Unpublished Work

Started by Mariel, June 12, 2011, 04:49:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

martins#1fan

Quote from: Wot Wot! on June 17, 2011, 01:19:02 AM
Pondicherry is a possibility because Brian was known to get another Redwall adventure going before his latest was even out in print, so another Redwall is probably out there.  Whether or not it is ready for publication is another thing (it might be half-finished or need some serious editing). 

I don't think I would take to another author penning Redwall.  Think of more Narnia adventures not written by CS Lewis or more Lord of the Rings without Tolkien.  Just like these authors, Jacques has a definite style and flair which could possibly be imitated, but never come close to the real thing.
I have to agree! I mean it would be nice to keep them going, however, it just wouldn't be the same.
I guess I didn't think about it that way! ::)
LateRose is locked up in Martin's heart, and there she's bound to stay.

Storm

The thought that there may be another book fills me with hope. If this rumor is true, you can be sure that I will do my best to find the book.
Friends, Romans, Countrymen, lend me your ears.
I have come to bury Caesar, not praise him.
"Julius Caesar" by William Shakespeare

martins#1fan

@ storm Not without a struggle! :o

daskar666

On the plus side, if the books are written by someone else we might get never-before-seen story elements.
I always wanted a woodlander main villain. The basic vermin species are too...similar and woodlanders are so different
Mice are basic, moles are tunnel experts squirrels are perfect climbers, hares are amazing fighters, and badgers...do I even have to?
It would be nice for one of them to be a villain. A hare villain would be especially perfect, seeing as he would probably expertly slay innocent woodlanders and joke about it with all those jolly old wot wots. Much better than paranoid villains like Gabool who are scared to death of bells.
Also it would be nice if Redwall was taken over for once. If it could be done with Salamandastron, it could be done with Redwall.
Plus we still need a story about Loamhen/dge. The actual Abbey, not the ruins.

Lily

It's not a Redwall book, but Brian Jacques did have an unpublished autobiography called A Divvil of a Lad. You can read about it at the wiki. It looks like it was shelved quite a few years ago, but who knows?

DanielofRedwall

I really hope that nobody else continues the Redwall series, it would just ruin the legacy of Brian. Even if somebody did, I would never read it.
Received mostly negative reviews.

daskar666

Quote from: DanielofRedwall on June 20, 2011, 10:19:09 AM
I really hope that nobody else continues the Redwall series, it would just ruin the legacy of Brian. Even if somebody did, I would never read it.
I REALLY hate when people immediately assume that different=bad, everything in ruins, etc. Particularly with REDWALL which had many of its fans BEGGING for something different.
Come on, not all series are ruined when someone else works on them.
Look at the PSP game Daxter for example, the previous games were amazing and made by Naughty Dog, this one was made by Readyatdawn and it was equally amazing.
Same with the outsourced Ratchet and Clank games. Give it a chance instead of shunning it before the experience.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Quote from: daskar666 on June 21, 2011, 05:05:41 PM
I REALLY hate when people immediately assume that different=bad, everything in ruins, etc. Particularly with REDWALL which had many of its fans BEGGING for something different.
Look at the PSP game Daxter for example, the previous games were amazing and made by Naughty Dog, this one was made by Readyatdawn and it was equally amazing.
Same with the outsourced Ratchet and Clank games. Give it a chance instead of shunning it before the experience.

It is easier to duplicate the magic of a video game (or lack of it) than to duplicate the magic of a book.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

daskar666

Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on June 21, 2011, 05:47:49 PM

It is easier to duplicate the magic of a video game (or lack of it) than to duplicate the magic of a book.
Does it really need to be duplicated instead of modified?

Martha Braebuck

unpublished work = my book. Anyone else writing a book?
~Love, •*Martha*•

Whoohahahahooh!! ~Hon Rosie's awesome laugh!

"Fate 'n fortune smile on us,
and of this crew take care,
but let no greedy robber try,
to guzzle up my share!"

martins#1fan

Great to be back on the forum,  ;D I was helping out at my church camp!
Any other ideas???

Galedeep

I wouldn't be half surprised if someone  found something he was working on in about 5 years or so. Take J.R.R. Tolkien  for instance, they're STILL finding books he was working on, Brian Jacques seems to me one of the same kind.

martins#1fan

Quote from: Galedeep on June 29, 2011, 05:06:13 AM
I wouldn't be half surprised if someone  found something he was working on in about 5 years or so. Take J.R.R. Tolkien  for instance, they're STILL finding books he was working on, Brian Jacques seems to me one of the same kind.
How VERY true.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Quote from: daskar666 on June 21, 2011, 05:50:45 PM
Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on June 21, 2011, 05:47:49 PM

Does it really need to be duplicated instead of modified?

Which, if twas modified, would be saying that Redwall wasn't perfect the way twas and needed to be improved. I'm sure many people on here would like that, hmmm?
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Osu

Quote from: martins#1fan on June 29, 2011, 03:24:16 PM
Quote from: Galedeep on June 29, 2011, 05:06:13 AM
How VERY true.
This would be nice, but, I think, unlikely. (I'll be the first to do something crazy if they DO find something of the sort, though! :D)
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.