Red Waters, Almond Eyes (Sandpaw vs Ashleg)

Started by LT Sandpaw, October 23, 2016, 10:35:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashleg

"Yeah, bringin' ya to 'im and stuff." Guja flicked his tail and gave a sharp turn, yowling, "Right, y'hear that, everybeast? Er, bring these two t' see 'is Mightiness!"

LT Sandpaw

Ublaz was waiting for them when they arrived.

"You numbskulls what took you so long!? I don't have time to waste bandying about waiting for you fools to dilly and dally until grass grows from our fur. Sagitar give your report, no, Guja give your report first." Ublaz turned his cold eyes upon the rats in question in turn, noting Sagitar's wound, Guja's smug expression, and the newcomer Redpaw's nervousness.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Ashleg

Guja smirked, striding forth and giving Ublaz a stiff bow.
"Yeah, so it looks like Sagitar caught this ugly scrap when she escaped from Vilu. I don't know how she did it, but...'t seems t' me like she didn't go unscathed," here he nodded at the wound he had inflicted.
Leaning over, he remarked so only Ublaz could hear, "Poor Sagitar's gone looney. She keeps tryin' t' blame me fer this."

LT Sandpaw

Curling his lip Ublaz pushed Guja away, holding a scented pawkerchief to his nose. "I do not have time or patience for lies. Sagitar," the rat stood a little straighter, despite the pain in her side. "Is what Guja said true?"

"Uh," Sagitar knew better than to irritate Ublaz, and pushing a rivalry between herself and Guja wouldn't improve the dangerous marten's mood. "Aye, e' speaks th' truth. An' this 'ere is th' prisoner I caught." She could take vengeance upon Guja later, now, she pushed Redpaw forward into Ublaz's presence.

Ashleg

Guja stumbled off to the side, sneering, but as he did so he left room for Redpaw to take the spotlight.
Vilu's assassin looked betrayed and confused, but for now he held his own and did not break down.
The searat grinned, removing his hat as he preformed a stiff bow in front of Ublaz.
"Guess that's me. Heh. Quite a misunderstannin'..."

LT Sandpaw

"A misunderstanding hm?" Ublaz grabbed the unfortunate rodent by his collar drawing him closer until the were staring eye to eye. "I suppose a beast loyal to Vilu would have heard some whispers of my power, what I can do, what I am capable of. You should know then that I can force you to tell me the truth through the power of my gaze. But, I would find it more interesting for you to tell me of your own volition first, and then take over your feeble mind and force the truth from you. So I can decide on how terrible your punishment should be by how much you lied."

Raising his other paw as if to strike, Ublaz instead lowered it slowly. Smoothing the fur on Redpaw's muzzle with the back of his claw. "So tell me rat, what was your true purpose for bringing Sagitar back to me? What was Vilu's plan?"

Ashleg

OOC-
Glad you revived this, Mate. Will try to post tomorrow, after re-reading this of course!

Ashleg

Redpaw wasn't stupid; he had heard things. Still, he fidgeted and grinned and initiated a visual scan for some sort of exit, not too keen on admitting his horrible intentions to Ubaz.

The rat kicked the air. "I'm 'ere to, well...heh heh. You wouldn't like it. Not gonn' do 't now, though, 'cause ye won! Congratulationers. I'll be goin', if ye don't mind."

LT Sandpaw

"You're leaving already Redpaw?" Ublaz cooed releasing the rat's tunic and letting him flop to the sand. "I suppose you have to report back to Vilu about your success. You wouldn't want to go back to your master a failure would you?" The pine marten gave the slightest twitch of his paw and two big trident rats stepped in close, ensuring Redpaw didn't attempt to make a break for it.

"I know how tyrannical pirates think and act, I've been dealing with them for far too long. You may as well be slain here swiftly by my sword as to go back to Vilu empty pawed to face a much more painful demise. I of course can help in this regard." A smile played on Ublaz's lips, a nasty crafty smile that made the spine tingle to behold. "Unless you help me help you. You might be able to avoid death altogether."

Ashleg

"Y-You can? 'Ow's that?"
Redpaw looked hopeless now. He gulped, shifting.

OOC-
Drat, bad post, but not much I can do till Ublaz reveals whatever he's about to say.

LT Sandpaw

"Easy, you walk up to the gates, claim you, completed your task, whatever that might have been. Then when the gate is sufficiently open, get out of the way." The pine marten swished his tail stalking around the hapless rat. "Not too complicated, but efficiently brilliant on my part. Providing Vilu is thick enough to open the main gate for you. Will he, do you know?"

Ashleg

Redpaw nodded dumbly, fear over mind. "Aye. Sure 'e will, jus' let me live an' I'll let 'im open th' gates, okay?"

LT Sandpaw

"Of course my dear rat, I wouldn't dream of letting any harm come to you." Ublaz soothed. The pine marten rubbed his paws together in anticipation. "Lask, Sagitar, Guja! begin sneaking your respective squads closer to the fortress, do your upmost to not been seen, surprise is everything. Now we must simply wait for nightfall..."

~*~*~

Several uneventful hours passed with the vermin down in the sand dunes sweltering under the oppressive sun. After what seemed like forever to Ublaz it finally began to dip beyond the horizon casting the island into shadow. Lying flat with a full routine of trident rats around him, hidden about a hundred meters from the fortresses main gate, Ublaz patted Redpaw's back, giving the rat a few last minute instructions and warnings.

"You see that big ferret right there with the bow and arrow? His name is Deadeye, he can pick off a fly's wing at a hundred meters easy as you please. If anything comes out of your trap besides what I want, I'll make sure you're the first thing in his sights to kill. Understand? Good, now go."

Ashleg

Redpaw scampered nervously down the slope, skidding in the sand when he--not once, but thrice--almost tripped out of pure fear. He knew how this went; he'd do Ublaz's dirty work, but the marten would order his sniper to pick him off when the moment was right.
The rat gritted his teeth.
"Vilu's more similar 't yew than ye think," he muttered under his breath, "Wot makes yew think yew 'kin take 'im, Ublaz, ye prim ol' curlywhiskered son o' a mousemaid...?"

He halted at the gates and lifted a trembling paw to knock, but the sentry on the other side had already seen him coming and was now eyeing him warily.

"Where's yer partner?" called the guard, a stocky weasel.

"Ran off, jus' lemme in! I have news fer Cap'n Daskar an' it's urgent, ye see."

LT Sandpaw

Sniggering at the simple genius of his own plan Ublaz watched the confrontation at the gate eagerly. There was always the chance that Redpaw would be spurned and sent away, or even outright slain which would place Ublaz back at paw on. But at no real loss. Yet, if the plan were to succeed the fortress would fall easily and Vilu would be hung at the jetty as a warning. All he could do was wait.