News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Unpublished Work

Started by Mariel, June 12, 2011, 04:49:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mariel

I've heard some rumors that Brian Jacques wrote a Redwall book, perhaps more, before he died.  It goes without saying that this would be my greatest dream as a fan!  I love the idea that there might still be some unpublished Jacques masterpieces out in Liverpool.  In addition to the fact that we would get more material, there is also that "National Treasure" aspect of recovering lost literature.  (If the "National Treasure" example doesn't make sense, try this: one of the reasons I love learning and translating Latin is because it combines language AND history.)

I read something about a new book that might be called "Pondicherry", although why the British-born Jacques would be motivated to write about a city in India, I haven't the foggiest idea.  Maybe it's a character's name or something.  But something else tells me there's another Jacques book out there.  This is just a gut instinct, and you can laugh all you want (or post laughing emoticons, anyway) but I just didn't think The Rogue Crew was worthy of being THE last Redwall novel.  Sure, it's a great story, but it just didn't speak to me like some of my other favorite books in the series.  For some reason, I think Jacques has a big smash of a story, a real epic, hidden away somewhere, ready to be published any time from next year to 2075. 

So...yeah.  Please post all your rumors (from credible sources please), feelings, questions, and anything else you want to share with Redwall Abbey about unpublished work.

Log a Log Grenn

Yes I heard that there was going to be another series which he wrote years ago but never published
Where the good characters are the bad(exp.Malkariss) and the Redwallers are evil
Redwall is the best thing that ever happened to me

Matthias720

Hmmm... Never heard these rumors before, so I'd have to say that I'm skeptical until any real proof can be produced. It is cool to think about though. 8)

TinaFey123/Tomthetomatoe

Fascinating that Redwall Abbey could possibly have more books in the series. If there are more, I sincerely wish that one of the characters develops what would be, or similar to, superpowers, and uses them to combat some kind of "super villain." I think that would really do wonders for the fantasticalism and wonder of the books' overall plot. Secretly, I hope the super villain is similar to Chronos from the Incredibles.   

Log a Log Grenn

Do you mean if some else than Brian Jacques wrote them? Tina ???

daskar666

Redwall written by someone else would be better than no redwall at all.

Log a Log Grenn

martins#1fan

I agree however, the books are originally written by Brian. If somebody else wrote, them they just wouldn't be the same.
LateRose is locked up in Martin's heart, and there she's bound to stay.

Log a Log Grenn

When I said I totally agree I meant written by another writer would be worse than no Redwall at all
I hadn't fully understood Daskar's post
So I hope that there is no more Redwall unless it is written by Brian

Spring Breeze

Personally I think that if Brian wrote a book and didn't publish it it was his own choice to not publish it and so it might be his wish that it is never published.  So even though it would be wonderful to have move amazing writing I would not want to read it if Brian did not want others to read it.
"Oh, golly.  Old Log-a-Thing's fallen over."
--Trubbs, "Mossflower"

Log a Log Grenn

Yeah it would be unfair on his fans and on him

daskar666

Quote from: Log a Log Grenn on June 12, 2011, 06:24:04 PM
When I said I totally agree I meant written by another writer would be worse than no Redwall at all
I hadn't fully understood Daskar's post
So I hope that there is no more Redwall unless it is written by Brian
That's the line of thinking I never understood.
If redwall books are written by other people no one's forcing you to read them.

Log a Log Grenn

But it may give the series a bad reputation

daskar666

Maybe it will, maybe it won't, no way to find out unless someone else writes a book and it gets reviewed.

Log a Log Grenn

But I still think it would only be fair if B j told the person to write them
If some random person just started writing them it wouldn't be right