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Wylder Treejumper

(It's a model version. Still, cool!)
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Ashleg

Quote from: Rosie Willowwater on November 01, 2017, 04:21:32 AM
Quote from: Ashleg on November 01, 2017, 03:46:28 AM

You could just not tell them and when it comes in the mail say "Oh, how did that get there? I guess we should probably keep it."

Anyway, this is really cool! I'll try to participate in what I can.

CUZ THAT WILL SLIDE!

Cornflower MM

*Claps* Excellently planned, staff. None of it sounds like my cup of tea,* but I wish you all the best. Good luck!
*Meaning I do not have the time/talent/willpower/know-how

Matthias720

You do get points for simply participating, so don't let feelings of inability hold you back. ;)

EDIT: And that goes for everyone!

Cornflower MM

MeadowR

Guess it's ending soon, then. Good luck to those who've taken part in the contest! :D The prizes sound great! Wasn't a competition I could really contribute much to even if I had had more time, but such is life. Maybe another time. ^-^
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Rosie Willowwater

Guess I'm frantically trying to join this contest 7 days before it ends. Too bad I had to take a break for most of the time it was going on!

Matthias720

You could still pull it off; keep trying!

Captain Tammo

Quote from: Rosie Willowwater on December 08, 2017, 11:48:50 PM
Guess I'm frantically trying to join this contest 7 days before it ends. Too bad I had to take a break for most of the time it was going on!

I was doing a little bit of judging ahead of time and planning out some "what-if" scenarios. It is absolutely within the realm of possibility that someone who hasn't posted a single thing yet could come back and take it all with a few wins! Think of it: if one person overtakes the current leader in an event, the old leader will lose their bonus points for winning and the new winner will gain those points. The biggest swing that can happen is of nearly 20 points! So don't be discouraged; just try your best :)
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior